XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cant root infuse

Tip us?

jscott30
Old
Thanks Meter 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadofsix View Post
I am on CM7 now but am having an issue with my Bluetooth not working now. Does anyone have an answer for this problem? All I get in the BT now is static.
Bluetooth audio is known not to work in CM7 on the Infuse. Probably want to stick with an Infuse based rom if you need BT audio.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

dadofsix
Old
(Last edited by dadofsix; 19th April 2012 at 08:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Default BT Issue response to response

My son has his working on CM7 and he says the BT works for his phone headset use at least. Mine is not. Is there a better ROM other than a stock build that I should use? Since I am not a developer and am close to being totally clueless in all of this, I guess you could say I am not even smart enough to be a good dangerous. Probably a bad dangerous however.

Thanks.

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 483
Quote:
My son has his working on CM7 and the BT works for his phone headset use at least. Mine is not. Is there a better ROM that I should use?

Thanks.
Does he have the same type of phone and no roms are better than others it's a matter of personal taste but if you want everything working a infuse based rom is your best choice

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

dadofsix
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Jerry,

Yes, he also has an Infuse. I had mine upgraded to the 2.3.6 over Kies and then some of the apps, not sure which ones or how many), would not load and work without locking up the unit and causing it to go into an endless reboot loop so he helped me find the Odin unlock and reload files so that I could get ClockWork Mod to work, and then he got me to the CM7 files from Steve Morrissey's listing. Now everything works but the BT and i use that all the time when talking on the phone so it is kind of important.

Gary

qkster
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4508
Quote:
Jerry,

Yes, he also has an Infuse. I had mine upgraded to the 2.3.6 over Kies and then some of the apps, not sure which ones or how many), would not load and work without locking up the unit and causing it to go into an endless reboot loop so he helped me find the Odin unlock and reload files so that I could get ClockWork Mod to work, and then he got me to the CM7 files from Steve Morrissey's listing. Now everything works but the BT and i use that all the time when talking on the phone so it is kind of important.

Gary
audio BT is not functional on CM7. Source code issues.
If BT is a must, you'll have to try one of the native infuse roms.
idk if bt works on port...I've not tried the ports long enough to know.
Try Spartan, PharmNerd, Dev, Aeon, Midagu Eman etc...or just stock uclb3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 483
what qk said if you need more help check out the links under qk's signiture also feel free to pm me

dadofsix
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a possible time when the BT will be able to be working in CM7? I really like the overall build and the way it works but I really do not want to have to use a wired headset too much.

Thanks again for putting up with those of us that have so little knowledge.

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 483
From what I understand the source code for the Bluetooth drivers was never released and that is why it does not work did you get tethering working

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

dadofsix
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Jerry,

With CM7 the tethering works really well on USB and while slower, it does work as a wireless hotspot as well. I really like the CM7 so I hate to go elsewhere just because of the BT issue but.... Do you know of any specific other ROMSs that behave and look similar to CM7 that have the BT and tethering working?

Thanks,
Gary

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 483
no i dont sorry i liked cm7 when i tried it but at the time i wasnt using bt and like i said in my pm i have never used tethering sorry i couldnt be more help you might want to try imancipation it has alot of themes and a ota app to download them with
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1579180

The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]