Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,756 Members 50,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anker 2050mAh extended battery (same back cover)

Tip us?
 
menaceinc
Old
#21  
menaceinc's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jan 2012
Thanks OP. Ordered
 
pimpsuprazx
Old
#22  
pimpsuprazx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 232
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Boondocks, FL
Just got mine today

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230762072146...84.m1497.l2649

will keep you guys updated on the battery life

and shipping was mighty fast considering I'm all the way in FL
 
xxjrsmith3xx
Old
#23  
xxjrsmith3xx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 583
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Corona
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
Just got mine today

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230762072146...84.m1497.l2649

will keep you guys updated on the battery life

and shipping was mighty fast considering I'm all the way in FL
Please let me know how it goes might as well pick one up. How it does voice calls and all thanks.
 
pimpsuprazx
Old
#24  
pimpsuprazx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 232
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Boondocks, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjrsmith3xx View Post
Please let me know how it goes might as well pick one up. How it does voice calls and all thanks.
it's not horrible so far, idled on edge for like an hour and still had 85%, but it hasn't went through it's power cycling process yet
 
jingletard
Old
#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Nov 2010
We both (me/wife) purchased the Anker 2050mAh batteries and quite honestly, it's hard to tell whether or not it's better than stock.

Reason being is that we've been through at least 3 different roms and the same amount of kernels since we got the phones. I will say that the Ankers don't abnormally discharge fast or anything and they're perfect for backup/primary batteries. The charger you get with them absolutely sucks, though, so I wouldn't rely on it at all.

They're a good buy and I definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a new battery. I don't think that extra bit of juice will matter all that much, but they're solid batteries for sure.
 
chhan02
Old
#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2011
just got mine in today. i ordered the 2 x 2050maH + charger for $16.99.

i am on Tuesday Blu Ray with DarksideX kernel.
:::setCPU:::
Main: 192MHz - 1512MHz (ondemand)
Profile Screen Off: 192-810MHz (powersave)
Profile Battery < 25%: 192-810MHz (ondemand)

i usually get 8-10hours on very heavy usage with the stock battery.
i will update in a week.
Killbynature Old
#27  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
Thanks for the rude response, but that wasn't the question
The question is will that battery fit the T989. I see the original battery linked says it fits the i727 and t989, but this is listed as the i727r. I don't know the variants of the skyrocket well, if at all, so my question is will the one I linked fit our devices.
Rogers lte exactly the same as our phone like the skyrocket. In design the battery should fit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...0c5ub38#t=128s he opens the phone the phone looks exactly like ours except for the back.

I'm buying one.
 
anhmuonm
Old
(Last edited by anhmuonm; 20th April 2012 at 09:03 PM.)
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 208
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Just got the two battery & a charger today 4/20/2012

First, thanks for posting the info about this Anker battery. I ordered 2 batteries w the charger thru amazon for $13.99 plus $1.22 tax and free shipping with other purchases. The order arrived today, 4/20/2012, at 11:30 am. I put one of the batteries in the my Tmobile GS2 at 11:56 am and it shows 64%. Now, 12:20 pm, and after a few group texts, it drops 57%. So I don't know if it were good or not! Oh, I also use Easy Battery Saver app, too. So, will have to see how it goes. Will report back.

Now at 1:00 pm, dropped down to 48%, only group texts, nothing else. So from 11:56 AM to 1:00 PM, dropped from 64% to 48%.
 
TeamHackura
Old
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 228
Join Date: Aug 2011
Wink battery

the battery has been working well for me. seems a lil better(maybe 10%). i use it as primary and carry stock as backup when i know i will not be by a charger for a while. on a side note: my powerskin failed after 3 weeks of use. rma took forever but it looks like they are going to send me replacement. just hope they dont ask that i prove i didnt buy it on ebay
 
rfail1988
Old
#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 225
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhmuonm View Post
First, thanks for posting the info about this Anker battery. I ordered 2 batteries w the charger thru amazon for $13.99 plus $1.22 tax and free shipping with other purchases. The order arrived today, 4/20/2012, at 11:30 am. I put one of the batteries in the my Tmobile GS2 at 11:56 am and it shows 64%. Now, 12:20 pm, and after a few group texts, it drops 57%. So I don't know if it were good or not! Oh, I also use Easy Battery Saver app, too. So, will have to see how it goes. Will report back.

Now at 1:00 pm, dropped down to 48%, only group texts, nothing else. So from 11:56 AM to 1:00 PM, dropped from 64% to 48%.
Its a BRAND NEW battery... Dont report on how it performs unless you have gone through a few charge/discharge cycles. your post could mislead those that dont know any better!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Tags
2050mah, anker, extended
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes