[Rom]HellFire kindle Sandwich v1.3 4.04 (lock screen and themes)5132012

Search This thread

phatboypat

Mar 3, 2011
Nor Cal
It wont sleep when it's plugged in and set CPU doesn't show sleep state times that's why on your pic it doesn't have it's own color in the leger get CPU spy.. mine only show 300-1200 but CPU spy shows that It has hit deep sleep..try it out

Sent from my LG G2x using Tapatalk 2

It was not plugged in.

When not in use it should drop down to 300 (that has been my experience in every other ROM). It isn't doing that for some reason. I don't have the Kindle on me, I'll have to check what difference the WiFi settings changes had latter.

Last edited:

DJLamontagneIII

Senior Moderator
Sep 30, 2008
Mom's Basement
From your pic you are scaleing to 300.. you were saying your not getting it into deep sleep when not in use which set CPU won't show in time of state...use CPU spy and you will see when and how long it goes into sleep... been runing this version and the tester for a week and its scaleing and going to sleep just fine and that's with wifi always on... keep in mind I don't use the 300 speed
d03624fd-b55f-e225.jpg

Last edited:

phatboypat

Mar 3, 2011
Nor Cal
From your pic you are scaleing to 300.. you were saying your not getting it into deep sleep when not in use which set CPU won't show in time of state...use CPU spy and you will see when and how long it goes into sleep... been runing this version and the tester for a week and its scaleing and going to sleep just fine and that's with wifi always on

It very well could be some setting of mine. I'll know for sure this afternoon.

If I set the program to lock the cpu at the lowest frequency when the screen is off SetCPU should show that most of the time in state was spent at that lowest level. This was true with V1 and with every other ROM I've run. I will look at BetterBatteryStats to see if there are any background process' running.

Thanks for your help/input.

DJLamontagneIII

Senior Moderator
Sep 30, 2008
Mom's Basement
It will only stay on that screen off setting until it goes to sleep Mabe before.you had processes runing that weren't leting it go into sleep that why it would just stay at the screen off setting for long periods of time

PantherCBG

Aug 5, 2008
Not quite a daily ROM yet but so far this is the best ICS ROM I have tried so far. I did have a number of apps tell me they were not compatible with my device.

anrchy666

Aug 13, 2011
Oregon
Don't know if asked at work on kf so can't search but does YouTube work for anyone else?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

SalsaForte

Dec 11, 2010
Montreal
comobi.ca
Via Play. BeWeather, WebMD to name a couple.

D/L the apps on another device, the copy the .apk to the Findle Fire. I've done this with a couple of apps so far. A strange thing happen with Google+. It installs from the Play Store, but with an older version... I needed to manually get the .apk from my Nexus S.

BTW, often when an apps is not compatible with one device in the Play Store, it is not true. I installed a lof of stuff on my Transformer Prime by copying APK from my Nexus S to the Prime. Same thing for the Kindle Fire.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Not quite a daily ROM yet but so far this is the best ICS ROM I have tried so far. I did have a number of apps tell me they were not compatible with my device.

I find it stable enough to use it daily. I live outside the USA, so the Kindle Fire is pretty useless outside the borders unless you mess with it. My main tablet is a Transformer Prime and I really love ICS. So for now, I can live without the hardware accelaration and no HD-video playback. I'm confident the devx at XDA will make all tweaks/fix to make it work.

I actually installed and runned Quadrant on HF1.0 it freezes the tablet in the "planet scene", but the performances are awesome! CPU tests are quick et the FPS is very good in the first 3D scene.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

I just updated from version 1.0 to v1.1...

1. Boot in recovery.
2. Flash v1.1.
3. Wipe caches.
4. Reboot...

Everything went fine, but I lost all the user data/config!??!?!?! Like if I made a factory reset? Is there something wrong in the .zip (wipe user data...) or it's normal?

