Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help with gingervolt 2.0

OP swiftriolu

24th March 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,762

3,472 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewall1

Hi all,
I'm new here, and couldn't find any references to this specific problem, but this thread appears to be vaguely related. I'm GV 1.3 and just tired to update to 2.0. CWM makes it appear as though the update worked, but when I restart the phone, Settings --> About Phone still shows it's on GV 1.3. I tried the update twice; the first time, I chose "Reboot phone" from the CWM menu after installation, and the second time, I powered down. Same result both time.

Per the instructions, I did NOT wipe data, since I was already on GV 1.3.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Bryce

Mtmichaelson forgot to change the build number I believe. You should be good.

Sent from my AXI0M ICS RAZR using tapatalk.
The Following User Says Thank You to spc_hicks09 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #12  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 18

107 posts
More
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09

Thanks spc hicks09
after reading previous posts I was suddenly curious why my revo said 1.3 when it should have said 2.0
25th March 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 23

297 posts
More
Quote:

Hi all,
I'm new here, and couldn't find any references to this specific problem, but this thread appears to be vaguely related. I'm GV 1.3 and just tired to update to 2.0. CWM makes it appear as though the update worked, but when I restart the phone, Settings --> About Phone still shows it's on GV 1.3. I tried the update twice; the first time, I chose "Reboot phone" from the CWM menu after installation, and the second time, I powered down. Same result both time.

Per the instructions, I did NOT wipe data, since I was already on GV 1.3.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Bryce

You should be fine. The name was not changed in the file. There are many posts about in the gv 2.0 thread.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
27th March 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:

Oh, that might explain a lot then. Other than the build number, is there any indication that I'm on 2.0 now? The animated startup graphic is the same as it was before.
27th March 2012, 02:21 AM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,762

3,472 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh, that might explain a lot then. Other than the build number, is there any indication that I'm on 2.0 now? The animated startup graphic is the same as it was before.

If you can overclock without flashing the kernel then you're good. 1.3 didn't have the kernel implemented.

29th March 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #16  

3 posts
Quote:

If you can overclock without flashing the kernel then you're good. 1.3 didn't have the kernel implemented.

I wouldn't know how to overclock my phone if it smacked me in the face...

I was having some trouble with Bluetooth, so I went back to GV 1.3 and checked the build number. When that didn't help and I ended up having to factory reset my phone to get BT working again, I went back to GV 2.0 again, and noticed a different kernel build number. I guess that's one way to tell that I'm on 2.0. I can't tell any difference in how it works otherwise, though.

-- Bryce
20th April 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #17  

1 posts
Question Battery problems
Has anyone else had any problems with the battery dying fast after switching to gingervolt 2.0? Since updating from gingervolt 1.3 to 2.0 my battery has been dying significantly faster (from 100% at 7:30am to 20% at 9:30pm with hardly any use and yes I have the extended battery). I am using rom toolbox and have the cpu set to Max: 1305Mhz and Min: 576Mhz with the governor set on smoothass (this was also set on 1.3 with no issues). My phone also will occasionally freeze and reboot at random times. I also noticed that it seems to lag when opening certain apps. Verizon tried to push an update to my phone which thankfully did not go through but i was able to go into the system files and change the system/lib/libme_main.so and change it to system/lib/libme_main.so.bak. That seemed to stop the update from trying to install. I also went to etc/security/otacerts.zip and added .bak to the end. Doing this accomplished nothing and now it wont allow me to remove the .bak from the end of the file. I love gingervolt 2.0 when it is working properly and hope I can get it to run smoothly. If anyone has any suggestions please share.
Last edited by narbnod8519; 20th April 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread