Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Novoskins UmiX Ultra Thin Bumper?

Tip us?

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappent View Post
I don't think so... we all are waiting for someone to order one sadly.
I'll take the hit - I'll order one tonight.
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to alacrify For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

J-Wall
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
I'll take the hit - I'll order one tonight.
Which version did you order?

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp609 View Post
Which version did you order?
A) I said "tonight", and B) I'll let you know when I do
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1

jnguyen12
Old
Thanks Meter 20
When I get my check next week I'll do it. Then I'll get back to you in about 30 days when it comes in hahaha, I think I'll go with the black one.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

alacrify
Old
(Last edited by alacrify; 12th April 2012 at 02:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,945
Ok, ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...4182757&sr=1-4

Estimated delivery May 8 - May 21 - I'll report back in a month...

EDIT: FYI the cost listed (if you buy it through Amazon) includes shipping - that's the total cost on my receipt, and S&H is $0.00

EDIT2: As of this morning, the order has shipped - expected delivery May 21st. So whatever the slowest shipping from the UK is, apparently...
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alacrify For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcracken
Old
Thanks Meter 124

DONATE TO ME
If anyone's wondering, I looked at the website and compared the Amazon listing and their site.

This is the same as this.

It's selling for $14.50 on Amazon, and 9 pounds on their website--which is about $14.30 according to Google. The price from the site does not include shipping, another 2 pounds or $3. Amazon is definitely cheaper, since shipping is free.
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-i777
Probably using my Nexus 7 right now
AT&T HTC One

HELLO YES WAT IS PHONE

MashBill
Old
Thanks Meter 14
These are nice looking. I think I will try one out. Thanks for sharing the link.

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Arrived today - 9 days from order date - not bad. Pics attached, sorry for the quality - from a work BlackBerry.

Impressions - good fit, minimal bulk, but it gives better coverage than the Rearth Ringke slim I've been using, and feels like it would handle a drop better. The back plate just lies in the "tray", so I had to adjust it once on, but then seemed snug enough. All the ports and mics are open, buttons are easy to reach. Easy on, easy off - stiff enough I don't think it will stretch. Has a bit of a matte finish feel, so won't slide in and out of pocket as easily as the Ringke, but not sticky. Does hold the camera lens off the table, but the front rim is under the face so it does NOT offer any protection when face down.

My Ringke slim is cracking because I remove it multiple times a day to dock, so I think I will use this as a daily once that dies.

Any other questions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00002-20120420-1628.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	1016260   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00007-20120420-1633.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	1016261   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00003-20120420-1630.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	1016262   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00006-20120420-1632.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	1016263  
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to alacrify For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcracken
Old
Thanks Meter 124

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
Arrived today - 9 days from order date - not bad. Pics attached, sorry for the quality - from a work BlackBerry.

Impressions - good fit, minimal bulk, but it gives better coverage than the Rearth Ringke slim I've been using, and feels like it would handle a drop better. The back plate just lies in the "tray", so I had to adjust it once on, but then seemed snug enough. All the ports and mics are open, buttons are easy to reach. Easy on, easy off - stiff enough I don't think it will stretch. Has a bit of a matte finish feel, so won't slide in and out of pocket as easily as the Ringke, but not sticky. Does hold the camera lens off the table, but the front rim is under the face so it does NOT offer any protection when face down.

My Ringke slim is cracking because I remove it multiple times a day to dock, so I think I will use this as a daily once that dies.

Any other questions?
How thick does it make the phone--I have a Casemate Pop and I absolutely hate it because it makes the phone really chunky and thick.
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-i777
Probably using my Nexus 7 right now
AT&T HTC One

HELLO YES WAT IS PHONE

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcracken View Post
How thick does it make the phone--I have a Casemate Pop and I absolutely hate it because it makes the phone really chunky and thick.
It's definitely there, but thinner than others I've tried - about like the Casemate barely there. The Ringke slim is the best really thin one out there, I think, but you don't get the coverage...

I can live with this - you can tell you're using a case, but it's not bulky by any means.
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alacrify For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
bumper, case, novoskins