Post Reply

Speaker's cracks.

OP guinnes.s

27th March 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #21  
rosystreasures's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CA, USA
Thanks Meter: 33
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcoolbean

Nice!

Now I got to figure out how to remove android when my computer doesn't even detect my touchpad.

The touchpad is very picky about thecables you use. I dont have the original, I use a belkin. I suggest trying different usb cables.
12th April 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Tough Luck
I sent mine in to have the cracks repaired. The rep told me I'd get my original back. 10 days later I received the return, but it was in fact a DIFFERENT touchpad than what I had sent in. They included a paper statement that read something along the lines of they could not repair it for one of many possible reasons. Not only that, but the F'ing thing wouldn't even charge or power on!

After a quick troubleshooting session online they are sending me ANOTHER return box/label. Hopefully in 10 days I will have better news.


...For the record, I'm betting they send me a 16gb by mistake, instead of a 32gb. You heard it here first.
20th April 2012, 12:06 AM   |  #23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmc2020


After a quick troubleshooting session online they are sending me ANOTHER return box/label. Hopefully in 10 days I will have better news.


...For the record, I'm betting they send me a 16gb by mistake, instead of a 32gb. You heard it here first.

ok I was wrong. I got the same broken touchpad back! go HP....
20th April 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #24  
webran61's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
I just wrapped up a support chat session with the lovely "Brayden." My Touchpad is still in warranty even though I bought one of the refurb ones from the second firesale on eBay. After serial and product numbers Brayden informed me I will be receiving a box within 3 days to mail my Touchpad to them. They will "address" the cracks and send me a repaired Touchpad to my door upon completion.

I did not ask if I would be getting the same Touchpad back though, I should have. I don't really care one way or the other though. I just want one with no cracks, and will use a sturdier case next time.
8th May 2012, 01:00 PM   |  #25  
webran61's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
So I thought I would follow up just for anyone browsing this thread contemplating sending their TP in for crack repair.

I just got mine back yesterday evening. It was wrapped in more than enough plastic. To my surprise there are no more cracks! It looks as if they replaced the entire back cover with a new one. In truth I can't tell if this is the same TP or not, but I don't care. It's flawless and it works.

Now I just have to put ICS back on it and get a better case.
17th May 2012, 12:18 AM   |  #26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by webran61

So I thought I would follow up just for anyone browsing this thread contemplating sending their TP in for crack repair.

I just got mine back yesterday evening. It was wrapped in more than enough plastic. To my surprise there are no more cracks! It looks as if they replaced the entire back cover with a new one. In truth I can't tell if this is the same TP or not, but I don't care. It's flawless and it works.

Now I just have to put ICS back on it and get a better case.

You're lucky dude.. I sent mine in for "repair" 4 times, every time getting the same exact TP that won't charge or turn on. then finally got an "advance replacement". Only problem is the "advance replacement" has bright/dark blotches down the entire left side of the screen.

They are sending me another one. What a Nightmare- it's been over a month and a half!

I have customer service on speed dial. It's really kinda sad.
The Following User Says Thank You to fredmc2020 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #27  
navarde's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Fout Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 1
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Keep us up to date please, thanks
I am still considering to get a replacement.
30th May 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Finally got a working TP back from HP today. It has taken nearly 2 months to get the problems fixed which started with speaker cracks... I highly recommend sending a note in with the TP to let the repair center know what you need to have done/what to look for.
30th May 2012, 12:41 AM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmc2020

I highly recommend sending a note in with the TP to let the repair center know what you need to have done/what to look for.

That's exactly what I did from the beginning yet I had to send the TP back twice. Had speaker cracks and a loose back and got a TP refurb unit that instead had seperation with the back cover and display and a piece of plastic sticking out. On the second attempt I finally got a perfect unit. Luckily HP turnaround was only a couple days.
30th May 2012, 01:56 AM   |  #30  
antp121's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,063
 
6,029 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemasta31

That's exactly what I did from the beginning yet I had to send the TP back twice. Had speaker cracks and a loose back and got a TP refurb unit that instead had seperation with the back cover and display and a piece of plastic sticking out. On the second attempt I finally got a perfect unit. Luckily HP turnaround was only a couple days.

come on. sending back for cracked speakers and loose back? i had a loose back since i got it and my speaker cracked 2 weeks ago. i paid $100 and im not gunna be up their a$$ for it..

The Following User Says Thank You to antp121 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes