FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Data drops

134 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By gobi42, Senior Member on 18th February 2012, 04:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th April 2012, 03:07 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
That was rather painless. I called 611 and told them I needed to talk to a Tier 2 tech support. Told them I've been expiring major problems with the Bionic dropping data over the last 6 months. Went into further detail that there have been a few Motorola patches addressing the data issue but it didn't help and just told them that I was frustrated with the phone. I asked if I could exchange to another model and told them I had no problems with my Rezound. They said they could exchange a Rezound for me and I even asked if the Galaxy Nexus was possible and they said they could do that too. I ended up choosing the Rezound though. Shipped via FedEX overnight to me with battery and cover.
 
 
20th April 2012, 05:19 PM |#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Basically just traded my Thunderbolt (purchased through VZW) for a Bionic (which I'm sure was purchased through VZW intitially...just not by me), and it has data drops...gonna try my luck with VZW support, after all, they do want me as a customer...
20th April 2012, 07:18 PM |#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
The Bionic was purchased through Costco. I'm surprised they replaced it with no questions asked.
21st April 2012, 12:07 AM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Probably since it is under manufacturer's warranty, so Verizon doesn't have to pick up the tab on it. Gonna try for a G'nex or RAZR...but I'd be happy with a Rezound...
21st April 2012, 01:23 AM |#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Never had a problem until the last update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21st April 2012, 03:05 PM |#36  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
So far they've suggested a new SIM card. Phone wasn't fully activated (and even the IMEI still says it's a Thunderbolt to them...which doesn't make any sense since checkesnfree.com showed it as a clean Bionic), so they think since my SIM card is listed as a "cancel" status tha tit's the issue. Oh well, now my Bionic is in their system, so if it doesn't work...here's hoping for a Rezound or G'Nex...
21st April 2012, 11:17 PM |#37  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares

That was rather painless. I called 611 and told them I needed to talk to a Tier 2 tech support. Told them I've been expiring major problems with the Bionic dropping data over the last 6 months. Went into further detail that there have been a few Motorola patches addressing the data issue but it didn't help and just told them that I was frustrated with the phone. I asked if I could exchange to another model and told them I had no problems with my Rezound. They said they could exchange a Rezound for me and I even asked if the Galaxy Nexus was possible and they said they could do that too. I ended up choosing the Rezound though. Shipped via FedEX overnight to me with battery and cover.

Was this after having called them multiple times on the issue? Is it a refurb they are sending you? I might have to try this. I love the Bionic, but it's basically a dead phone as far as development.
24th April 2012, 03:21 AM |#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrojoe14

Was this after having called them multiple times on the issue? Is it a refurb they are sending you? I might have to try this. I love the Bionic, but it's basically a dead phone as far as development.

Only one phone call. Didn't even need to threaten to leave Verizon or anything. Just told them all the updates don't help and I'm frustrated. It's refurb but in better condition than a 6 month old Bionic.
7th June 2012, 01:39 PM |#39  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thumbs up Bionic 3g/4g is not working (DROP) "FIX"
After searching around a few days for solution n test many apk and many many methods... Finally found the fix.

Just download "BionicTCP" from market (Play Store) (REQUIRES ROOT), and click on "Large TCP Buffers". It makes my Bionic xt875 3G/4G NO DROP AT ALL.

*BionicTCP : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ilis.bionictcp
or directly from : http://spirilis.net/junk/android/BionicTCP.apk
By: SPIRILIS
The Following User Says Thank You to ciling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2012, 08:48 PM |#40  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Having the same data drop problems as everyone else; now trying this fix. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
17th June 2012, 09:26 PM |#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciling

After searching around a few days for solution n test many apk and many many methods... Finally found the fix.

Just download "BionicTCP" from market (Play Store) (REQUIRES ROOT), and click on "Large TCP Buffers". It makes my Bionic xt875 3G/4G NO DROP AT ALL.

*BionicTCP : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ilis.bionictcp
or directly from : http://spirilis.net/junk/android/BionicTCP.apk
By: SPIRILIS

Dunno if it helps with data drops yet..but I got my first 30mb down/ 15mb up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes