Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][ICS+SENSE][Mar.20.2012]HTC One V development[Source+RUU]

Tip us?

Tribulattifather
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,834

DONATE TO ME
Guys, I am going on spring vacation with the family for a week. I'll be able to keep updated on what you all are doing just will only have my phone with me so I won't be able to help til i'm back.

Thanks again,

Brad.
My Mega File Host - HTC One Mini (M4) Working Folder.
My Android File Host - Evo 3D Cdma (SHOOTER)Working Folder Mirror 2.
My Google Drive - HD2 Android (LEO)Working Folder.
My Dev Host - Droid Inc (INC)Working Folder.

mushat3k
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Be safe on vacation dude

Looks like HTC has released the kernel source code for the one v, hopefully this will be helpful

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...-of-the-one-v/

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mushat3k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TokedUp
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 852
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...urce-released/
Samsung Galaxy S III VZW, Rooted, UNLOCKED, Blue, 16gb Int, 64gbExt
[ROM] [OFFICIAL ROM] [AOSPA] [D2LTE] ParanoidAndroid by Ayysir
[Kernel] Lean Kernel by Imoseyon http://rootzwiki.com/topic/32286-ker...listic-kernel/
www.TOOLBAND.com
Lets Go Yankees!
Duck Hunt apk from NES (Hit the Thanks button): http://d-h.st/Uag

The Following User Says Thank You to TokedUp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17,074

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokedUp View Post
its a common misconception that one v kernel source will make a difference...it really wont for the vast majority of rom porters....i suppose its possible (though unlikely) that some kernel dev can pull and backport some stuff

but its not gonna magically fix things

the phones that will eventually have the most functional (or already have them) sense 4 ports are ones that have or will get official ics from htc/carriers and get source for 3.xx kernels

the best that non official ics htc phones can do is probably the current state of say the dhd/msm7x30 ports using the .35 kernels

newtoroot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18,734

DONATE TO ME
If I get time this week ill take a look at this... But I'm almost 90% sure it'll never boot on the older hw.... If it does boot what it will take to boot it will make it so unstable that it won't be usable at all, but ill check it out for you guys

Sent from my OnE XxX using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to newtoroot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hero
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,794

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoroot View Post
If I get time this week ill take a look at this... But I'm almost 90% sure it'll never boot on the older hw.... If it does boot what it will take to boot it will make it so unstable that it won't be usable at all, but ill check it out for you guys

Sent from my OnE XxX using Tapatalk
That's unfortunate to hear

Well anyway, I've been trying really hard to get this to work, but have continuously ended up at dead ends. In any case, do you perhaps know what this error is related to? Framework.jar?

Code:
W/dalvikvm(  840): No implementation found for native Landroid/content/res/AssetManager;.setConfigurationForHtc (IILjava/lang/String;IIIIIIIIIIIIIII)V
W/dalvikvm(  840): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Landroid/database/sqlite/SQLiteDatabase;
E/SqliteDatabaseCpp(  840): Can't find SQLiteDatabase.mNativeHandle

newtoroot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18,734

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureMotive View Post
That's unfortunate to hear

Well anyway, I've been trying really hard to get this to work, but have continuously ended up at dead ends. In any case, do you perhaps know what this error is related to? Framework.jar?

Code:
W/dalvikvm(  840): No implementation found for native Landroid/content/res/AssetManager;.setConfigurationForHtc (IILjava/lang/String;IIIIIIIIIIIIIII)V
W/dalvikvm(  840): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Landroid/database/sqlite/SQLiteDatabase;
E/SqliteDatabaseCpp(  840): Can't find SQLiteDatabase.mNativeHandle
Yea its looking for a lib that you musta changed... That's the problem see you need to use certain libs to boot on the inc that will not work on the new native structure... It would take someone who is a lib genius to patch the inc dependant libs to have the methods that this Rom is looking for

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Hero
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,794

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoroot View Post
Yea its looking for a lib that you musta changed... That's the problem see you need to use certain libs to boot on the inc that will not work on the new native structure... It would take someone who is a lib genius to patch the inc dependant libs to have the methods that this Rom is looking for

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Hmm okay. That's a little bit of a problem for me though since I don't exactly know what libs to change. Mostly trial and error...

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
shaky156 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Booted mwahjahahaa

Sent from my Desire HD

Hero
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,794

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaky156 View Post