Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Why is the NC touchscreen so terrible on the edges?

OP aeidian

20th April 2012, 05:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

139 posts
Seems like any rom I use (currently on cm7.2 rc1 mirage) and every one of them are terrible when I have to touch something on the edge. Like dolphin HD browser. It always takes 4 or more tries to hit the refresh button. Using speedial or desktop toggle from the slide out addons pane is just as bad.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by aeidian; 20th April 2012 at 09:04 PM.
20th April 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 138

479 posts
Did you try running Nook Screen Recalibrate?
20th April 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

139 posts
Wasn't aware that existed. I can't say I notice any difference. The refresh button in dolphin is like roulette. Was the program supposed to do anything besides flash a blank screen for a bit then reset? I thought it was gonna be a touch here and there to calibrate thing.

21st April 2012, 12:56 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeidian

Wasn't aware that existed. I can't say I notice any difference. The refresh button in dolphin is like roulette. Was the program supposed to do anything besides flash a blank screen for a bit then reset? I thought it was gonna be a touch here and there to calibrate thing.

What you saw was it. No "touch here" buttons. It helps but sensitivity at the edges will still likely be not quite as good as elsewhere on the screen. Better but not perfect.
21st April 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 83

272 posts
More
The Nook Color's digitizer hardware and/or firmware is simply not as good as what's on other phones and tablets
21st April 2012, 09:22 PM   |  #6  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 1,381

3,259 posts
More
how do you run screen calibration?
21st April 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,678

8,387 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo101t

how do you run screen calibration?

Download the app from the market. 'Nook Screen Recalibtate'.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
22nd April 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 138

479 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeidian

That's it. It's pretty simple. You might also try a higher dpi setting. I found the NOOK app frustrating on CM using defaults -- I couldn't click the settings button -- but with a higher dpi (I like 220), it works fine. Everything's bigger, which I prefer anyhow.

There are a lot of programs to set dpi, but I use "LCD Resolution".
22nd April 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 244

888 posts
Myself and many other NC owners have found that using a screen protector helps with the sensitivity of the screen. I won't say it's perfect but it is a lot better than without one.

Sent from space
19th May 2012, 05:08 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 6

16 posts
The irony is that the single worst example for this problem is the Android Nook app. It almost guarantees to drive you to the Amazon book store. I suspect B&N think they are "punishing" us for rooting, but it's only they who suffer. You listening B&N? Fix the top right buttons on your app under CM7 please. I want to use your store but it is just too painful.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread