Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free App for WiFi Tethering NO ROOT NECESSARY

Tip us?

Eyedoctor2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Free App for WiFi Tethering NO ROOT NECESSARY

FoxFi https://market.android.com/details?id=com.foxfi

Allows wifi tethering from most Samsung phones and Motorola phones, LG Optimus/Vortex/Ally, ZTE N762, HuaWei Comet. WiFi mode does NOT work on any HTC phones or the first Motorola Droid/Triumph, use Bluetooth mode instead.
You can connect from any tablets or computers. Access Point is infrastructure mode with WPA2 security.

And it's FREE!

Came across this after having problems with Barnacle and Wireless Tether after upgrading to ICS.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eyedoctor2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yukonking3
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I just downloaded and installed this on my LG Ally and it works great. The speed using the browser to surf the web is very good. I had started to use Verizon's hotspot and found out that it cost $20 a month I was sure glad that I found this app. Free is always better.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

AustinMartin
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Note: this does not work with 4G, at least with the Motorola Photon

gideo
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Barnacle didn't work with my tf at all but this works great with my HTC hd2 running miui.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

maxvsmith
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Glad this was posted. I have been using Foxfi for some time now and every update gets better and better. On my first bill I never recieved any overcharge so it is good. The only thing it does not do is allow you to kick off individual users who are connected. But you can easily change the password or shut it down to kick them off. I never used barnacle or the others but so far this has been my favorite.

I use it on my epic touch 4G. My TF101 has a bff for life.