Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! GAPPS (market) not working after flash

Tip us?

elevation7x
Old
(Last edited by elevation7x; 19th April 2012 at 08:33 PM.) Reason: new information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HELP! GAPPS (market) not working after flash

Hi,
I am new to the forum and new to rooting/flashing mods as well. I have the AT&T version of the Galaxy S2. I just recently rooted and flashed the most recent CM9 nightly on my phone and everything worked great except a, what i hope to be, minor issue. When I first rebooted my phone after the flash, everything looked great but It was apparent my GAPPS zip had not installed correctly as I couldn't see my e-mail or the Play Store (obviously I'm needing to recover things). I re-flashed GAPPS, rebooted, and I saw the Play Store and my e-mail. My problem is when I opened the Play Store, it got stuck on the sign-in. It eventually signed in, I guess (my account has a check by it if I select "manage accounts"). SO, i'm signed in but nothing is loading. I cannot do any searches or retrieve apps. Baiscally, I can't use the Play Store. My phone works fine, otherwise, and it seems the rom flashed cleanly. I followed every instruction very carefully. Please help! I need to retrieve my backup from Titanium and use the market. Don't even have my wi-fi at this point! Thank you in advance if someone can respond quickly.

UPDATE: I think i have 4.0.3 gapps instead of 4.0.4 which is obviously my CM version..this is the entire problem? I just re-flashed *without* wiping data and I'm still getting the same problem. I have the check mark but it's not loading. Cannot turn on wifi. Now Market is not updating to Play Store. What is my problem? Sorry for so much detail.

-Kevin / elevation

cabloomi
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 382
IF YOU only want the google play (market) you can use this
Attached Files
File Type: apk GOOGLE PLAY.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.61 MB, 84 views)

MotoMudder77
Old
Thanks Meter 378
full wipe and reflash with latest gapps.
latest gapps are always at goo-inside.me/gapps
HTC ADP1- Traded
HTC Mytouch- Gone
HTC MyTouch 1.2- Traded
HTC HD2 - Traded
HTC Mytouch 3g slide(white)- Sold
HTC Mytouch 3g slide(black)- Sold
Samsung Galaxy Tab- Sold
HTC G2- unlocked, S-off- Sold
HTC N1(850Mhz)- Sold
Motorola Atrix 4g - Sold
Samsung Infuse 4g - Sold
Samsung GSII i777- Traded
HTC Sensation z710a- Scammed/Lost by USPS
Motorola Atrix 2 MB865- Gave up on Moto.
HTC One S Z520e - shelved

LG Nexus 4 rev11 - Current

KCH2005
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Could also try clearing the app data in manage apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to KCH2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Corekneelius
Old
(Last edited by Corekneelius; 25th May 2012 at 05:22 PM.) Reason: failed to realize i wasnt in the TB section...
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH2005 View Post
Could also try clearing the app data in manage apps.
This worked like a charm for me! Thanks for posting this, I was really frustrated.

I am running liquid.mecha.20111118.145810 (HTC Thunderbolt)...i hope this can help someone else!