Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28]

Tip us?

Wojei
Old
(Last edited by Wojei; 20th April 2012 at 08:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesDr0id View Post
On CM7, wifi would turn off (sleep) when the device's screen is off. I haven't noticed this happening with CM9 with Hash's latest kernel. Can anyone confirm that this is / is not working?
If you go to advanced wifi options you can choose to turn off wifi when sleeping.

As for my issues, my Wifi connection keeps dropping as I am using the device. I have to go back to the Wifi settings and click scan a few times to get the connection back.

See my logcat: pastebin.com/zB3Jd971
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wojei For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iesvs
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default More power button options?

The CM7 build I used had options to hide the menubar on fullscreen apps, and some tablet tweaks to put back/home on the power button menu. Any chance of that being included, or am I just missing something?

sthomas38
Old
(Last edited by sthomas38; 20th April 2012 at 08:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
CM9 source isn't complete like CM7 for now, all these features will be merged to CM source in the future. Hashcode just syncs his repos with CM ones before building, he doesn't add or remove features. It's that for all tablets.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9000 avec Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sthomas38 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matchstick13
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iesvs View Post
The CM7 build I used had options to hide the menubar on fullscreen apps, and some tablet tweaks to put back/home on the power button menu. Any chance of that being included, or am I just missing something?
You can auto hide. Settings>system>auto hide.

Build 6 is working great so far. One thing I'd like to see is the volume slider back in the tray. Other than that it looks good.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA

Original Mod My Moto Member | HTC Evo 4G - RIP | Samsung Galaxy SIII - RIP | Samsung Galaxy S4 - Active

Aesrys
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Don't know if this is a known bug, but my MAC address has changed (I'm running the #3 ROM with the #6 kernel). I thought I saw something about this in a previous thread I read, but thought I'd point it out anyway.

ledd760
Old
(Last edited by ledd760; 20th April 2012 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
So what does this kernal mean for USB Host/ On the go? Will that come eventually or does it have nothing to do with this kernal?

EDIT Nevermind found it didnt search for OTG, just on the go and usb host

bennettg
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by twa_priv View Post
Hash made quite a few updates to his device repo (e.g. kernel modules) which you won't have if you just flash the kernel.

From the CyanogenMode side there were no major useful changes/commits.
When we flash the new rom do we wipe everything or just cache and davlik cache?
thanks in advance

twa_priv
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4514
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennettg View Post
When we flash the new rom do we wipe everything or just cache and davlik cache?
thanks in advance
I'd think wiping cache + dalvik should be fine. If you get unexpected errors then you always can do a full wipe.

Don't forget to also flash gapps right after flashing the rom.

iesvs
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default No auto-hide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstick13 View Post
You can auto hide. Settings>system>auto hide.

Build 6 is working great so far. One thing I'd like to see is the volume slider back in the tray. Other than that it looks good.
Thanks, but I don't see the auto-hide option anywhere in Settings>System. I'm using Hash's #3 ROM with kernel build 6.

For volume, I'm using RubberBigPepper's Volume Control from the market, but I noticed this time around it won't let me position the slider where I want. I had it at the very bottom right over the menubar, but I can't overlap this one so it's right above the time.

philow
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iesvs View Post
Thanks, but I don't see the auto-hide option anywhere in Settings>System. I'm using Hash's #3 ROM with kernel build 6.

For volume, I'm using RubberBigPepper's Volume Control from the market, but I noticed this time around it won't let me position the slider where I want. I had it at the very bottom right over the menubar, but I can't overlap this one so it's right above the time.
Settings->System->Status bar->Auto hide
Current:
Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900T
Unrooted Stock for now
Installed Google Experience Launcher

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T
CM11
GRIMLOCK kernel

HTC Thunderbolt (Work Phone)

Asus Transformer Prime TF201 (LOST)
CM11 Nightly for TF300T
4.2.1 bootloader from Androwook 2.31