Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why is the NC touchscreen so terrible on the edges?

Tip us?

aeidian
Old
(Last edited by aeidian; 20th April 2012 at 08:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Why is the NC touchscreen so terrible on the edges?

Seems like any rom I use (currently on cm7.2 rc1 mirage) and every one of them are terrible when I have to touch something on the edge. Like dolphin HD browser. It always takes 4 or more tries to hit the refresh button. Using speedial or desktop toggle from the slide out addons pane is just as bad.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

bobstro
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Did you try running Nook Screen Recalibrate?

aeidian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Wasn't aware that existed. I can't say I notice any difference. The refresh button in dolphin is like roulette. Was the program supposed to do anything besides flash a blank screen for a bit then reset? I thought it was gonna be a touch here and there to calibrate thing.

mopsuestia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeidian View Post
Wasn't aware that existed. I can't say I notice any difference. The refresh button in dolphin is like roulette. Was the program supposed to do anything besides flash a blank screen for a bit then reset? I thought it was gonna be a touch here and there to calibrate thing.

What you saw was it. No "touch here" buttons. It helps but sensitivity at the edges will still likely be not quite as good as elsewhere on the screen. Better but not perfect.

boomn
Old
Thanks Meter 83
The Nook Color's digitizer hardware and/or firmware is simply not as good as what's on other phones and tablets

Aldo101t
Old
Thanks Meter 1205
how do you run screen calibration?

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo101t View Post
how do you run screen calibration?
Download the app from the market. 'Nook Screen Recalibtate'.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here

bobstro
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeidian View Post
That's it. It's pretty simple. You might also try a higher dpi setting. I found the NOOK app frustrating on CM using defaults -- I couldn't click the settings button -- but with a higher dpi (I like 220), it works fine. Everything's bigger, which I prefer anyhow.

There are a lot of programs to set dpi, but I use "LCD Resolution".

koopakid08
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Myself and many other NC owners have found that using a screen protector helps with the sensitivity of the screen. I won't say it's perfect but it is a lot better than without one.

Sent from space

joeuser846
Old
Thanks Meter 6
The irony is that the single worst example for this problem is the Android Nook app. It almost guarantees to drive you to the Amazon book store. I suspect B&N think they are "punishing" us for rooting, but it's only they who suffer. You listening B&N? Fix the top right buttons on your app under CM7 please. I want to use your store but it is just too painful.