Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2 Upgrade

Tip us?

sino8r
Old
(Last edited by sino8r; 20th April 2012 at 07:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee one View Post
I think the biggest draw for me will be stock ICS- when there is a new T-mo phone that has stock ICS, I'll be there. I can flex on the small things like sd card and physical keyboard, but Sense is a no-go.
My main two worries are lack of sd card and qwerty. If the screen is large and good quality... I can see that making things easier but what really scares me is storage. These phones without external storage... Do they have a untouched partition when wiping?That would be a pain to sync sh!t with dropbox or my laptop especially large amounts of data like 32GB or so. This all seems like a step backwards to me. I couldn't handle the One S (16GB internal storage is way too small) and will wait to see the SGSIII. My full upgrade isn't until late summer anyways and I hope we'll see a HTC One type variant with a keyboard. I am anxious like the rest of you with all this talk of new S4s and quadcore tegra 3s lol! I don't think I've gone without a new phone every year in a decade! The G2 is definitely the best phone I've ever had...

And Sense UI isn't bad if you have the proper resources to run it (lots of RAM). The latest is really something else (from what I've seen in ports and heard all around).
evolution
HTC Wizard G3
HTC Excalibur
HTC Dream
HTC Sapphire
HTC Rhodium
HTC Espresso
HTC Glacier
HTC Vision
HTC Doubleshot
Samsung Note 2

My recent works:
2G/3G/4G/H+ icons for CM7.1 and Nightly

How to defeat data throttling

2.1 with JIT enabled on MTS

boot animation (Nexus "X"/HTC "quietly brilliant") for MTS

Joe333x
Old
Thanks Meter 65
For the guys thinking of switching to a phone without a keyboard dont make the mistake i did. I have a G2x and its a great phone super fast, oc to 1.5 and a good size screen. But every day i wish i had a physical keyboard. I am keeping this phone until Tmo releases a non mytouch branded full keyboard phone. I want a phone like the droid 4 but with option change the battery.
Phone: T-Mobile Galaxy Note II (rooted)
SD Card: SanDisc 32gb Class 10

Head Unit: Parrot Asteroid Smart (rooted)

Phone: G2x
Recovery: ClockworkMod v5.0.2.0
ROM: CyanogenMod 7.2.0
Kernel: T15-G2x-06022012
Baseband: July 2011

Phone: MyTouch 3g Slide

Phone: Black TMO G1
SD Card: A-Data 8gb Class6 with 512mb EXT4 and 96mb Linux Swap
Recovery: RA-dream-1.7.0
ROM: HTCClay's SuperBadCM5
SPL: Danger
Radio: 2.22.23.02

Phone: SideKick 3 + DevKey
Phone: SideKick 2 + DevKey

captainreynolds
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Do you guys think we'll ever see a worthy successor to the G2 from anyone? IF so, who will make it? Not HTC, that's for sure...

crestofawave
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainreynolds View Post
Do you guys think we'll ever see a worthy successor to the G2 from anyone? IF so, who will make it? Not HTC, that's for sure...
No, absolutely not. You may get a good replacement that covers everything, except for the dev scene. No phone will ever see the same development scene as the Desire Z.

We're going to see very little Hardware keyboard devices and their specs/build quality will be more of a downgrade when compared to this phone.

Starting to loose faith in HTC. Anyone else feeling the same?
Device: HTC Vision (Desire Z)
Radio: 26.04.13.09

Previous ROM(s):
ILWT 634 by Tsubus
Virtuous G-Lite 2.0.1 by tun4f1sh
Gen.Y VisionX R3 by yozgatg

Current daily driver:
AOSP JB [4.2.2] Build 10 by cn.fyodor

Useful Sites:
Root/Unroot Related files, credits to Nipqer
Rooting Guide, by Strawmetal
G2/DZ XDA Wiki (Also has root instructions)