Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 55,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Tip us?
 
tutchthesky7
Old
#271  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 151
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Installation aborted?

for somereason any time i try to flash the Kitchensink 1.1 or 1.11 my installation aborts through CWM, any suggestions?
 
monzttr
Old
#272  
monzttr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 173
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fresno
Sounds like you have a bad download, have tried downloading the file again? It should be ~298MB.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
 
Always_Jonezen
Old
(Last edited by Always_Jonezen; 21st April 2012 at 02:04 AM.)
#273  
Always_Jonezen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 217
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl-soldier View Post
Sounds like the installer is installing the 1.45GHz kernel no matter what is selected. Whatever the case, you can just download and flash the kernel you want separately.
I chose try the 1.3GHz kernel and I got 1.3GHz
Hit the Thanks button if I have helped Always_Jonezen
 
sendust7
Old
(Last edited by sendust7; 21st April 2012 at 02:07 AM.) Reason: Clarify.
#274  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 774
Posts: 342
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutchthesky7 View Post
for somereason any time i try to flash the Kitchensink 1.1 or 1.11 my installation aborts through CWM, any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Jonezen View Post
I chose try the 1.3GHz kernel and that's what I got
[EDIT] I got stuck in a CWM boot loop after flashing 1.45GHz v4 over KS 1.11. I got out of the loop by re-flashing KS 1.11 zip from CWM.

I don't recall any of my 1.11 installs aborting, even with just KS auto cache wipe (no data wipe).

Maybe run md5 checksum on your KS 1.1x zip.

Hope this helps
 
ATRIXXIRTA
Old
#275  
ATRIXXIRTA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 723
Posts: 2,362
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Shangri-La Motel
Anyone know why i cant upload my screenshots?

They are in .png format and are less than the 260kb limit.

But each time i try to upload them it says "upload failed"

I wanna post some screen shots of my Orange and Black keyboard and my soft key buttons!

I flashed v1.11 over v1 (i skipped v1.1 all together due to symtax errors).
Chose the no wipe option, soft keys, tweaked build props, 1.3ghz kernel, orange and black keyboard, beats audio, search key remap and most other extras. Did not choose to use the browser rotation fix as it states there are still bugs. Same with Neutrino keyboard. Didnt choose it because some people were reporting bugs.

Notes: -No beats audio , Chose 1.3 kernel and got 1.45.
- Soft keys work, search key remap works. Wifi, bluetooth and
network connection is fine.

Other than the kernel and no beats audio this are looking fantastic!

I was happy to see the wallpapers I had posted as an APK file earlier

If you just hold down on the homescreen until wallpaper option pops up you wont find them in there. You have to go to Settings>System>Wallpapers>ICS Wallpapers

Some of the nicer ones out there

Nice work joker and im looking forward to your next alpha!
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

 
th3xeroeagle
Old
#276  
th3xeroeagle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 335
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
Anyone know why i cant upload my screenshots?

They are in .png format and are less than the 260kb limit.

But each time i try to upload them it says "upload failed"

I wanna post some screen shots of my Orange and Black keyboard and my soft key buttons!

I flashed v1.11 over v1 (i skipped v1.1 all together due to symtax errors).
Chose the no wipe option, soft keys, tweaked build props, 1.3ghz kernel, orange and black keyboard, beats audio, search key remap and most other extras. Did not choose to use the browser rotation fix as it states there are still bugs. Same with Neutrino keyboard. Didnt choose it because some people were reporting bugs.

Notes: -No beats audio , Chose 1.3 kernel and got 1.45.
- Soft keys work, search key remap works. Wifi, bluetooth and
network connection is fine.

Other than the kernel and no beats audio this are looking fantastic!

I was happy to see the wallpapers I had posted as an APK file earlier

If you just hold down on the homescreen until wallpaper option pops up you wont find them in there. You have to go to Settings>System>Wallpapers>ICS Wallpapers

Some of the nicer ones out there

Nice work joker and im looking forward to your next alpha!
You need to post as. Jpeg

Oh ps: the notorious keyboard keeps fcing? Yea or else the roms cool

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
 
ATRIXXIRTA
Old
#277  
ATRIXXIRTA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 723
Posts: 2,362
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Shangri-La Motel
Also, if your installing the soft keys, there is no point to choosing to remap the search key because the soft keys come with a recent apps button already, and if you hold down the home button it takes you to recents as well..........so now i have 3 ways of doing it, lol

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xeroeagle View Post
You need to post as. Jpeg

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
is it as simple as renaming the file or do i have to convert it to jpeg somehow?

my phone saves screenshots as .png
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

 
th3xeroeagle
Old
#278  
th3xeroeagle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 335
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
Also, if your installing the soft keys, there is no point to choosing to remap the search key because the soft keys come with a recent apps button already, and if you hold down the home button it takes you to recents as well..........so now i have 3 ways of doing it, lol

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------



is it as simple as renaming the file or do i have to convert it to jpeg somehow?

my phone saves screenshots as .png
I dont think renaming changes it i use my pc to "save as" jpeg

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
 
ATRIXXIRTA
Old
#279  
ATRIXXIRTA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 723
Posts: 2,362
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Shangri-La Motel
Downloading AVS Image Converter >_<
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

 
stl-soldier
Old
#280  
stl-soldier's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 459
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutchthesky7 View Post
for somereason any time i try to flash the Kitchensink 1.1 or 1.11 my installation aborts through CWM, any suggestions?
If you can, connect to WiFi when downloading anything important. Cell data is less reliable. Be sure to check MD5 before flashing.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes