Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM9 on HTC legend?

Tip us?

mph_aut
Old
Thanks Meter 12
i didn't intend my former post to be provocative/degrading in any form. to the contrary, i am very grateful for what ali ba has done & achieved for us legend users!

i just wanted to ask if the recent progress by zeubea, in bringing ics pretty smoothly running with hw acceleration onto the legend & getting all the other hardware components pretty much sorted, could enable official cm9 support for the legend...

Stevemotto
Old
(Last edited by Stevemotto; 19th April 2012 at 02:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian_berme View Post
ali ba, why you don't say something about zeubea's CM9? Seems like you still think that CM9 it's impossible in our Legends.

It's funny that HTC Said that was impossible to have a working Gingerbread ROM in our Legends, and you just make the best Gingerbread ROM, and now you say that it impossible to have a working ICS ROM on our Legends, and Zeubea makes a working ROM
Ali ba rarely hangs around xda anymore so you won't be hearing much from him

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
HTC Legend : CM 7.1 Overclocked 806 MHZ

Stevemotto
Old
(Last edited by Stevemotto; 19th April 2012 at 02:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph_aut View Post
i didn't intend my former post to be provocative/degrading in any form. to the contrary, i am very grateful for what ali ba has done & achieved for us legend users!

i just wanted to ask if the recent progress by zeubea, in bringing ics pretty smoothly running with hw acceleration onto the legend & getting all the other hardware components pretty much sorted, could enable official cm9 support for the legend...
Tbh I doubt the cyanogen mod team would bother making an official cm9 rom for the legend since they have made it very clear that they wont support devices with low ram. But you never know, a miracle might happen

Stevemotto
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Double post ~

ranger4740
Old
(Last edited by ranger4740; 19th April 2012 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 445
I would just like to point out Ali ba didn't actually say ics can't run on legend, if he did I must have missed that post. He said that he already made an ics port for his legend and it didn't run very good, no drivers for GPS,wifi etc and that he'd have to use froyo and/or gingerbread drivers which he didn't want to do, or release a rom that was cobbled together from hacks, or words to that effect.
I also recall that he made mention that ics he made would have been no better than an ics themed froyo or gingerbread O/S.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0
Update: 8th April 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 👉😆😄Echoe rom v20😄😆👈
Still on old BMG4 Boobloader + FNBH Baseband.👍

semi-retired
HTC Desire HD
(Hboot 2.00.0029 AND S-OFF)
SVHD V 2.1.0

Retired HTC Legend

Stevemotto
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4740 View Post
I would just like to point out Ali ba didn't actually say ics can't run on legend, if he did I must have missed that post. He said that he already made an ics port for his legend and it didn't run very good, no drivers for GPS,wifi etc and that he'd have to use froyo and/or gingerbread drivers which he didn't want to do, or release a rom that was cobbled together from hacks, or words to that effect.
I also recall that he made mention that ics he made would have been no better than an ics themed froyo or gingerbread O/S.

+1

homi3kh
Old
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

agreed, he just mean that he doesn't want to release anything that is half baked or fully stable, he doesn't want to hurt his reputation to release something like that. and i'm glad Zeabea shows up and take his time and afford in making ICS for our legend, and I got to say Zeabea ROM is good enough, and I can use it for daily uses what more can u ask for? if we still believe and work hard for it, anything is possible. That's why human is the dominance species for a reason. We man a lots of miracles, discovery many unbelievable things. ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to homi3kh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cristian_berme
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:

I know what he said, and he said that, unless there's a miracle, we won't have an stable ICS ROM on our Legends.
What I tried to say is that he said we wont see an STABLE ICS ROM, I know it's possible to run all android versions on our Legend (Including Honeycomb), but the problem it's to make an stable rom.
And don't get me wrong, I like all the good work ali ba made with CM7 just because we won't pay him to do that. And if he thinks that it's impossible to have a good ICS ROM on our Legends, I respect his opinion.

cajhin
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Default official CM != stable ICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian_berme View Post
I know what he said, and he said that, unless there's a miracle, we won't have an stable ICS ROM on our Legends.
No, he didn't. He guessed there won't be *an official CM9*, which is something different.

I'm not an expert on CM decision making, but here's my take: to be included, CM9 on the Legend would need to be stable AND high quality.
(in the bad old days, I tried several WinMo4/5/6 ROMs which were a) stable and b) awful, full of flaws and sloppy design details that would probably get an Apple dev fired).

Ali Ba's CM7.1 changed my opinion on hobby ROMs; it's so polished, I think HTC should OTA it as the official ROM for all Legend users. Thanks again.

I haven't tried zeuba's ROM yet (still too experimental for me), but I hope this will lead to a high-quality ICS ROM, too. No idea if/how/when it will be made official by CM.
(note to self: gotta send that dude a donation, he's really spending a lot of time, and making serious progress; good for all of us).

Does anyone know if something (drivers, ram,...) fundamentally compromises ICS on Legend (like "max 10 apps installable"), or could it become really slick (like ICS on One V) if a reasonable amount of work is put into it?

zabaknilesh
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajhin View Post
No, he didn't. He guessed there won't be *an official CM9*, which is something different.

I'm not an expert on CM decision making, but here's my take: to be included, CM9 on the Legend would need to be stable AND high quality.
(in the bad old days, I tried several WinMo4/5/6 ROMs which were a) stable and b) awful, full of flaws and sloppy design details that would probably get an Apple dev fired).

Ali Ba's CM7.1 changed my opinion on hobby ROMs; it's so polished, I think HTC should OTA it as the official ROM for all Legend users. Thanks again.

I haven't tried zeuba's ROM yet (still too experimental for me), but I hope this will lead to a high-quality ICS ROM, too. No idea if/how/when it will be made official by CM.
(note to self: gotta send that dude a donation, he's really spending a lot of time, and making serious progress; good for all of us).

Does anyone know if something (drivers, ram,...) fundamentally compromises ICS on Legend (like "max 10 apps installable"), or could it become really slick (like ICS on One V) if a reasonable amount of work is put into it?
now Zeubea's rom is no more experimental. Its stable usable beta 1.

--- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1562595