Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

Tip us?
 
leapinlar
Old
#461  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3543
Posts: 8,090
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenmoment View Post
This was AC plugged, with WiFi always on and connected, and background updates clearly happened (K-9, BeyondPod). Now, the prevailing opinion seems to be that we shouldn't be getting deep sleep in this situation, and I usually don't see it...
With CM7 the device never went into deep sleep while plugged into A/C, but it does seem to sleep with CM9 in that situation.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
jewnersey
Old
#462  
jewnersey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 1,031
Join Date: Jul 2010
why is it nearly impossible to download large files (new builds) straight onto the nook. or this just me...
The Following User Says Thank You to jewnersey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bornagainpenguin
Old
#463  
bornagainpenguin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 301
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewnersey View Post
why is it nearly impossible to download large files (new builds) straight onto the nook. or this just me...
I have no idea why this is happening, but no--it's not just you...

--bornagainpenguin
 
KingJL
Old
#464  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 52
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenmoment View Post
I'm running 0418 non-opengl, and I got a browser freeze last night as I was trying to fall asleep. I plugged in, rebooted, and put down the NC before the bootanim got very far, and went to sleep.

When I woke up, seven hours later, CPU Spy reported 5:30 of deep sleep. This was AC plugged, with WiFi always on and connected, and background updates clearly happened (K-9, BeyondPod). Now, the prevailing opinion seems to be that we shouldn't be getting deep sleep in this situation, and I usually don't see it unless I've just booted and put down the device. I reliably get lots of deep sleep when I'm out of WiFi range.

Just a data point, really, but it contradicts opinion I've seen expressed here.
On your browser freeze... Do you have "force gpu rendering" checked? If you do, you will get random/occaisional freeze.
Nook Color, verygreen SD CM9/ICS (eyeballer nightly builds)
Nook Color, emmc CM7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Honeycomb
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus, Honeycomb
Samsung Infuse, Froyo
 
leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 20th April 2012 at 08:12 PM.)
#465  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3543
Posts: 8,090
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewnersey View Post
why is it nearly impossible to download large files (new builds) straight onto the nook. or this just me...
I don't have any trouble downloading eyeballer's non-opengl zips directly to my nook. I do it everyday. But I have a very fast internet connection here at home. Last week I was on the road and used a lot of guest wifi locations that were fairly slow. I had some trouble then. They would stall or time out sometimes.
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
runemail
Old
#466  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Sep 2006
I have wiped and flashed the latest three nightlies and I have not been able to establish a connection to my encrypted Wifi, but can connect to my unencrypted mobile hotspot. Flashed back to Cm7 and connected without any issues so I guess it has to be related to this rom.
Tried to search but did not find a solution.

Hope this helps:

http://pastebin.com/zAE4FZkF
 
stolenmoment
Old
(Last edited by stolenmoment; 20th April 2012 at 09:24 PM.) Reason: Small update
#467  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 360
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJL View Post
On your browser freeze... Do you have "force gpu rendering" checked? If you do, you will get random/occaisional freeze.
Nope, I unchecked that a few weeks ago. The browser freezes happen only every few days. I do have "Show touches" enabled (very handy), but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
 
EAK128
Old
#468  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 145
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by runemail View Post
I have wiped and flashed the latest three nightlies and I have not been able to establish a connection to my encrypted Wifi, but can connect to my unencrypted mobile hotspot. Flashed back to Cm7 and connected without any issues so I guess it has to be related to this rom.
Tried to search but did not find a solution.

Hope this helps:

http://pastebin.com/zAE4FZkF
It might have to do with "WiFiAdhoc = 1" line in your tiwlan.ini file, you should change it to WiFiAdhoc = 0
The Following User Says Thank You to EAK128 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Divine_Madcat
Old
#469  
Divine_Madcat's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2213
Posts: 2,576
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
So, i am hoping that a poor old mod could get some friendly advice. ;)

While i love CM9, i just cannot get over how laggy it is. I feel like i have exhausted my tweaks (OCed @ 1200, perf gov, v6 tweaks, . 59 kernel. Perhaps it is my jaded memories, but CM7 never felt this bad.

For what its worth, i am running on emmc, open gl build from 4/4 (going to try a new build tonight). I see that a majority of people are downloading the gl builds, so i assumed that was the better build...

Advice?


My Phones:
HTC Blue Angel (retired)
HTC x7501 (retired)
HTC Incredible, w/ AOKP (GPS use)
HTC Rezound (backup phone)
Samsung Galaxy S4 w/ GPE 4.4.2

My Tablets
B&N Nook Color, w/ CM10
HP Touchpad w/ CM10
Google Nexus 7 w/ Stock Rom (STOLEN.... )
Google Nexus 7 (2013) w/ Stock Rom & Glitch Kernel

If you have any problems or questions, do not hesitate to ask. I don't bite!
 
racks11479
Old
#470  
racks11479's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 751
Posts: 990
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresh Meadows

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat View Post
So, i am hoping that a poor old mod could get some friendly advice. ;)

While i love CM9, i just cannot get over how laggy it is. I feel like i have exhausted my tweaks (OCed @ 1200, perf gov, v6 tweaks, . 59 kernel. Perhaps it is my jaded memories, but CM7 never felt this bad.

For what its worth, i am running on emmc, open gl build from 4/4 (going to try a new build tonight). I see that a majority of people are downloading the gl builds, so i assumed that was the better build...

Advice?
Devine_Madcat!!!

Apart from flash working & wallpaper scroll... the non-opengl builds are much smoother. Give that a go, and I'm sure you'll be pleased and surprised at how much smoother it is.

-Racks

Tags
cm9, ics, nightly
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes