Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,421 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery/Kernel Dilema Advice/assitance

Tip us?

jaywillsoul
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I've been running EaglesBlood ICS 4.0.3 which comes with 2.6.32.58-egb-faux kernel. Ill be honest my battery out lives all the other rom/kernel combos I've tried. However, I have noticed that if you dont reboot your phone every so often it will do so for you in the middle of an important phone call.

EEngineer
Old
(Last edited by EEngineer; 21st April 2012 at 01:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 122
Cool Salute the Kernels

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathskater View Post
Thought so "( Either way With what Kernel could I get the best out of hellfire phoenix 2.1? Also I'm confused on some things like with the trinity ELP kernel it says it's 1.1ghz/UC does that mean it is undervolted while being overclocked by 100mhz (just making sure) also in CM settings I have the option of setting the cpu speed.. now if I set it lets sayy 750mhz is it also undervolting it?
You won't find many people that understand kernels. "Just install and try it" means "I don't know what I'm doing"

I'm on CM7 #225 Nightly with Trinity ELP kernel and Pimp My CPU. Trinity permits undervolting and overclocking to 1.1GHz, but you can't take advantage of that unless you install Pimp My CPU. (I had SetCPU but it crashed with Trinity and the developer stopped answering my emails.)

Pimp My CPU has automatic profiles that vary your voltage with your CPU speed. So when your CPU chooses to run at 1GHz, Pimp My CPU sets the voltage to 925mV, and when the CPU drops down to 432 MMHz Trinity drops your voltage down to 775mV. This behavior boosted my battery life from from a day to over two days.

You can also set custom profiles for applications. I set profiles for video player MX Player and my camera LGCamera to 1.1GHz (You have to manually set 1.1GHz in Pimp My CPU).

I also set a profile for Screen Off, of Max=432MHz and Min=216MHz. Big improvement on battery life regardless of kernel. You can also set profiles for different battery levels (100%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%)

The kernel also includes camera drivers and my camera takes better photos with Trinity.

It's a good idea to reboot every time you charge to 100% or your phone may reboot for you, regardless of kernel.
1. Daily Driver: LG G3 D851, rooted, Android Firewall
. ..Previous: LG G2x T-Mobile, rooted, running CM7 Nightly-20130301Trinity T15 kernel, Holo Launcher Plus
2. T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - Android 4.1.2. Rooted, DroidWall

Sandisk MicroSD Card Reference

Hit THANKS if I helped!

IRASadPanda
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post
You won't find many people that understand kernels. "Just install and try it" means "I don't know what I'm doing"

I'm on CM7 #225 Nightly with Trinity ELP kernel and Pimp My CPU. Trinity permits undervolting and overclocking to 1.1GHz, but you can't take advantage of that unless you install Pimp My CPU. (I had SetCPU but it crashed with Trinity and the developer stopped answering my emails.)

Pimp My CPU has automatic profiles that vary your voltage with your CPU speed. So when your CPU chooses to run at 1GHz, Pimp My CPU sets the voltage to 925mV, and when the CPU drops down to 432 MMHz Trinity drops your voltage down to 775mV. This behavior boosted my battery life from from a day to over two days.

You can also set custom profiles for applications. I set profiles for video player MX Player and my camera LGCamera to 1.1GHz (You have to manually set 1.1GHz in Pimp My CPU).

I also set a profile for Screen Off, of Max=432MHz and Min=216MHz. Big improvement on battery life regardless of kernel. You can also set profiles for different battery levels (100%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%)

The kernel also includes camera drivers and my camera takes better photos with Trinity.

It's a good idea to reboot every time you charge to 100% or your phone may reboot for you, regardless of kernel.
SetCPU works fine for me with Trinity and so do the options in CM settings.

Sent from Narnia
The sun is slowly fallin', we all should surely die eventually.
So what's your calling? Oh, you left your phone behind?