Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help replacing loud speaker & earpiece speaker?

Tip us?

Cscrryan
Old
(Last edited by Cscrryan; 20th April 2012 at 03:08 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Help replacing loud speaker & earpiece speaker?

I watched some tutorial videos on replacing both of these speakers on my incredible and it appeared to be rather simple. I attempted to do this myself and upon putting my phone back together I first received no volume, gave it another shot and received bare minimum volume. I double checked my settings and they were all maxed. This is the case on both speakers and I have tried and tried again. I have two incredibles so I have been testing different methods, making spacers to put under the speaker as well securing it with adhesive. I am at a loss but I love this phone too much to give up.

Anyone else go through this and possibly find a solution?

mirrin
Old
Thanks Meter 76
post the exact model spare parts you replaced old ones with and then do a test fit to see if the springs are making contact... if that doesnt work order a new pair perhaps the parts you got were defective...
HTC Droid Incredible slcd (retired)
Samsung Galaxy S3 pebble blue
Rom: hell fire 3.0 kk
kernel: Ktoonsez
Galaxy tab 3 7"
Rooted waiting for roms
Asus memo smart 10
Omni nightly kk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Rom: hyper drive rls8
Knox 0x0

Cscrryan
Old
(Last edited by Cscrryan; 20th April 2012 at 02:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I purchased both of the speakers from amazon.com. Here is the model number of the loud speaker. I am still trying to read the earpiece, I am looking for a magnifying glass. I might need glasses >.<

it reads
0001V6.3 0514C

This is the model number of the old loud speaker as the new one simply reads BCP

Cscrryan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
earpiece speaker - old blown one
211 341 0442
0031A2 0112C

my new earpiece does not have a model number on it but on amazon the ASIN is B007ORLHF4.

Cscrryan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well I am going to purchase these speakers again and give it another shot. In all honesty I replaced both speakers at the same time and they both gave me an issue. I feel as though it was something I did versus the quality of the product. How important is the step of adhesive? Maybe it was something I did wrong there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA