Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,522 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ICS][AOKP/Gummy/CNA/CM9 Kang] Discussion Thread

Tip us?

baron4406
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Builds are ok, but for me something is always broken. Was on 31 but BLN never worked for SMS. Now on build 32 and BLN works, but the phone no longer auto rotates. Just stays in profile mode. Still the phone works pretty good. Its gonna stink next month when i get my upgrade unless i get the Nexus (which did NOT impress me at the store) I'll be taking a big downgrade in ROM's lol. Been fighting with rooting and custom ROM's for two years now i might just leave my next phone stock.

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Thanks Meter 3,909

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron4406 View Post
Builds are ok, but for me something is always broken. Was on 31 but BLN never worked for SMS. Now on build 32 and BLN works, but the phone no longer auto rotates. Just stays in profile mode. Still the phone works pretty good. Its gonna stink next month when i get my upgrade unless i get the Nexus (which did NOT impress me at the store) I'll be taking a big downgrade in ROM's lol. Been fighting with rooting and custom ROM's for two years now i might just leave my next phone stock.
Turn it to auto rotate in apex luancher settings

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron4406 View Post
Sounds like a bad case of USER ERROR!
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE
The Following User Says Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CA_Trojan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Build 32

So seems like build 32 has had some issues? Reading mixed reviews on different sites.

Is the glitched up build much better? Also where is a good place to post suggestions? I'd love to see the camera enhanced closer to the Camera ICS app.
And I have noticed MMS seems to be a little slow but I'm still on Build 31.

Overall love the ROM. Hope AOKP keeps improving. What's the thought on some of the other ICS builds out there?

baron4406
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen.k.spear View Post
Turn it to auto rotate in apex luancher settings

LOL uh not a newbie here. Checked every setting under the sun including that. Tried Nova launcher too no dice. No biggie I'd rather have BLN rather than auto rotate

AuroEdge
Old
Thanks Meter 30
What do the new autobrightness patches fix? I saw it mentioned they'd be in the next build

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Thanks Meter 3,909

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroEdge View Post
What do the new autobrightness patches fix? I saw it mentioned they'd be in the next build
there were only 4 values now we have 16ish just more bitterness values for it to choose from instead of 100 crazy bright to green hazing darkness.

Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet

bwt_3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezster View Post
I use the Google car home app in aokp and it works just fine. Found a flashable a zip somewhere a while back. When installing manually there are 2 apps - carhomegoogle.apk and carhomelauncher.apk. need both for it to work.
If you look at a more recent Gapps package, you only need the CarHomeGoogle.apk file. I finally got it installed after fixing adb (I needed to use Device Manager to point the device to Google's USB drivers rather than Samsung's). However, it's not clear whether or not the phone is charging when I'm using it to navigate in the car dock. I don't get the "charging" icon in the status bar, though if I go into device status it says that I'm charging. FWIW, it's a coin toss every time whether or not I have more or less charge after finishing my trip when I've used navigation in the car.

Is there any way to turn off haptic feedback for the app drawer? It's driving me crazy.

CA_Trojan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm still on build 31.

Has anyone had issues on not getting notifications for e-mail, and SMS? It seems to work fine sometimes and not notify me at all other times. Really weird. It'll start notifying me when I open the apps. Other times works just fine.

AuroEdge
Old
(Last edited by AuroEdge; 22nd April 2012 at 04:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
One thing I remember from the touchwiz roms was if you were in a bright area and covered the camera with your hand the screen would dim. I can't replicate this test on AOKP. This might explain why when I walk out of my dimly lit work building the screen has to be manually brightened.

Maybe I'm just holding it wrong