Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD-ext: Disappearing and/or corrupted

Tip us?

enzyme
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default SD-ext: Disappearing and/or corrupted

I can't determine the cause, but certain directories & files that I put on sd-ext are disappearing on me, some within hours (wallpaper folder). The other strange thing happening is a lot of my image files (.png icons) become unreadable & appearing to be corrupted. These same files can be stored on internal SD without this happening. I have checked the disk in windows w/o errors.

The only thing I can suspect is, not too long ago I accidentally partitioned my SD-ext to 0mb in CWM.

I am using the lastest Kang CM7.2 Photon Dev Team. Install location: Internal, and "use internal storage" checked.

Jeff213
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I once had this same issue with a brand new SD card I bought off of ebay.

It turns out it was a fake sandisk sd card from china. It was a 1 gig hacked to look like a 16 gig, so whenever you would try to write files above 1 gig, the file index would show up but the file itself would be written to nothing leaving a corrupted or missing file.

Never buy sd cards straight from china...

enzyme
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Actually I have bought fake ones from ebay before as well. But I have not done that for years. I bought mine from Newegg. Also I had about 6 gigs on it before w/o issues. Right now I have only a few hundred MBs.