Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,321 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NEW] NT CM7 support thread

Tip us?

humberto103
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ya i really just need the market. I guess if anyone can hook me up with a backup

Cubanluke88
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_fart View Post
um... you're missing one. . but it is understandable that you're missing it, . ( because it's officially un-official ? ) i heard about a 'RC1', so i went looking for it... . found it ! ! ! way off the forum site. . . but the download ( for me ) took an hour. . . . grumble... hmmm, where's the change log ? . . i have to admit i am a junkie for 'change logs'. . . then i get to scratch my old bald head and try to figure out what they're talking about...
Isn't RC1 a Kernel for CM 7.2?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by humberto103 View Post
Where can i get the gapps package for cm7 internal 16g
Link to gapps

Download and install the version for CM7. No need to wipe or anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cubanluke88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

humberto103
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sweet, I didn't know if the nook had its own package.

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by movrshakr View Post
... what is its total contents?
Answering self...
http://www.google.com/mobile/android/

However, why not just download the individual ones you want? It seems like getting the whole package is similar to putting a phone vendor's bloatware into the system.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 ATT (Current)
Samsung Captivate I897 (Build 1006) - DesignGears' [ROM][2.2] Cognition 4.5.3
Nook Tablet 16GB booting CM7 from microSD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1481826
Retired Devices: Moto RAZR, Samsung X427M, Samsung Eternity; many b4 those.

raywaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Gapps

Quote:
Originally Posted by movrshakr View Post
Answering self...
http://www.google.com/mobile/android/

However, why not just download the individual ones you want? It seems like getting the whole package is similar to putting a phone vendor's bloatware into the system.
You can flash the entire package (with CWM) in just a few seconds. To download and install individually would take much longer. Also, some of the apps (e.g. Play Store, etc) are only available for download and sideload onto the device - not from the Market/Store.

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywaldo View Post
You can flash the entire package (with CWM) in just a few seconds. To download and install individually would take much longer. Also, some of the apps (e.g. Play Store, etc) are only available for download and sideload onto the device - not from the Market/Store.
Oh, I understand that. My system had the Market on it when I installed--which converted itself on its own into Play. I didn't need gapps to get Market.

The point was that most people will only want/use three or four of those--so why bring them ALL onto the device (assuming you have Market/Play already)? It's an individual choice of course. One should put whatever they want onto their own device. Want them all--use gapps. Want a few--use Market install. Opinion.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 ATT (Current)
Samsung Captivate I897 (Build 1006) - DesignGears' [ROM][2.2] Cognition 4.5.3
Nook Tablet 16GB booting CM7 from microSD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1481826
Retired Devices: Moto RAZR, Samsung X427M, Samsung Eternity; many b4 those.

ItsMeMasih
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang69 View Post

Can anyone else get the lock screen to work or is it not in this build?

fixed (learned) > Settings->CyangenMod settings ->tablet tweaks-> Make sure disable lockscreen is unchecked.
+1 for answering your question !! I was looking for a reason why I couldn't access the lock screen and came across your post. Kudos!

hersh40
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My nt has started acting strange. It shows charging but battery level keeps going down when i use it. Any ideas.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

The_Joe
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersh40 View Post
My nt has started acting strange. It shows charging but battery level keeps going down when i use it. Any ideas.

If your screen is on, especially if your brightness is turned up, the NT can use more battery than its charging rate. Also, with CM7 you can use non NT chargers, which charge MUCH slower than the correct NT charger.

The only way to get Fast Charging is using the original NT charger and wall adaper. Plugging into your PC's usb port will not fast charge. Plugging into your phones USB wall adapter will also NOT fast charge.

I would bet that if you turn off the screen, turn off wi-fi, (But dont turn off the nook) and walk away for 20 mins, you'd come back and see that the battery has gone up a few %.

If I have made a mistake in here, please inform me.
Well when you really break it down, the steps to modifying a Turbocharged Diesel engine and overclocking a modern computer processor are VERY comparable.

hersh40
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've been using cm7 since it was released and never had charging issue until recently. I tried cm9 for a short time and when I restored cm7 it started this. Would erasing raving cash and starting from scratch help?