[ROM][FC09][BML][MTD] The People's ROM v2.22 with fixed 15 toggle mod 1/4/13

Search This thread

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
OK; I like this version better already because my "GPS Signal" indicator doesn't constantly flash. I'd figured that had something to do with the connection optimizer.

@ Naddict; my eldest son is a senior at UF.

@flastnoles; we love you anyway. And Go Tigers!

And did I see somewhere back a ways that the EL30 themes are compatible? Sorry for duplicity, was away on bereavement last week...

Lol sorry man gotta rep where I'm from... I guess I could be nicer to my new home team though... lol I have a cousin who is also a senior (maybe a junior) at uf also...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Dont know if this has been mentioned, my appologies if it has. there seems to be no task manager and the home screen key doesnt work. I have flashed the rom twice and clean. V2.1????

sent using Asgard technology via Tapatalk 2

Hey ed...what do you mean about task manager? Are you using TW or zeam? The widget won't work on zeam but does on TW if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Lol sorry man gotta rep where I'm from... I guess I could be nicer to my new home team though... lol I have a cousin who is also a senior (maybe a junior) at uf also...

You never have to adjust to new teams. Stick to where you're from...Go Giants!

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

Reactions: flastnoles11

elevans

Mar 15, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
The ICS EL30 Theme does work, in case anyone was wondering. I flashed the ROM, rebooted. Shut down, three finger, flash theme, rebooted. Worked. Shut down, three finger, flashed scrolling toggle bar, rebooted. Worked.

Seems like a lot of steps, but if any errors, I wanted to know exactly what it was. I usually flash everything all in one fell swoop, but for some reason, I decided to go this route this time.

That's a very nice theme, but if I recall, the framework wasn't updated to EL30 properly on it. I believe it disabled some ROM features, but I tried it so long ago I don't remember exactly. The developer was very good, but he got another phone.

Edit: disregard my note. these issues were fixed in the last theme update. I should have checked before posting.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Last edited:

sandman512

Nov 12, 2007
Running the ROM all day and no problems. Thanks.
Just one thing, the calender app seems to be missing, anyway I can grab one?
Thanks!

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
That's a very nice theme, but if I recall, the framework wasn't updated to EL30 properly on it. I believe it disabled some ROM features, but I tried it so long ago I don't remember exactly. The developer was very good, but he got another phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

I was using CM9 (or maybe it was CM7) during that transition phase, so I have no idea if it was updated correctly or not. It seems to be working fine for the time being. When you say 'disabled some ROM features' can you be more specific? Maybe I can look for something then that could tell us whether or not it's 'proper'.

I just love the rather simplistic look this theme has. I always change font to Ubuntu, but other than that, I pretty much leave it all untouched.

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
It is awesome to have you back around Flast! All you guys are great...by the time I get to answer a question one of you guys have already got it! Now that's Team Bring It!

We learned from the best! Kennyglass, k0nane, Marcusant, Rodderik, DRockstar, QBKing... all you other device forums, look at us and learn!

And Flast, I'm still jonesing for a port of Matted Blues; Nashdogg and Travis are sick of me bugging them about it! :rolleyes:

elevans

Mar 15, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Great work Kenny!

My phone seems to like this even better than v02. I never used a stopwatch or anything, but it seems to boot faster.

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
We learned from the best! Kennyglass, k0nane, Marcusant, Rodderik, DRockstar, QBKing... all you other device forums, look at us and learn!

And Flast, I'm still jonesing for a port of Matted Blues; Nashdogg and Travis are sick of me bugging them about it! :rolleyes:

Funny...I was bugging Trav about a full port of his pink theme for wifes phone! ;)

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
I took a look in the folder and didn't see it. Also, how can I install that individual one? THANKS!!

The file name is TWcalculator or real close to that. Go into the bloat folder (use root explorer) in system/apps, find the file and extract it, go to the extracted file and then move it into your system/apps folder...if you use root explorer don't forget to make the folder r/w in order to put it there.

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro

I will see what I can do... been super busy gettin this house in order and livable... maybe sometime in the near future though

sandman512

Nov 12, 2007
The file name is TWcalculator or real close to that. Go into the bloat folder (use root explorer) in system/apps, find the file and extract it, go to the extracted file and then move it into your system/apps folder...if you use root explorer don't forget to make the folder r/w in order to put it there.

I appreciate the help, can't find it:(

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
For Sandman

here you go Sandman! put this (actually, put both) in the system app folder like i stated earlier. Calendar and Calculator in case you need it too!

Attachments

• TouchWizCalendar.apk
    765.1 KB · Views: 15
  • TouchWizCalculator.apk
    508 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: sandman512

elevans

Mar 15, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
I was using CM9 (or maybe it was CM7) during that transition phase, so I have no idea if it was updated correctly or not. It seems to be working fine for the time being. When you say 'disabled some ROM features' can you be more specific? Maybe I can look for something then that could tell us whether or not it's 'proper'.

I just love the rather simplistic look this theme has. I always change font to Ubuntu, but other than that, I pretty much leave it all untouched.

Disregard my post, it looks like they fixed it in the last update. I was using that theme exclusively until I found Kenny's theme.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kenny-PeoplesROM.png

The People's ROM v2.21!
    BIG THANKS to EARTHBOUND[IAP] for makling this Samurai powered FC09 kernel for The People from the released source. Voodoo is included. Make sure to hit thanks on one of his posts. Github Source
    READ THIS: Missing Stock Files?
    Don't forget to flash the bloat files for all the stock apps. They are at the bottom of this and V2.1 posts. Thanks.

Links:
    The People's ROM v2.22 MTD version

MIRROR MTD

The People's ROM v2.22 BML version

MIRROR BML

To restore Apple zapping Bootani flash this

What is improved in 2.21? Big thanks to Ca1ne for getting the rest of the toggles working in the 15 (that's right 15!) quickpanel toggle mod AND for adding swipe away notifications to TPR!
    Thanks to RandomKing for the transparent messaging app and for fixing the battery percent in settings>About phone>battery use.
    Spiderman Boot ani (for Spidermod).

If you are one of the 1%'ers that get freezes try adding the V6 supercharger as instructed by The People's optimizer Elevans here. And updated link to V6 Supercharger (thanks frostedunit)

For newcomers, the MTD version will convert you from BML to MTD with big thanks to Toadlife for that script.

ROMs do not change baseband (modem). If you want to change your modem check the roll up sticky thread in Development.

Features:
    FC09 Deodexed
    Sprint Connections Optimizer
    Bloat removed and included as an extra flashable
    Samurai custom FC09 kernel for TPR
    - Voodoo sound
    - Voodoo color
    - Overclocking (enable higher frequencies in Voltage Control)
    - Undervolting (Stock voltages default)
    Logsprovider fix...no texts in log
    GPS Fix - Thanks Heinkhieu
    Hotspot Hack - Thanks Necrosan
    Modified Power Menu - Thanks to untermensch
    Scrollable status bar toggles - Thanks Sensei Simple
    Fly In Windows - Recommend Spare Parts set animations to fast
    CRT Off animation
    Screen stays off when unplugged
    Volume rocker mod (sound on to vibrate to silent) thanks mkasick
    No battery full popup
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Some different sounds - thanks Naddict
    Blue Gingerbread Keyboard - disable other keyboards to use -
    thanks GregTard (and Orlzzt for finding it)
    Transparent Blue/Black Messaging App - Thanks Randomking and Impaler747
    TW Launcher
    Zeam (light, free, scrollable wallpaper and dock and did I mention free)

If coming from something other than an FC09 ROM I highly recommend you wipe data, cache and dalvik and not restore data, also you should be on CWM 5.0.2.7 or higher.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BACK UP BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING!

I am not responsible if your phone melts, you lose data, your mate breaks up with you, your favorite show gets cancelled, you get constipated, incontinence or impotence, or for the zombie apocalypse (we all know it's coming).

If you prefer v2.1 which was FC19 go here.

Download FC09 Sprint and Samsung apps here.

For those having trouble with Gtalk for video flash this (Thanks Shinydude100!)

Discussion of v2.2 and above starts here.

And discussion of v2.21 starts here.

How To video by my good friend Qbking77 here.

And review of TPR by Qbking77 here.

Remember to hit "Thanks" for this and if you want to help by increasing my dropbox size by clicking here.

This ROM is for The People where everything just works!

Changelog 2.22
    updated system apps
    Debloated a little more
    TEAM BRING IT:
    Special thanks to The People's Testers:
    Naddict
    Orlzzt
    Cashvillebos
    Flastnoles11
    Edfunkycold
    Elevans
    TexasEpic4G
    Wolfen1086

Badbeats also for volunteering to test

The People's Banner Maker:
    TexasEpic4G

The People's Optimizer:
    Elevans

The People's Videographer:
    Qbking77

To all the DEVs out there that make these great mods we can bake in.
    To my inspiration to help all I can - Impaler747
    To Marcusant for trying to get that cool new GUI install script working
    (I know you will get it working)
    The People's ROM V2.1 FC19!

TEAM BRING IT​

Proudly presents​

THE PEOPLE'S ROM V2.1 FC19!!!

Don't forget to flash the FC19 bloat files for all stock apps!

Thanks to Darkierawr for the push-pull!
    He pulled the FC19 system and pushed me to release it..LOL. I will post the odexed stock versions he sent me in another thread this weekend.

It is highly recommended to flash this from V2.0 because something wierd happens on 20% of the flashes, the home key doesn't work without this fix.

The first thing noticeable is the Sprint Connectons Optimizer is removed by Samsung.
    I themed this with the lessbluebox version, changed the bootani, changed the wallpaper, put in all the mods we all love, added the silent camera without the low battery shutoff and Gtalk with video.
    All the stock apps (bloat) have been pulled and put into a flashable.
    This has everything else that 2.0 has with the same thanks to all those Devs.

You MUST wipe cache and Dalvik or bad things happen (drove me crazy).
    The BML issues are fixed, Boot to recovery works and bootanimation can be seen.

Here is the FC19 modem bin to be flashed in Odin: http://d-h.st/eU1

Odin 1.85: http://d-h.st/i1Q

The People's ROM V2.1:
    BML Version: http://d-h.st/V0c
    Mirror: http://BillionUploads.com/ner0w4igxe3z
    MD5 Sum: 540a11eb177930a31071aa82587b2690

MTD Version: http://d-h.st/bAq
    Mirror: http://BillionUploads.com/vfg0i2zj4etq
    MD5 Sum: 188df122267eab16312328aeaf6de0fe

BLOAT (Samsung/Sprint FC19 Apps): http://d-h.st/nqR
    MD5 Sum: d1730b467199c3d08cc3908bd8b510c3

ENJOY!

Other mirrors to follow.

MTD version will of course convert you
    For anyone with battery issues please change i/o scheduler to anything besides cfq. Cfq does sleep but not as well as the other governors do on some phones. You also might want to wipe your battery stats with cwm (I know it has been stated this is a bad thing to do, but it has cured battery issues for me) and also pinpoint what is eating your battery up... I have been running the bml version on my epic for 6 hours and it has only dropped 9% with minimal use.