5,594,386 Members 34,730 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CM9 Kangs WIFI 2012.05.11

Tip us?
 
bnbasarir
Old
#301  
bnbasarir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 175
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Istanbul
Quote:
Originally Posted by guih View Post
Is there a way to flash a recovery without Odin? My computer is busted
There is a mobile Odin app by Chainfire (I guess). You can try that one.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
"Never exceed your rights and soon they will become unlimited!"

Devices:
  • Galaxy SIII Changing ROM's more often then updating my signature w/ Perseus Kernel
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1 (CM10 w/ Stock Kernel)

You like progressive house / deep house / tech house? You can grab a set of mine from here ---> BrQ On Mixcloud
Follow me on Twitter & Google Plus
 
guih
Old
#302  
guih's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 1,046
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbasarir View Post
There is a mobile Odin app by Chainfire (I guess). You can try that one.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
The gtab 10.1 is not supported, thanks though
Current Devices:
Rooted Sprint HTC ONE!
  • ROM: OMJ
  • Kernel: Stock

Rooted Asus Nexus 7
  • ROM: Paranoid ROM
  • Kernel: Stock

RIP HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Evo 4G, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
 
ganiman
Old
#303  
Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 90
Join Date: Nov 2010
Upgraded to the April 17 build, like the CM9 animation, but I have to ask. Why do boot animations suck on the Gatb 10? No matter which it is, they perform horribly. Why is that? Even the stock one was never smooth. The smoothest boot animation I have seen is the AOKP one, and its unicorn which I hate having on boot. The CM9 and the ICS Nexus one are terrible in terms of how smooth they play. My G2 is so smooth with the new CM9 one, so I have to wonder.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
Ganiman
Samsung Galaxy S III
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
 
coalee
Old
#304  
coalee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 175
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Palmerston North
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiman View Post
Upgraded to the April 17 build, like the CM9 animation, but I have to ask. Why do boot animations suck on the Gatb 10? No matter which it is, they perform horribly. Why is that? Even the stock one was never smooth. The smoothest boot animation I have seen is the AOKP one, and its unicorn which I hate having on boot. The CM9 and the ICS Nexus one are terrible in terms of how smooth they play. My G2 is so smooth with the new CM9 one, so I have to wonder.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
I don't think there is problem about boot animation. In my opinion, there are lot of CPU / IO load when android booting up (there are many processes startup in the background) that can reduce boot animation frame rate. But nothing major. so, no reason to worry.
 
ganiman
Old
#305  
Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 90
Join Date: Nov 2010
Just saying, with my G2 which has a lot less horsepower than the GTab does, plays all it's animations smooth like butter. I don't see a clear reason why this tablet struggles at all with it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
Ganiman
Samsung Galaxy S III
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
 
adamski123
Old
#306  
adamski123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 1,808
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiman View Post
Just saying, with my G2 which has a lot less horsepower than the GTab does, plays all it's animations smooth like butter. I don't see a clear reason why this tablet struggles at all with it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
Because honeycomb is **** :L

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
_______________________
Devices:
Nexus 5 running stock Android 4.4.2.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running bone stock no root.
Sony Alpha A58 Digital SLR.
 
jarjar26
Old
#307  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 30
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LÚvis
Upgraded to the April 17 build yesterday, and since that, my internet (if it's not my network connectivity is unstable, after few minutes of navigation, i can't communicate anymore with the external world, i need to reboot the tablet
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII
ROM: ICS 4.1.2

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Rom: Cyanogen Nightly build
 
guih
Old
#308  
guih's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 1,046
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiman View Post
Just saying, with my G2 which has a lot less horsepower than the GTab does, plays all it's animations smooth like butter. I don't see a clear reason why this tablet struggles at all with it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
it also has to do with the fact that a lot of these bootanimations aren't formatted for our tabs. Task's boot animation, for example, runs as smooth as it can be. I doubt it really makes a statement about our Tabs performance.
Current Devices:
Rooted Sprint HTC ONE!
  • ROM: OMJ
  • Kernel: Stock

Rooted Asus Nexus 7
  • ROM: Paranoid ROM
  • Kernel: Stock

RIP HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Evo 4G, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
 
boromkeurgui
Old
#309  
boromkeurgui's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 206
Join Date: Dec 2010
the 17th april update is great . no force close and wifi works fine . nothing to say .
 
redram38
Old
#310  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 533
Join Date: Nov 2009
New to ICS on the tab. SO far I like the difference in performance. MLB at bat actually plays videos and splashtop HD works very well. The only issue I am having is some random reboots and when I woke up today and went to get the Tab it was booting on the boot animation and just kept going and going and going. I had to reboot by holding the power and vol down and since has not had the issue.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes