Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CM9 on HTC legend?

OP cofface

19th April 2012, 03:34 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 12

54 posts
i didn't intend my former post to be provocative/degrading in any form. to the contrary, i am very grateful for what ali ba has done & achieved for us legend users!

i just wanted to ask if the recent progress by zeubea, in bringing ics pretty smoothly running with hw acceleration onto the legend & getting all the other hardware components pretty much sorted, could enable official cm9 support for the legend...
19th April 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #12  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 53

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian_berme

ali ba, why you don't say something about zeubea's CM9? Seems like you still think that CM9 it's impossible in our Legends.

It's funny that HTC Said that was impossible to have a working Gingerbread ROM in our Legends, and you just make the best Gingerbread ROM, and now you say that it impossible to have a working ICS ROM on our Legends, and Zeubea makes a working ROM

Ali ba rarely hangs around xda anymore so you won't be hearing much from him

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
Last edited by Stevemotto; 19th April 2012 at 03:58 PM.
19th April 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #13  
Flag Sydney

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph_aut

i didn't intend my former post to be provocative/degrading in any form. to the contrary, i am very grateful for what ali ba has done & achieved for us legend users!

i just wanted to ask if the recent progress by zeubea, in bringing ics pretty smoothly running with hw acceleration onto the legend & getting all the other hardware components pretty much sorted, could enable official cm9 support for the legend...

Tbh I doubt the cyanogen mod team would bother making an official cm9 rom for the legend since they have made it very clear that they wont support devices with low ram. But you never know, a miracle might happen

Last edited by Stevemotto; 19th April 2012 at 03:59 PM.
19th April 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #14  
Flag Sydney

379 posts
More
Double post ~

19th April 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #15  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 447

1,458 posts
More
I would just like to point out Ali ba didn't actually say ics can't run on legend, if he did I must have missed that post. He said that he already made an ics port for his legend and it didn't run very good, no drivers for GPS,wifi etc and that he'd have to use froyo and/or gingerbread drivers which he didn't want to do, or release a rom that was cobbled together from hacks, or words to that effect.
I also recall that he made mention that ics he made would have been no better than an ics themed froyo or gingerbread O/S.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0
Last edited by ranger4740; 19th April 2012 at 08:54 PM.
19th April 2012, 10:39 PM   |  #16  
Flag Sydney

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4740

I would just like to point out Ali ba didn't actually say ics can't run on legend, if he did I must have missed that post. He said that he already made an ics port for his legend and it didn't run very good, no drivers for GPS,wifi etc and that he'd have to use froyo and/or gingerbread drivers which he didn't want to do, or release a rom that was cobbled together from hacks, or words to that effect.
I also recall that he made mention that ics he made would have been no better than an ics themed froyo or gingerbread O/S.

+1

20th April 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #17  
Flag Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 259

249 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

agreed, he just mean that he doesn't want to release anything that is half baked or fully stable, he doesn't want to hurt his reputation to release something like that. and i'm glad Zeabea shows up and take his time and afford in making ICS for our legend, and I got to say Zeabea ROM is good enough, and I can use it for daily uses what more can u ask for? if we still believe and work hard for it, anything is possible. That's why human is the dominance species for a reason. We man a lots of miracles, discovery many unbelievable things. ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to homi3kh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #18  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 16

106 posts
More
Quote:

I know what he said, and he said that, unless there's a miracle, we won't have an stable ICS ROM on our Legends.
What I tried to say is that he said we wont see an STABLE ICS ROM, I know it's possible to run all android versions on our Legend (Including Honeycomb), but the problem it's to make an stable rom.
And don't get me wrong, I like all the good work ali ba made with CM7 just because we won't pay him to do that. And if he thinks that it's impossible to have a good ICS ROM on our Legends, I respect his opinion.
20th April 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 159

200 posts
official CM != stable ICS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian_berme

I know what he said, and he said that, unless there's a miracle, we won't have an stable ICS ROM on our Legends.

No, he didn't. He guessed there won't be *an official CM9*, which is something different.

I'm not an expert on CM decision making, but here's my take: to be included, CM9 on the Legend would need to be stable AND high quality.
(in the bad old days, I tried several WinMo4/5/6 ROMs which were a) stable and b) awful, full of flaws and sloppy design details that would probably get an Apple dev fired).

Ali Ba's CM7.1 changed my opinion on hobby ROMs; it's so polished, I think HTC should OTA it as the official ROM for all Legend users. Thanks again.

I haven't tried zeuba's ROM yet (still too experimental for me), but I hope this will lead to a high-quality ICS ROM, too. No idea if/how/when it will be made official by CM.
(note to self: gotta send that dude a donation, he's really spending a lot of time, and making serious progress; good for all of us).

Does anyone know if something (drivers, ram,...) fundamentally compromises ICS on Legend (like "max 10 apps installable"), or could it become really slick (like ICS on One V) if a reasonable amount of work is put into it?
23rd April 2012, 08:59 AM   |  #20  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 32

267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajhin

No, he didn't. He guessed there won't be *an official CM9*, which is something different.

I'm not an expert on CM decision making, but here's my take: to be included, CM9 on the Legend would need to be stable AND high quality.
(in the bad old days, I tried several WinMo4/5/6 ROMs which were a) stable and b) awful, full of flaws and sloppy design details that would probably get an Apple dev fired).

Ali Ba's CM7.1 changed my opinion on hobby ROMs; it's so polished, I think HTC should OTA it as the official ROM for all Legend users. Thanks again.

I haven't tried zeuba's ROM yet (still too experimental for me), but I hope this will lead to a high-quality ICS ROM, too. No idea if/how/when it will be made official by CM.
(note to self: gotta send that dude a donation, he's really spending a lot of time, and making serious progress; good for all of us).

Does anyone know if something (drivers, ram,...) fundamentally compromises ICS on Legend (like "max 10 apps installable"), or could it become really slick (like ICS on One V) if a reasonable amount of work is put into it?

now Zeubea's rom is no more experimental. Its stable usable beta 1.

--- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1562595

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread