20th April 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #6791  
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 1,518

2,570 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984

Though I admire your ambition to contribute something, and I am not forbidding you to use your script, I would like to voice my opinion to that ^^

What you described is EXACTLY what mpdecision does. More sophisticated. Mpdecision checks from userspace if the second core is needed and activates it if it is. If not it stays deactivated and saves power. This is good. We want it to do that since we are usually not near an immured pig (outlet ). Our cpu hotplugs really fast and I think we should use that to our advantage rather than forcing the cpu1 online. but then again, my opinion

that's not your option, that's what it happens in this cpu

i create this script to avoid the slowless response of mpdecision.. i see it when something uses the second core, as like, i'm using chrome, if i have core1 able, animation of tables is smooth, if i have core1 disable, i see low framerate..
the advantages of qualcomm is the asyncronic structure, if you turn on core1, it will come to low power consuption until something uses it.. sure.. if you use this condiction with a governor like ondemand, it eat the battery in 10 minutes, it happen because governor put all of 2 cores at maxfreq even cpu usage is about 50%.. so.. 50% of "power" frequency, looses, for nothing

now with this badass it could be possible to put a low maxfreq, and, i see it's a good condiction

i create this script only for users witch want to try to use natively multicore without mpdecision lags

on sense4 rom, with stock badass governor, all UI is so slow, with ondemand at 1.56ghz was accettable.. now it's smooter and smooter

sure, than you for your great job.. if you don't want to see my script in you thread, teach me, i'll delete it
The Following User Says Thank You to iba21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #6792  
Flag Catania
Thanks Meter: 49

804 posts
More
Quote:

Your modem died and the kernel rebooted. So not a kernel issue

I've tried to read it and i know, but... What do you think about? HW or random phenomenon?
Last edited by orymd; 20th April 2012 at 09:48 PM.
20th April 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #6793  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,622

3,368 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janarioo

Show-p What u think about this , can this b True ?!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post25103208

I doubt it.
The laws of physics make your phone hot, not the installed firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjknight413

still sticking with your kernel religiously show-p!
only minor gripe with the latest beta is that badass makes sense 4 lag relentlessly, but i guess the performance requirements are higher than sense 3.6 with which im sure you tested your new governor

You can increase those frequencies if your want something higher (I wrote how in the last post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iba21

sure, than you for your great job.. if you don't want to see my script in you thread, teach me, i'll delete it

I did no say you need to delete it, but since you went through the effort of producing something I wanted to give you my thoughts about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by orymd

I've tried to read it and i know, but... What do you thing about? HW or random phenomenon?

Hardware / firmware / bad karma. No idea mate I just see that it crashed, it doesn't say why ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #6794  
Flag Venice

2,570 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I did no say you need to delete it, but since you went through the effort of producing something I wanted to give you my thoughts about that

i did it in 2 minutes.. i had the base, so, i'm glad to could help peoples witch want something else from his phone

p.s try it!!
The Following User Says Thank You to iba21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #6795  
Thanks Meter: 21

217 posts
With badass cpu spends 50% time on 192mHz and 50% on 900mHz on my device (while idle). Checked it on system tuner in 'times' menu. Is it normal? Because i think with ondemand it spends more time on lower frequencies while idling.
20th April 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #6796  
Thanks Meter: 67

254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberberben

With badass cpu spends 50% time on 192mHz and 50% on 900mHz on my device (while idle). Checked it on system tuner in 'times' menu. Is it normal? Because i think with ondemand it spends more time on lower frequencies while idling.

mine 76% @ 192Mhz 12%@ 918
so quite normal for mine
20th April 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #6797  
Flag Venice

2,570 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberberben

nope, ondemand is a governor witch increase frequency as fast as you think to press a button
the badass governor is simillary than ondemand, with 3 maxfreq level..
maybe, when your phone is in standby, it is doing something else, like, syncronization, etc etc, and, for that cpu goes up

have you flash new rom in this 12 hours?
20th April 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #6798  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 150

497 posts
More
Show, badass is a freaking masterpiece! I thought S2W was amazing, but you've really outdone yourself this time!

I had a question for you regarding the phasing of CPU clocks on badass. If I set max to 1188 MHz, will it break anything? I find that I rarely have a need for anything above that, so I was just wondering. I'm on 1188 max right now and the CPU seems to be "stepping" at 192, 918, 1026 and 1188, which is perfectly fine for me. Just wondering if something in your code would get broken by this.

Oh and here's a little something for your One X. 1FE11840AE1072117
The Following User Says Thank You to rawrfische For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #6799  
Thanks Meter: 21

217 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iba21

nope, ondemand is a governor witch increase frequency as fast as you think to press a button
the badass governor is simillary than ondemand, with 3 maxfreq level..
maybe, when your phone is in standby, it is doing something else, like, syncronization, etc etc, and, for that cpu goes up

have you flash new rom in this 12 hours?

No, i have flashed it few weeks ago. I have to check if some app is causing it.
20th April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #6800  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,622

3,368 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrfische

Show, badass is a freaking masterpiece! I thought S2W was amazing, but you've really outdone yourself this time!

I had a question for you regarding the phasing of CPU clocks on badass. If I set max to 1188 MHz, will it break anything? I find that I rarely have a need for anything above that, so I was just wondering. I'm on 1188 max right now and the CPU seems to be "stepping" at 192, 918, 1026 and 1188, which is perfectly fine for me. Just wondering if something in your code would get broken by this.

Oh and here's a little something for your One X. 1FE11840AE1072117

Nothing will be broken
If you set a too low max freq the 2/3 phase values will be adjusted to fit your new setting. (to 80/90% of your max freq). You should know me good enough by now that I usually implement tons of security and failsafe mechanisms

Btw: (regarding your donation message) I won't leave the sensation, ever ^^ I love that phone!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
badass, bricked, bricked is bad ass, sensation, show-p1984 deserves a kernel grammy, show-p1984 is the grandpa of all kernels, sweep2wake
Previous Thread Next Thread