SalsaForte

Dec 11, 2010
Montreal
comobi.ca
I don't know if it's the right place to post a request like this, but it would be nice to have the volume control in the notification area at the same place where we can set the brightness and other quick system toggles.

x0xhellx0x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 6, 2011
Shirley, NY
Really cause I don't get that make sure u ain't have an app that is screwing with you

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ringbanner.gif

Thank you:

Jblah - boot-animation he is amazing

JackpotClavin - for your source and tips

iHashcode - for your wonderful kernel

Cyanogenmod - for your wonderful source from witch i dev'ed

NRGZ28 - cause i borrowed some little titbits from your rom

Betatesters - creamypuffness, dw9906, jsantiago.antonio, DJLamontagneIII, Da-Pharoh ,thibor69

(if i forgot someone im sorry)​

Now That the Thank yous are out of the way lets get down to the goodies​

o0yys.png
    LYra5.png
    3wclV.png
    nrlSK.png

No need to flash Gapps already pre installed

Change Log​

Code:
    [CENTER][B]Ia6c05951	Render effects - port from CM7 Steve Kondik CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base

I05c1f515	Render effects - port from CM7 Steve Kondik	CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings

I67a5f904	CM Preferences Category nebkat	CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Trebuchet

Themes 

new lock screen 

loads of updates a must try [/B][/CENTER]

HellFire Kindle Sandwich V1.2

Change Log​

Code:
    [CENTER][B]kernel 3.0 from Hashcode

dynamic custom lock screen 

very clean and fast 

overclocked 

god i love bacon

removed supernote found it was cutting off some of the screen so used a new app

removed go launcher hd was causing a bug for me 

some other goodies 

gapps updated to 4/29/12

[/B][/CENTER]

Change Log​

Code:
    [B][CENTER]*updated with latest of cm9

*did alot of cleaning up and speeding up 

*updated all the the apps that come preinstalled in this rom

*new cleaning zip 

*lag should be alot less this time around [/CENTER][/B]

Change Log​

Code:
    [B][CENTER]*removed unnecessary keyboard 

*Hellpaper

*Boot animation (by jblah)

*updated Trebuchet

*removed useless live wallpaper

*profile quiet hours

*File manager 

*ics live wall paper

*Ganoptimizer 

*all apks are optimised and zipalined 

*zipalign on every boot 

*Ram optimized

*Profiles 

*cm music app themes(more themes to come )

*SuperSu (chainfire)

*Tweakhelp from (brainmaster)

*Titanium backup  (o yes we did)

*single Flash (unlick the others we fixed this bug)

*made fixes for a cleaner Flash

*new lock screen (OMG we did it again )[/CENTER][/B]

installation instructions​

flash the cleaner (download it hear)

install rom

fix permissions enjoy

Note ran out of boot animation he he so it will seem like it is stuck but it is not
    Thanks for all the help i will try it this afternoon when i get home :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Hello - sorry I am late to the "help you fix your Fire" party. First I would try what "Soupmagnet" told you to do and get back to us. FireKit is awesome.

What can it do

Fix power on problems: If the Fire's screen never seems to turn on, you may have wrecked the bootloaders or the partitioning. Fortunately most of the time this results in the CPU falling into the low level USB boot mode. Use the "usb_fix_parts_and_install_fff_twrp" to rebuild the flash enough to boot TWRP. You don't need to use the USB shorting trick for this one, just power up the Kindle after running the script.

Let us know exactly what it does when it tries to start again ( any light in the black screen at all ? or the power button ) ( do you have twrp or cwm )

I do not think you Fire is a full brick ( unless something fried internally) but I have never heard of that. Sounds like a phuqed partition issue maybe (boot) .... Kindle's are almost un brickable ( 98% ).

If you still have issues, let us know. I do have a Factory USB cable that takes you straight into fastboot mode that might help ... it has un bricked many fire's in the past, but I have never heard of anything like what you are experiencing.... I see your in the USA I would lend you the cable if needed, (or) you can buy one for $15 from a guy here on xda ( ill tell you his name if you want )

Either way, hang in there. DONT throw your fire away. Keep us updated. We will help as much as possible.

Cheers
    THiBOR
    Happy Easter

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
    reserved for later