No registration required

[Q] Purchased rooted nook from ebay, unrooted nook, now can't register with b&n

OP eamarsha

20th April 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi

I purchased a rooted nook from ebay. I was rooted with cm9 and cm7 and was unstable. I tried to access the stock software, but was unable to so I unrooted the nook (for the childrens read along access). However, when i unrooted (8 reboot method) i am not able to register. Barnes and noble wont deregister without the original shipping address, email addres, and last four digits of the credit card. I told the ebay member i purchased from and he said he called and had it deregisted, but 12 hours later, its still not working. when i called barnes and noble, they said the ebay members real name was not tied to the device at all. HELP! is there a way around this.
20th April 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,995

1,143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamarsha

Hi

I purchased a rooted nook from ebay. I was rooted with cm9 and cm7 and was unstable. I tried to access the stock software, but was unable to so I unrooted the nook (for the childrens read along access). However, when i unrooted (8 reboot method) i am not able to register. Barnes and noble wont deregister without the original shipping address, email addres, and last four digits of the credit card. I told the ebay member i purchased from and he said he called and had it deregisted, but 12 hours later, its still not working. when i called barnes and noble, they said the ebay members real name was not tied to the device at all. HELP! is there a way around this.

You might try going to the Barnes and Noble website and creating a new account there. Use that account when you log in from the Nook.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread