Complete noob about to put CM9 on new HP Touchpad

OP beantownmh

20th April 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hi guys,

I just got a 32 GB hp touch pad in like new condition for just under 200 and am happy to have a nice tablet in my life now. I am getting ready to put the latest CM9 official nightly on and have a couple questions

1) I have heard it is smart to "backup" your touchpad before rooting or flashing or whatever its called. Why do I need to backup if I don't have any files I want to save, and how do I go about doing this?

2) Is there any use for this supposed SD card slot? I have heard that you can do some sort of backup or flashing with an SD card to be safe but from what I can tell my device doesnt really have an SD card slot. There is this little thing that pops out but I dont think I can fit an sd card in there.

Any help much appreciated as I am about to get started and am pretty pumped, was going to use these 2 threads for instructions

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1452625

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1305891
20th April 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,434

4,910 posts
More
I suggest reading very carefully and following the instructions EXACTLY. No offense, but you do sound really inexperienced with flashing and android. Then again you DID call yourself a noob. lol.

Anyways, You probably read backing up before flashing as in backing up your current android setup. Usually before flashing anything in android, its wise to backup your ROM in case anything goes wrong. You will get around to this another time. As far as backing up webOS, just backup your photos, videos, etc., stuff like that if you wish.

The SD Card doesnt refer to an actual memory card. It means your internal memory. So when it says, place zip on root of sd card, it just means put it in the internal memory. In android, its labled "SDcard"

If anything goes wrong, you always have the webOS doctor to restore everything. Good luck.
20th April 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Thanks, I also found this site which shows to load a dual boot setup

http://www.webosnation.com/how-insta...-your-touchpad

, but what i only want one OS on there? Is there any downside to having 2, like slower performance or anything? I'd kind of just rather have android on there and have it load right up to that instead of having to select one or the other
20th April 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,434

4,910 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownmh

Thanks, I also found this site which shows to load a dual boot setup

http://www.webosnation.com/how-insta...-your-touchpad

, but what i only want one OS on there? Is there any downside to having 2, like slower performance or anything? I'd kind of just rather have android on there and have it load right up to that instead of having to select one or the other

You should keep webOS on there since it is the Main OS for the TouchPad. You will need it on there if anything goes wrong and you need to get into webOS recovery to restore the tablet. When you install the moboot, which gives you the choice of what you boot, you can also set which one to boot by default and it will boot into that one after a short countdown. You will see once you install everything.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

And no, there is no performance issues. Both run smooth.
20th April 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Got it! This is awesome!
20th April 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Crap I just realized I accidentally synced it with everything from my phone... in order to undo this do I need to reinstall? I want to wipe it clean and just have Gapps
20th April 2012, 11:42 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
ok nevermind i got it, thanks for the help ill figure out the rest

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread