Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom][4.0.3-ICS][XWLP3] Phone-Bricker v2.7 - 5/14/12

Tip us?

crewxp
Old
Thanks Meter 7
sure LiLChris!

EzEddie
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platcent View Post
Chris, this doesn't work for me. If I press restart, my phone just restarts and no options appear.
Running 2.3

Sent from my SGH-I777
Did you install ICS Dom theme? I installed 2.3 and had this option. When I installed ICS Dom theme this option went away.
The Following User Says Thank You to EzEddie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiLChris06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,281
When flashing any theme make sure to remove the android.policy.jar file before flashing the zip.
Open Zip -> system/framework/android.policy.jar

They are including that in the theme for the AOSP lock.
But that will overwrite any features like extended reboot menu, home lag fix, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to LiLChris06 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

techn
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33t View Post
I cant recommend ICS Browser+ enough. Edpecially when on full screen and using the radial shortcuts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
I personal like Chrome Beta very fast and smooth

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

LiLChris06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,281
If I don't get any replies I assume everything is going good with the beta test for 2.4. :P

phatalbert1000
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLChris06 View Post
If I don't get any replies I assume everything is going good with the beta test for 2.4. :P
They all PM'ed me for some reason... They said everything was perfect and that you should release immediately

Nizda1
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Yea I have to say chrome on this rom is awesome. Completely different experience than I was used to with it on cm9 with my tablet it was garbage. Browser+ is just really fast and nice too. Also the updated voicesearch is much better with recognition. So when majel hits it will be very useful. Thanks lilchris, I tried other roms but yours has always been the best for me.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Nizda1
Old
Thanks Meter 58
On a more serious note I noticed all the people hard bricking their phones on the leaks. Kstoonz said this file should not be in his intrafms /res/recovery.fstab and will be taking it out as its unused. My question is why do I have that file if I never put one of those leak roms on my phone? Or did he leave it Siyah? Anyone have any more info on what really happened. Thanks not like I plan on switching to or from those leaks ever but I'd like to know.

LiLChris06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,281
So far no bad feedback, still waiting for some more replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizda1 View Post
On a more serious note I noticed all the people hard bricking their phones on the leaks. Kstoonz said this file should not be in his intrafms /res/recovery.fstab and will be taking it out as its unused. My question is why do I have that file if I never put one of those leak roms on my phone? Or did he leave it Siyah? Anyone have any more info on what really happened. Thanks not like I plan on switching to or from those leaks ever but I'd like to know.

Not sure, but I have been able to backup/restore/flash dozens of time on the Siyah included in this rom.
I haven't tested RC5 just yet, and wondering if I should include it or not...

I did put the latest leaked modem though.

Nizda1
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Yea I haven't tried rc5 either. Do you have the same file I have? Also I read some people saying that on cm9 with that uld3 modem they were getting the worst speeds ever. Although from what I've read in don't think anyone really pinned down exactly what the true cause/combination that is causing problems. It may in fact be kernel related especially since one of the ones got hard bricked going from cm9 to cwm stock.

Tags
ice cream sandwich, ics