No registration required

[KERNEL] Semaphore ICS 1.3.0

OP stratosk

21st April 2012, 01:42 AM   |  #3301  
Thanks Meter: 224

562 posts
More
@badworker

Search some pages back for a tutorial for Heimdall.

-----

I'm having trouble as well for some days now. Didn't say anything earlier because I wanted to make sure it was Semaphore. I did a clean flash of AOKP B32. Flashed JW4 w/ PIT using ODIN -> Hard Reset -> Flashed B32 -> Let it boot -> Restored /data from a Nandroid -> Flashed Semaphore. I always used Semaphore with AOKP with this settings:

OC: 1140
Ondemand
Simple I/O
Lock Min Scaling Frequency
Deep Idle

Voltages:

(Apart from the 1140 frequency which I had running on 1300mV. Changed it to purely test if that was the issue)

All ran well on M4, Build 30 and 31. Since I flashed 32 that I get random reboots using these settings. I tried to disable OC, still random reboots. Disabled UV. Still random reboots. Yesterday I flashed B32 again without wiping and stayed on Glitch for a day. Used exactly the same settings regarding OC, scheduler, UV etc. It ran perfectly. About 2 hours ago I decided to have another go with Semaphore 1.0.1s and, 45 minutes later, reboot. Thing is, I'm not always doing something on the phone. I can be watching a video and it reboots, I can be browsing forums in Tapatalk, stop and, seconds later, reboot etc etc. I really love AOKP as I really love Semaphore so I want to keep this combo. I know lots of users have this combo on their phones running perfectly so it's not an incompatibility issue.

What should I do? Is there any way I can get a logcat at the time of the reboots? If so, how? I don't know anything more I can do. Help.

PS: Could anyone tell me, please, what are the default kernel voltages?
PSS: I had the same issues both on 1.0.0s and 1.0.1s.
PSSS: Ran Kernel Cleaner Script and cleared both init.d and NS Tools settings everytime I changed kernels.
Last edited by dastinger; 21st April 2012 at 02:09 AM.
21st April 2012, 01:59 AM   |  #3302  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 1,901

4,679 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badworker

I was listening to music with my sgs and suddently the phone starts 'clicking' (like BSOD in windows when the music is playing, if you know, the sound were like that).
Then I removed battery and put back on, the phone doesn't boot.
I can't go into recovery nor boot normally, it goes in bootloop.

There's some way to flash this kernel via odin or something similar, without loosing any data?

I don't really know if the problem is kernel-side or rom-side, I believe that's something wrong with kernel but I can't confirm.

The operation that I made today:
flashed a new modem.
installed Voltage Control (locking max freq to 800MHz when display's off).

I used this configuration since semaphore 1.0.1s and CM9 04-19 were released:
SGS with CM9 04192012 + Semaphore 1.0.1s + lock min freq to 100MHz and a little UV, I've never had any kind of problem with this configuration until this evening.

ty

just reflash an odin kernel or flash recovery fix from here the reflash the kernel u like the go to advanced in recovery thn reboot recovery then try to clear ns tool then clean init.d scripts then wipe cache an dalvik and see if it work
dont forget to restore init.d scripts when it work
21st April 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #3303  
New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 18

134 posts
Now this is something that is beyond horrible.

This is not the case always but as many reported, battery life is not that good as been earlier. I also understand that it might be an issue with ICSSGS ROM but can not understand that why others not facing such issue.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334967457728.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1016387  
21st April 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #3304  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 748

575 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HM.Carbide

I can't see the SemaphoreScripts folder.

The tests folder has to be lowercase, and I am not sure about the .txt extension and the file rights.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

That's within the SemaphoreScripts folder (the current directory is shown at the top of the screen).

'tests' was renamed to 'Tests' to disable the script to allow the default bt_off script. The .txt extension worked fine for me, i haven't seen any source (not sure if you use open source anyway), but it seems to ignore any file extensions for anything in there. I've never had an issue with the script. My issue was with incorrect OC/UC values, i don't have the issue now, just pointing out what happened for me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
21st April 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #3305  
Thanks Meter: 42

746 posts
More
Having random boot. Just got woke up and turned on my phone, as i was watching tv, after like 10mins, i heard my phone, it was the notification sound, then i checked it. It was rebooted by itself. I know it was rebooted because it has super backup, email notification on my status bar. They said it was kernel issue.. :/
I was on semaphore 1.0.0bm btw.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
21st April 2012, 06:11 AM   |  #3306  
Thanks Meter: 12

147 posts
I cant sync with any devices using bluethoot, the devices can not found my sgs

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk
21st April 2012, 06:29 AM   |  #3307  
Thanks Meter: 49

654 posts
More
Is there a way to fix the screen rotation and the backwards home and back capacitive buttons on my Captivate?
21st April 2012, 06:33 AM   |  #3308  
Thanks Meter: 41

74 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchawk81

Is there a way to fix the screen rotation and the backwards home and back capacitive buttons on my Captivate?

You are not supposed to use the i9000 & Vibrant Kernel builds for captivate. It has incompatible GPIO mappings .
21st April 2012, 06:35 AM   |  #3309  
Thanks Meter: 49

654 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngenhit

You are not supposed to use the i9000 & Vibrant Kernel builds for captivate. It has incompatible GPIO mappings .

What do I use? I was directed here from Darknight.

Edit: never mind. Found the Cappy version.
Last edited by dchawk81; 21st April 2012 at 06:52 AM.
21st April 2012, 08:45 AM   |  #3310  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I am using Rom: Slim ICS v3.3 with the semaphore kernel 1.0.0s
and I have the problem that adb v1.0.29 cant reach my phone anymore.
I got adb working over WIFI but not with usb :-/
Any ideas what I can do?
Last edited by the_stift; 21st April 2012 at 09:59 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics, semaphore
Previous Thread Next Thread