Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED 4/20][ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA]

Tip us?

Travisdroidx2
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Wanted to say congrats to getting an update on CM7. Dragonzkiller is a awesome dev! And I wish him all the best and hopefully everything goes well with him and when he gets some free time again to be able to hook up the DX2 with CM9. You guys deserve it you have been locked down for so long with no support from Motorola or Verizon.

thelowend
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 416
So is the wifi stronger? And when I say stronger I mean not dropping every 20 minutes.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Maximinus I
Old
Thanks Meter 114
It still drops for me like it did in the previous release.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Moon Shadow - NM
Old
Thanks Meter 493

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend View Post
So is the wifi stronger? And when I say stronger I mean not dropping every 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximinus I View Post
It still drops for me like it did in the previous release.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
Did either of you read my post about the process to potentially fix the WIFI issue?

Ciao!

If I helped you, just hit the THANKS button. It's free, and nice to see. If I REALLY helped you, consider donating, or signing up for Dropbox from here and we both receive an extra 250MB of storage!

Also, check out my Motorola Droid X2 tutorials:
HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2
HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2
The Following User Says Thank You to Moon Shadow - NM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thelowend
Old
(Last edited by thelowend; 20th April 2012 at 07:48 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Shadow - NM View Post
Did either of you read my post about the process to potentially fix the WIFI issue?

Ciao!
Nope. When I opened the thread it went to the last post

Ok that is a long process... But worth doing to get something as important wifi functioning well again.

KennyKusanagi
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Shadow - NM View Post
For those who have flashed the CM7DX2-RC1 ROM, please keep in mind that WIPING DATA (factory reset) WIPES OUT THE RECOVERY. There are TWO options. The FIRST is downloading the CM7DX2 BSR Recovery file and installing it after the first boot into CM7DX2-RC1. Once it is installed, you STILL have to launch the APP and hit the Install Recovery button then hit the Recovery Mode button. If you are plugged into wall power, your phone will boot into the BSR recovery. If not, it will just power off.

The second option is to download skwoodwiva's CM&DX2 re-recovery. Once you have flashed CM7DX2-RC1 and Gapps, flash the re-recovery. Then boot as normal. I have used the re-recovery several times and it works very nicely.

For those having WIFI issues, here is my recommendation... I know I'll receive a bunch of flack for it, however, I have had to do this personally. It sucks, however, I have had good results:

1. Download and purchase Titanium Backup (TiBu), if you haven't already.
2. Within TiBu create a group and call it something like User Apps.
3. Add ONLY your user apps (the ones in white, NOT the ones in red or green) to this group. This is what you will restore your apps from.
4. Boot into either the BSR or the stock Android Recovery and perform a Factory Reset. (This step wipes all of your data!!!!)
5. SBF with 2.3.4 (follow my tutorial on SBFing, the link is in my signature).
6. Boot into stock 2.3.4 and ACTIVATE. Don't worry about adding your google account info.
7. Root your phone (see my tutorial on rooting).
8. Install the ORIGINAL BSR (see my tutorial on making a nandroid backup).
9. Boot into the BSR and flash CM7DX2-RC1 and Gapps ONLY!
10. Perform a factory reset through the BSR (wipe data).
11. Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache. Find the option to wipe Dalvik-Cache in the Advacned menu in the BSR.
12. Boot into CM7.
13. If your phone needs to activate again, do so now.
14. Associate your google account with your phone.
15. Locate the CM7 System Recovery icon in the app drawer and hit Install Recovery.
16. Hit the Recovery Mode button and wait for your phone to either boot into the BSR OR power off.
17. Either reboot the phone from the BSR or power it on.
18. This SHOULD fix your WIFI issue. I did this when I FIRST installed CM7DX2-RC1. I have not experienced any WIFI issues since then.

Okay, go ahead and flame me now for recommending this long and painful procedure...

Ciao!
WIFI was the main reason why I left CM7, time to try this out. I do have a question for anyone who can answer it.

Will the 2nd Core script, Speedy or Mash-Up script work with CM7? Would it be safe to run all of these scripts on this ROM or which one isn't needed?
Sign the Petition for all MOTO phones to have Unlocked Bootloaders!

http://www.change.org/petitions/moto...bootloaders-2#

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyKusanagi View Post
WIFI was the main reason why I left CM7, time to try this out. I do have a question for anyone who can answer it.

Will the 2nd Core script, Speedy or Mash-Up script work with CM7? Would it be safe to run all of these scripts on this ROM or which one isn't needed?
I would think those scripts need to be updated first. But I'm not sure.

Ryno77
Old
(Last edited by Ryno77; 20th April 2012 at 09:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 267
I cannot get the cm7bsr to boot into bsr. When I open bsr and hit recovery it takes me to the M but won't go any further. I was on CM7 rc0 and updated to this. I tried reinstalling CM7 bsr and that did not work either. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Fixed.... Brain fart

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

weldawadyathink
Old
Thanks Meter 31
You updated this on my birthday! Thanks Dragonzkiller!

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Moon Shadow - NM
Old
Thanks Meter 493

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyKusanagi View Post

The second core script does work, but is not necessary.

Speedy or Mashup must be retooled for CM7DX2-RC1 as it replaces the build.prop.

Ciao!

If I helped you, just hit the THANKS button. It's free, and nice to see. If I REALLY helped you, consider donating, or signing up for Dropbox from here and we both receive an extra 250MB of storage!

Also, check out my Motorola Droid X2 tutorials:
HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2
HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2