T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Bluetooth headphones problem

OP mwiz123

19th April 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 10

351 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got Bluetooth headphones for my birthday and I hooked it up to my Samsung captivate and I noticed a problem... it keep stopping and going the ferther away they got from the phone it was fustrating :banghead:
so I paired then to my dad's phone (iPhone 4) they worked fine I can go to my parents room across. The house and they wouldn't what the captivate. Is there anyway to fixed this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA
19th April 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

351 posts
Donate to Me
More
PS they are $100 jaybird freedom's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA
19th April 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
I think it's simply a limitation of the phone. Mine current headset doesn't reach very far either, and neither did my previous headset. And that's with Android 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and now 4.0.

But it's a small sampling of three headsets between the two of us.
20th April 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 110

410 posts
More
I have noticed that on some roms I can go further than other roms with my bt headset. Are you using a custom rom? If so Try a different one. If not, root and try another rom.
26th April 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

351 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes and I have came ROM CyanogenMod 9 it the best

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
3rd June 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Try using a different headset. Gaming headsets are usually designed pretty well, but you will gain a lot more bulk with those. If you have a friend with a set, borrow them and try them out. If you test other sets and they all work the same you will know with some certainty that it is a limitation of the phone or a software issue.

My cappy does not get good range with a motorola headset and a sony over the ear headset. Typically I do not need 35 ft that is the standard so it has never bothered me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread