ICS Force Close Wait Time

Search This thread

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
is this a bug in the leaks or an actual feature/conceptual bug? I hope its not the later, but it annoys the hell out of me. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, sometimes i gotta wait a good minute before I can use my phone again

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
It happend to me couple times but only on when i'm returning missing call from call log. Contacts Force Close and i need to wait some around good 50-60 sec.

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
I don'tt know, but I hope it doesn't remain like this. FC that lasts almost a whole minute is terrible and unacceptable.

Blk02Ls1

Mar 14, 2011
It happens to me multiple times a day but more so in different apps.for example if I try to look at PM's in this app, Facebook freezes and my AWD launcher has froze a couple times but my battery life is so good with ICS that I'm willing to deal with it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
My Groupon app would FC and hang and it would take a good 30 seconds before it would tell me anything.

StolenVW

Mar 20, 2012
Elizaville
Words with friends fcs on me all the time and it's about 50sec frozen phone when it does

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

WIZARDfan

Mar 26, 2006
I am having the same issue. I am glad that at least it does not freeze up. I think the 2nd leak has more force close than the 1st one. I am also experiencing a lag in touch response on the 2nd leak, but am still on it only because the battery life seems to be little better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

droid512

Jan 20, 2011
Austin
Draw something, xda, espn, Facebook and contacts have all frozen on my phone atleast once

mailstop7

Jan 4, 2012
I don't know for sure if all ics phones do this, but I get a force close a dump is made on my phone of all kinds of information in it. Kinda like a windows mini dump when it gets a blue screen. I'm hoping this is just because these are test builds. If I had to bet, I would say that is why the fc process is taking so long though.

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
I don't know for sure if all ics phones do this, but I get a force close a dump is made on my phone of all kinds of information in it. Kinda like a windows mini dump when it gets a blue screen. I'm hoping this is just because these are test builds. If I had to bet, I would say that is why the fc process is taking so long though.

that makes a lot of sense. considering its a development build a memory dump and system log could explain the long wait