5,598,938 Members 31,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] HTC G2 and Desire Z MIUI.us Presents Pure English AOSP MIUI Fresh On Fridays

Tip us?

ptaylor09
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrho View Post
It looks like these guys don't support their MIUI flavor for our G2, as it's not showing up on their site. I posted a question on Google+ about this directed at them, asked them via Twitter, and no one from MIUI.us has responded to me about this. There's a thread over in their forums about this too, and no response. Total joke that they can't respond to this, but yet they're still making ROMs for many other devices. Luckily, MIUI has never been my DD, but it would be nice to have a fully functioning bug-free MIUI product as I'd like to use it as my DD.
They already have a bug free version, that's why its not on there any more. Cuz version 3-30-12 is so stable they aren't doing any more to it. And I've been using it since they have released it and not a single problem, so why update if not needed.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA Premium App

dustrho
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaylor09 View Post
They already have a bug free version, that's why its not on there any more. Cuz version 3-30-12 is so stable they aren't doing any more to it. And I've been using it since they have released it and not a single problem, so why update if not needed.

Where's the link to download it, and if MIUI keeps releasing updates then why not include those?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (rooted, stock)
Follow me on Google+ and Twitter

ptaylor09
Old
(Last edited by ptaylor09; 19th April 2012 at 06:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrho View Post
Where's the link to download it, and if MIUI keeps releasing updates then why not include those?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
Idk what they did with the link but I have the file. N the only reason I c they didn't include it in the update is they don't want to. They are concerned about stability, which it is, and miui v4 now.

Here is the link to 2.3.30 which is the latest/last for the g2/desire z. http://db.tt/1L0nSEsP

92165316668bcded38c9772643cc2e4b

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ptaylor09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

magic_android
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Idk what they did with the link but I have the file. N the only reason I c they didn't include it in the update is they don't want to. They are concerned about stability, which it is, and miui v4 now.

Here is the link to 2.3.30 which is the latest/last for the g2/desire z. http://db.tt/1L0nSEsP

92165316668bcded38c9772643cc2e4b

Is that the fully translated version that has no chinese?

silverton
Old
Thanks Meter 118

DONATE TO ME
Actually. Not with this release, but the last, miuiandroid did a blog post about the DesireZ and a couple other phones having trouble, so they discontinued development.

http://miuiandroid.com/community/thr...-ics-gb.16068/

Quote:
This week Google Nexus One, Samsung T959, Desire Z and I897 will not be published for GB, this is largely down to stability of the ROM now.
I'm not sure if that means that it IS stable, or if it became too UNstable...
LG Nexus 4 (mako)
Rom: CyanogenMod 11 Nightly
Modem: 33/98 hybrid

ptaylor09
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_android View Post
Is that the fully translated version that has no chinese?
I haven't seen any Chinese.

ptaylor09
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Actually. Not with this release, but the last, miuiandroid did a blog post about the DesireZ and a couple other phones having trouble, so they discontinued development.

http://miuiandroid.com/community/thr...-ics-gb.16068/

Quote:
This week Google Nexus One, Samsung T959, Desire Z and I897 will not be published for GB, this is largely down to stability of the ROM now.
I'm not sure if that means that it IS stable, or if it became too UNstable...
"LARGLY DOWN TO STABILITY OF ROM NOW" the 2.3.30 rom is stable so they feel no need to update it.

silverton
Old
Thanks Meter 118

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
"LARGLY DOWN TO STABILITY OF ROM NOW" the 2.3.30 rom is stable so they feel no need to update it.

The wording they use could actually go either way... They're still updating and adding features for the other phones... so I don't see why the DesireZ shouldn't get those updates as well.
LG Nexus 4 (mako)

ptaylor09
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverton View Post
The wording they use could actually go either way... They're still updating and adding features for the other phones... so I don't see why the DesireZ shouldn't get those updates as well.
Why do we need the update if the rom is stable? That's what devs try to do. Make a stable rom that wont give flashers problems. And that's what they have done. Be happy we don't have to wait any longer like other phones. And what features do they have that we don't?

silverton
Old
Thanks Meter 118

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Why do we need the update if the rom is stable? That's what devs try to do. Make a stable rom that wont give flashers problems. And that's what they have done. Be happy we don't have to wait any longer like other phones. And what features do they have that we don't?

it's all the same base rom, so I can't see why the optimizations that the other roms are getting, wouldn't apply to our rom as well. I can see both your view point, and mine. Mine being jonesing for an update to flash!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA
LG Nexus 4 (mako)

Tags
desire z, miui, miui.us