Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM9] Iconia ICS Project

Tip us?

.Gibson.
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcooterfrog View Post
doesnt cm9 support initd
It does, but I don't know if the external sdcard needs to be mounted for the script to work or what because I was unable to get it to work using in init.d. Come boot time my internel storage was mounted as internal and external.

If you find a cleaner solution please share with us.

dcooterfrog
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson.Dubs View Post
It does, but I don't know if the external sdcard needs to be mounted for the script to work or what because I was unable to get it to work using in init.d. Come boot time my internel storage was mounted as internal and external.

If you find a cleaner solution please share with us.
stupid question couldn't you put a long sleep in the script so it waits until everything is loaded / mounted

.Gibson.
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcooterfrog View Post
stupid question couldn't you put a long sleep in the script so it waits until everything is loaded / mounted
Certainly not stupid and I tried that. The script will stop the boot process until it is done running. I also tried putting an "&" at the end of the file name in init.d to run it in the background during boot and still the swap never happened with a long sleep.

dcooterfrog
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson.Dubs View Post
Certainly not stupid and I tried that. The script will stop the boot process until it is done running. I also tried putting an "&" at the end of the file name in init.d to run it in the background during boot and still the swap never happened with a long sleep.
hmm ill think more.

ptesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSeiler2010 View Post
So can just flash the ICS leak through CWM without a hitch? Just being extra cautious.

Sent from my A100 using XDA
what everyone is forgetting is the ics leak is a stock image...dont flash it with cwm.

put update.zip on external sd and boot recovery...should pickup from bootloader before recovery and flash it properly.

again tho..i personally dont recommend relocking your bootloader but everyone is free to flash what he pleases lol

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
The depressing thing about tennis is, no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. -Mitch Hedberg

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke View Post
what everyone is forgetting is the ics leak is a stock image...dont flash it with cwm.

put update.zip on external sd and boot recovery...should pickup from bootloader before recovery and flash it properly.

again tho..i personally dont recommend relocking your bootloader but everyone is free to flash what he pleases lol

I upgraded from the 009 to the 012 leak (before the CM9 on my tab now of course ) through CWM by deleting the bootloader.blob and all mentions of recovery from the zip and it went fine. Perhaps the same might work from CM9
The Following User Says Thank You to toyface For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ptesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyface View Post
I upgraded from the 009 to the 012 leak (before the CM9 on my tab now of course ) through CWM by deleting the bootloader.blob and all mentions of recovery from the zip and it went fine. Perhaps the same might work from CM9
yes see..u were smart :D that cant be said for everybody :'(

that said tho once official lands the roms will flow...and being stock will be no more lol

The depressing thing about tennis is, no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. -Mitch Hedberg

mugna91
Old
(Last edited by mugna91; 21st April 2012 at 01:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I think that there is a problem with battery.. see below..
EDIT in 4 minutes I have lose about 4% of battery! 30%->26%, maybe is an app... i will do more tests in next days..

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334975188745.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1016400  

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke View Post
yes see..u were smart :D that cant be said for everybody :'(

that said tho once official lands the roms will flow...and being stock will be no more lol

Tell me about it, once we get a source drop from Acer devs can finally get some kernels on this thing, making this brilliant CM9 ROM even better, PS any updates on a second alpha? :)

Sent from my A100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to toyface For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ptesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyface View Post
Tell me about it, once we get a source drop from Acer devs can finally get some kernels on this thing, making this brilliant CM9 ROM even better, PS any updates on a second alpha? :)

Sent from my A100 using xda premium
nothing yet boss.,..but keep watching