Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 9 (08/12/2012)

OP locerra

20th April 2012, 11:44 AM   |  #191  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5

56 posts
More
Hi ohanar,

just read about you comments re wifi, just read the following that may be of use to you. pretty hard to troubleshot with out logcat. i'm sure you are on it. Just some food for thought.

http://blog.linuxconsulting.ro/2010/...o-android.html

dalingrin the dev who worked on HP touchpad maybe be able to assist you, from memory wifi gave them heaps trouble when they initially setup cm7 port. It seems it still remains somewhat buggy to this day.
Last edited by kassemja; 20th April 2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo*
20th April 2012, 01:48 PM   |  #192  
Thanks Meter: 241

1,143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locerra

making progress -- i can now see the device, and interact with it, but i can't get wpa_supplicant to start

the unfortunate thing about the wifi is that the driver is too new to be bundled with the hc kernel, so samsung didn't release any source for their modifications to the opensource driver (and breaking the GPL in not doing so)

Did you try the wpa_supplicant fix i pointed you to in a email?
20th April 2012, 02:06 PM   |  #193  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,019

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
what wpa_supplicant fix? you just mentioned that you had a build with modifications that should fix wifi.

FYI, the module that i have (that is giving me an actual device with netcfg) is based on the ath6kl driver -- not the ar6000.

Also, the cm build system added support for building the kernel+modules inline (i.e. when you mka bacon), and I added support for our devices using this method. It creates working (non-bloated) modules, in case you were having issues getting them to work. I'm pretty sure my build instructions are up to date.
20th April 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #194  
Thanks Meter: 241

1,143 posts
More
Quote:

what wpa_supplicant fix? you just mentioned that you had a build with modifications that should fix wifi.

FYI, the module that i have (that is giving me an actual device with netcfg) is based on the ath6kl driver -- not the ar6000.

Also, the cm build system added support for building the kernel+modules inline (i.e. when you mka bacon), and I added support for our devices using this method. It creates working (non-bloated) modules, in case you were having issues getting them to work. I'm pretty sure my build instructions are up to date.

I'm almost certain i sent you a link to the modifications i tried.

I've been very busy with real life this week, so i haven't even had time to test the last kernel you sent me. Is this kernel still up to date or do you have something newer?
20th April 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #195  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 5

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furius

hurray!

Count me in for testing, don't have dev abilities.

waiting for first booting CM9

likewise, I can test. currently using galaxy nexus daily and have shelved my p6800 until some baller releases a 4.0 rom for it
21st April 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #196  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike

I'm almost certain i sent you a link to the modifications i tried.

Maybe you did, but I can't find them. Would you mind resending them?
Quote:

I've been very busy with real life this week, so i haven't even had time to test the last kernel you sent me. Is this kernel still up to date or do you have something newer?

I've made a new kernel+modules and uploaded it to the same place -- also made a new build based off of our current sources if you want to see that.
21st April 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #197  
Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield IL
Thanks Meter: 655

1,129 posts
More
Oh, fyi. Phone/dialer issues may be partially caused by difference between the SGSII/NOTE's svnet modem driver being slightly different than ours. If you had not noticed, I thought I'd pass along. Noticed while tinkering with trying to get 1700 umts up on the euro note.

My Tab makes phone calls yo! (GT-P6800)
21st April 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #198  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
We actually configured the modem off of the galaxy tab 8.9 -- samsung changes libril dramatically with every version of android. Also the p6200 (galaxy tab 7+ 3g version) doesn't experience the same issue, and their configuration is nearly identical.

It is hard for me to work on gsm since I don't have a p6800 to test on (just have my p6810). The fact that it is working at all is thanks to posike.
21st April 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #199  
Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield IL
Thanks Meter: 655

1,129 posts
More
Quote:

We actually configured the modem off of the galaxy tab 8.9 -- samsung changes libril dramatically with every version of android. Also the p6200 (galaxy tab 7+ 3g version) doesn't experience the same issue, and their configuration is nearly identical.

It is hard for me to work on gsm since I don't have a p6800 to test on (just have my p6810). The fact that it is working at all is thanks to posike.

Anything you want me to do, I'll try. I don't have much more than a netbook for hardware, but ask and I'll do.

I'll start looking at 8.9 stuff too. Thanks for the info.

My Tab makes phone calls yo! (GT-P6800)
21st April 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #200  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 94

570 posts
More
Same here.. except i have a couple machines and a build environmemt already setup. My back ground is mostly os x/unix based, im very familiar with the terminal.. new to android, but here to help and further developmemt as best i can..

Sent from another Galaxy...
Tab 7.7 GT-P6800
Last edited by maconsultant; 21st April 2012 at 03:24 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread