Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

Tip us?
 
giveen
Old
#211  
giveen's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,534
Posts: 2,145
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Caldwell, ID

 
DONATE TO ME
good luck snarg, I'll can give you some tips here and there but I will warn you that without our stuff, our kernel, and a few other tricks we keep to ourselves (non GPL stuff), you probably won't succeed.
 
siobhter
Old
#212  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 114
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Liberty Lake, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by snargledorf View Post
So if my understanding of how the CyanogenMod official status works is correct, then once the camera and radios are working, this should be pretty easy to get officially merged?

If I was a more experienced developer I would lend a helping hand in a heartbeat. But as it stands I don't have that much experience with creating/modifying ROMs so I probably wouldn't be much help in the quest for CM9 goodness.

[UPDATE]

Currently setting up a CM9 build env. in a virtual machine. I'm feeling adventurous today, so I'm gonna see if I can try my hand at getting CM9 to compile for the streak.

Not making any promises as I have no idea what I am doing for the most part.
If anything This will be a good learning experience :P

I'll be doing the same thing this weekend...

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by giveen View Post
good luck snarg, I'll can give you some tips here and there but I will warn you that without our stuff, our kernel, and a few other tricks we keep to ourselves (non GPL stuff), you probably won't succeed.
Is it possible to use the source hosted at StreakDroid?
 
giveen
Old
#213  
giveen's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,534
Posts: 2,145
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Caldwell, ID

 
DONATE TO ME
What sources are you referring to on StreakDroid.com? The stuff we use, Steve hasn't decided to release it yet, though our kernel is available on github per the GPL.
 
siobhter
Old
#214  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 114
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Liberty Lake, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by giveen View Post
What sources are you referring to on StreakDroid.com? The stuff we use, Steve hasn't decided to release it yet, though our kernel is available on github per the GPL.
Oh, sorry... I meant your space on GitHub.
 
snargledorf
Old
#215  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 126
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Derby, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by giveen View Post
good luck snarg, I'll can give you some tips here and there but I will warn you that without our stuff, our kernel, and a few other tricks we keep to ourselves (non GPL stuff), you probably won't succeed.
Thanks, I did come across your github repo of cm7. Was wondering if it would be ok if I based some of my work off of that repo?
 
giveen
Old
(Last edited by giveen; 20th April 2012 at 07:44 PM.)
#216  
giveen's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,534
Posts: 2,145
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Caldwell, ID

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by snargledorf View Post
Thanks, I did come across your github repo of cm7. Was wondering if it would be ok if I based some of my work off of that repo?
Go ahead, none of it works. If you would like I could give you at least our BoardConfig.mk to point you in the right direction.

Code:
TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL:= /root/s7/bootic.img-zImage
TARGET_BOARD_INFO_FILE := device/nvidia/ventana/board-info.txt
BOARD_EGL_CFG := device/dell/streak7/egl.cfg
BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := no_console_suspend=1 console=null video=tegrafb usbcore$

# inherit from the proprietary version
-include vendor/toshiba/betelgeuse/BoardConfigVendor.mk

TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM := tegra
TARGET_TEGRA_VERSION := ap20

TARGET_CPU_ABI := armeabi-v7a
TARGET_CPU_ABI2 := armeabi
TARGET_CPU_SMP := true
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv7-a
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT_CPU := cortex-a9
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT_FPU := vfpv3-d16
ARCH_ARM_HAVE_TLS_REGISTER := true

TARGET_PROVIDES_INIT_RC := false

# Audio hack for streak7 - use legacy 3.2 libs
BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO := false
BOARD_PREBUILT_LIBAUDIO := true
BOARD_USES_AUDIO_LEGACY := true

TARGET_NO_BOOTLOADER := true
TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME := ventana

BOARD_BUILD_BOOTLOADER := false

BOARD_KERNEL_BASE := 0x10000000
BOARD_PAGE_SIZE := 0x00000800

TARGET_USERIMAGES_USE_EXT4 := true
BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 8388608
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 5242880
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 268435456
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 1073741824


BOARD_FLASH_BLOCK_SIZE := 131072

BOARD_HAS_NO_MISC_PARTITION := true

BOARD_DATA_DEVICE := /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
BOARD_DATA_FILESYSTEM := ext4
BOARD_CACHE_DEVICE := /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
BOARD_CACHE_FILESYSTEM := ext4

USE_E2FSPROGS := true
USE_OPENGL_RENDERER := true

# OTA
TARGET_RECOVERY_UPDATER_LIBS += libnvrecoveryupdater

# Skip droiddoc build to save build time
BOARD_SKIP_ANDROID_DOC_BUILD := true

# Bluetooth
BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH := true

BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH_BCM := true

# Camera
USE_CAMERA_STUB := false
BOARD_VENDOR_USE_NV_CAMERA := true
# omxcamera is default
#TEGRA_CAMERA_TYPE := usb_uvc

# Connectivity - Wi-Fi
WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_8_X

BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := WEXT
BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE := bcm4329
BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_wext
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH     := "/system/lib/hw/dhd.ko"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_STA     := "/vendor/firmware/fw_bcm4329.bin"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_AP      := "/vendor/firmware/fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin"
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME     :=  "dhd"
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG      :=  "iface_name=wlan0 firmware_path=/vendor/firmware/fw_bcm4329.bin nvram_path=/system/etc/wlan/nvram.txt"

#3G
BOARD_MOBILEDATA_INTERFACE_NAME := "usb0"

# GPS
BOARD_HAVE_GPS_BCM := true

# Route Video to HDMI Display only, if it is connected
BOARD_HAVE_VID_ROUTING_TO_HDMI := false


# Default HDMI mirror mode
# Crop (default) picks closest mode, crops to screen resolution
# Scale picks closest mode, scales to screen resolution (aspect preserved)
# Center picks a mode greater than or equal to the panel size and centers;
#     if no suitable mode is available, reverts to scale
BOARD_HDMI_MIRROR_MODE := Scale

# Double buffered display surfaces reduce memory usage, but will decrease perfo$
# The default is to triple buffer the display surfaces.
# BOARD_DISABLE_TRIPLE_BUFFERED_DISPLAY_SURFACES := true

# Set this to true if the camera preview needs to be displayed only on HDMI

# Set this to true if the camera preview needs to be displayed only on HDMI
# when connected.
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# NOTE: BOARD_HAVE_VID_ROUTING_TO_HDMI  must be set to true for this to take
# effect.
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOARD_CAMERA_PREVIEW_HDMI_ONLY := false

include frameworks/base/data/sounds/AudioPackage3.mk
include vendor/nvidia/build/definitions.mk


# Avoid the generation of ldrcc instructions
NEED_WORKAROUND_CORTEX_A9_745320 := true

BOARD_NO_ALLOW_DEQUEUE_CURRENT_BUFFER := true
BOARD_VOLD_MAX_PARTITIONS := 11

# Green Screen Fix
COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DMISSING_EGL_EXTERNAL_IMAGE -DMISSING_GRALLOC_BUFFERS
COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DMISSING_EGL_PIXEL_FORMAT_YV12
COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DBOARD_GL_OES_EGL_IMG_EXTERNAL_HACK


# Use nicer font rendering
BOARD_USE_SKIA_LCDTEXT := true
BOARD_INCLUDES_TEGRA_JNI:= graphics,cursor
 
snargledorf
Old
#217  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 126
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Derby, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by giveen View Post
Go ahead, none of it works. If you would like I could give you at least our BoardConfig.mk to point you in the right direction.

Code:
TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL:= /root/s7/bootic.img-zImage
TARGET_BOARD_INFO_FILE := device/nvidia/ventana/board-info.txt
BOARD_EGL_CFG := device/dell/streak7/egl.cfg
BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := no_console_suspend=1 console=null video=tegrafb usbcore$

# inherit from the proprietary version
-include vendor/toshiba/betelgeuse/BoardConfigVendor.mk

TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM := tegra
TARGET_TEGRA_VERSION := ap20

TARGET_CPU_ABI := armeabi-v7a
TARGET_CPU_ABI2 := armeabi
TARGET_CPU_SMP := true
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv7-a
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT_CPU := cortex-a9
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT_FPU := vfpv3-d16
ARCH_ARM_HAVE_TLS_REGISTER := true

TARGET_PROVIDES_INIT_RC := false

# Audio hack for streak7 - use legacy 3.2 libs
BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO := false
BOARD_PREBUILT_LIBAUDIO := true
BOARD_USES_AUDIO_LEGACY := true

TARGET_NO_BOOTLOADER := true
TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME := ventana

BOARD_BUILD_BOOTLOADER := false

BOARD_KERNEL_BASE := 0x10000000
BOARD_PAGE_SIZE := 0x00000800

TARGET_USERIMAGES_USE_EXT4 := true
BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 8388608
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 5242880
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 268435456
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 1073741824


BOARD_FLASH_BLOCK_SIZE := 131072

BOARD_HAS_NO_MISC_PARTITION := true

BOARD_DATA_DEVICE := /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
BOARD_DATA_FILESYSTEM := ext4
BOARD_CACHE_DEVICE := /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
BOARD_CACHE_FILESYSTEM := ext4

USE_E2FSPROGS := true
USE_OPENGL_RENDERER := true

# OTA
TARGET_RECOVERY_UPDATER_LIBS += libnvrecoveryupdater

# Skip droiddoc build to save build time
BOARD_SKIP_ANDROID_DOC_BUILD := true

# Bluetooth
BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH := true

BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH_BCM := true

# Camera
USE_CAMERA_STUB := false
BOARD_VENDOR_USE_NV_CAMERA := true
# omxcamera is default
#TEGRA_CAMERA_TYPE := usb_uvc

# Connectivity - Wi-Fi
WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_8_X

BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := WEXT
BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE := bcm4329
BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_wext
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH     := "/system/lib/hw/dhd.ko"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_STA     := "/vendor/firmware/fw_bcm4329.bin"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_AP      := "/vendor/firmware/fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin"
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME     :=  "dhd"
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG      :=  "iface_name=wlan0 firmware_path=/vendor/firmware/fw_bcm4329.bin nvram_path=/system/etc/wlan/nvram.txt"

#3G
BOARD_MOBILEDATA_INTERFACE_NAME := "usb0"

# GPS
BOARD_HAVE_GPS_BCM := true

# Route Video to HDMI Display only, if it is connected
BOARD_HAVE_VID_ROUTING_TO_HDMI := false


# Default HDMI mirror mode
# Crop (default) picks closest mode, crops to screen resolution
# Scale picks closest mode, scales to screen resolution (aspect preserved)
# Center picks a mode greater than or equal to the panel size and centers;
#     if no suitable mode is available, reverts to scale
BOARD_HDMI_MIRROR_MODE := Scale

# Double buffered display surfaces reduce memory usage, but will decrease perfo$
# The default is to triple buffer the display surfaces.
# BOARD_DISABLE_TRIPLE_BUFFERED_DISPLAY_SURFACES := true

# Set this to true if the camera preview needs to be displayed only on HDMI

# Set this to true if the camera preview needs to be displayed only on HDMI
# when connected.
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# NOTE: BOARD_HAVE_VID_ROUTING_TO_HDMI  must be set to true for this to take
# effect.
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOARD_CAMERA_PREVIEW_HDMI_ONLY := false

include frameworks/base/data/sounds/AudioPackage3.mk
include vendor/nvidia/build/definitions.mk


# Avoid the generation of ldrcc instructions
NEED_WORKAROUND_CORTEX_A9_745320 := true

BOARD_NO_ALLOW_DEQUEUE_CURRENT_BUFFER := true
BOARD_VOLD_MAX_PARTITIONS := 11

# Green Screen Fix
COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DMISSING_EGL_EXTERNAL_IMAGE -DMISSING_GRALLOC_BUFFERS
COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DMISSING_EGL_PIXEL_FORMAT_YV12
COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DBOARD_GL_OES_EGL_IMG_EXTERNAL_HACK


# Use nicer font rendering
BOARD_USE_SKIA_LCDTEXT := true
BOARD_INCLUDES_TEGRA_JNI:= graphics,cursor
Using this BoardConfig.mk got me compiling! (I'll bet a non-booting rom)

Still need to get my Streak, ordered one from woot, so I can get some of the missing pieces.
But other than that I think I'm in pretty good shape thus far! Thanks!
 
twillet50
Old
#218  
twillet50's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 167
Join Date: Aug 2011
There is not a working CWM on B4, correct? Or is it just MY Streak that doesn't have it?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using xda premium
 
wptski
Old
#219  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 1,360
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Warren, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by twillet50 View Post
There is not a working CWM on B4, correct? Or is it just MY Streak that doesn't have it?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using xda premium
No version of CWM works correctly with ICS B4 yet.
Nexus 10 32GB Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 ROM with KTManta kernel
Dell Streak 7 WiFi Unofficial CM 10.1
 
twillet50
Old
#220  
twillet50's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 167
Join Date: Aug 2011
Thanks. Wanted to make sure it wasn't just mine.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes