Clarrifcation - LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62, 2.3.4

Tip us?

addictedtopain
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Clarrifcation - LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62, 2.3.4

Hello,

Been looking around on the forums, and kinda got a jist of how this works for the ARC, I've rooted my own Samsung galaxy S2, but Im trying to do the same for a friend.

as mentioned hes currently running 2.3.4 on LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62. From what I've read you have to downgrade to .42? if the bootloader is locked. however it it is unlocked (which I think it is/is unlockable) then what do I do next?

I plan to root the phone then probably install cyanogen mod on it instead.

Thanks

zolaisugly
Old
Thanks Meter 690
You got 3 options with unlocked bootloader

1 you can still down grade to .42 then root with either flashtools or with zergrush easy root method.

2 with unlocked bootloader flash a custom kernel that has root already. Ie doomlords

What ever you do if I bootloader is unlocked r do not update over the air as this will brick you phone.

3 Out perhaps another option would be to flash ics room and get root very easy look for binary part in dev section.

Hope this helps

Sent from my LT18i using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to zolaisugly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

addictedtopain
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks! just what I needed.

Im going to Flash to .62 pre-rooted then install clockwork mod and titanium backup then flash to Cyanogenmod.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolaisugly View Post
You got 3 options with unlocked bootloader

1 you can still down grade to .42 then root with either flashtools or with zergrush easy root method.

2 with unlocked bootloader flash a custom kernel that has root already. Ie doomlords

What ever you do if I bootloader is unlocked r do not update over the air as this will brick you phone.

3 Out perhaps another option would be to flash ics room and get root very easy look for binary part in dev section.

Hope this helps

Sent from my LT18i using XDA App