Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,519 Members 42,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO] Modem files and info

Tip us?

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4772
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLongDong View Post
Seems like you understand signal stuff so I thought I might ask you this. What does it meant when NO PHONES can connect to your wireless router? Computers are able to access my router but no one can connect though the internet using their phones. Any ideas anyone?
Hmm, when I had that problem once it turned out that I had forgotten that I had configured a wireless access list on my router to prevent unwanted people from connecting. As soon as I disabled the access list then the phone connected right away. Then I was able to add the MAC address to the access list and re-enable it, but stay connected.
Donate to XDA! -- Please read and follow the XDA Rules -- Please

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!

derekny
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default adb devices

not seeing my phone? debugging is ticked....im sure im not doing something in command. any pointers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dir.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1016270  
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 stock

Nexus 7 32g Unlocked & Rooted -Stock Android 4.4.3
Stock Kernel

HTC Sensation CM-11 Android 4.4.4

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 539
Now trying the DisH3 update and matching the ro.ril.hspxa values in the build.prop file. So far So good
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!

derekny
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekny View Post
not seeing my phone? debugging is ticked....im sure im not doing something in command. any pointers?
think i figured what i was doing wrong, i needed to put contents of flashutils into phonetools not flashutils folder itself there.....where do i find serial #? attachment

edit I found it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newdir.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	1016300  

Stock Kernel

derekny
Old
(Last edited by derekny; 21st April 2012 at 12:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Default Ril file

can i just put ril file on sd and flash through recovery?

EDIT: check- i put ril zip into phonetools dir. and adb push sdcatd same as i did with PG58IMG file, then flash in recovery?

Stock Kernel

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4772
Quote:
can i just put ril file on sd and flash through recovery?

EDIT: check- i put ril zip into phonetools dir. and adb push sdcatd same as i did with PG58IMG file, then flash in recovery?
Yes, exactly. Copy to the root of the SD and flash in recovery.
Donate to XDA! -- Please read and follow the XDA Rules -- Please

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!
The Following User Says Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

derekny
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default stuck???

thought i did everything right flashed radio.rebooted phone then in command i did "adb push HTC-RIL_4.0.0017HMQ.zip/sdcard/HTC-RIL_4.0.0017HMQ.zip"....and it seemed as if it did what it was supposed to...ie same as PG58IMG zip (loads to sd?)...but then when i go into recovery selct which zip to flas, there is no HTC-RIL zip there?????

Stock Kernel

undercover
Old
Thanks Meter 4258
Quote:
thought i did everything right flashed radio.rebooted phone then in command i did "adb push HTC-RIL_4.0.0017HMQ.zip/sdcard/HTC-RIL_4.0.0017HMQ.zip"....and it seemed as if it did what it was supposed to...ie same as PG58IMG zip (loads to sd?)...but then when i go into recovery selct which zip to flas, there is no HTC-RIL zip there?????
Just put zip on sd and flash from recovery. No need to push it. Don't forget to mount /system.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

derekny
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default THANKs

thanks guys all seems to have went well...(almost becoming a pro at this lol) ill test er out!

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

just curious i flashed the 11.69A.3504.00_11.23.3504.07_M2 w/matching RIL....but when i go to settings>about phone- it shows 11.69.3504.00P_11022.3504.07_M ( i think that was the original)???? shouldnt that have changed?

Stock Kernel

rickyiswhite
Old
Thanks Meter 55
im posting this just to be safe...
i have the latest 3.32 (right?)
running Prime 5 with bricked kernel.

can I brick my phone by flashing these files? I'm running T-Mobile USA on East coast

just making sure help is appreciated

Sent from my Primed Sensation 4G with Beats Audio
Nexus 5
Kangakat 4.4.3
Franco R5_
V4A

Phone:HTC Sensation 4G
Rom:Extreme Sensation Power™2
Kernel:Bricked AOSP

Phone:HTC Dream(G1) (SOLD)
dwangs 1.6 rom

Phone:HTC Vision(G2) (DEAD)
ROM-xboarders56 stock/cyanogen mix
Kernel-Umaros
Launcher-Stock

Мать Россия!!!

Tags
flash, getril, mf2112, pg58img, radio, radio updates, reception, ril, sensation, sensation radio, signal strength, tmous, working radios