[ICS][AOKP/Gummy/CNA/CM9 Kang] Discussion Thread

OP droidstyle

19th April 2012, 11:49 PM   |  #261  
Thanks Meter: 7

153 posts
Builds are ok, but for me something is always broken. Was on 31 but BLN never worked for SMS. Now on build 32 and BLN works, but the phone no longer auto rotates. Just stays in profile mode. Still the phone works pretty good. Its gonna stink next month when i get my upgrade unless i get the Nexus (which did NOT impress me at the store) I'll be taking a big downgrade in ROM's lol. Been fighting with rooting and custom ROM's for two years now i might just leave my next phone stock.
20th April 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #262  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 3,909

1,616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron4406

Builds are ok, but for me something is always broken. Was on 31 but BLN never worked for SMS. Now on build 32 and BLN works, but the phone no longer auto rotates. Just stays in profile mode. Still the phone works pretty good. Its gonna stink next month when i get my upgrade unless i get the Nexus (which did NOT impress me at the store) I'll be taking a big downgrade in ROM's lol. Been fighting with rooting and custom ROM's for two years now i might just leave my next phone stock.

Turn it to auto rotate in apex luancher settings

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
20th April 2012, 04:15 AM   |  #263  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,399

6,143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron4406

Sounds like a bad case of USER ERROR!
The Following User Says Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 07:40 AM   |  #264  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Build 32
So seems like build 32 has had some issues? Reading mixed reviews on different sites.

Is the glitched up build much better? Also where is a good place to post suggestions? I'd love to see the camera enhanced closer to the Camera ICS app.
And I have noticed MMS seems to be a little slow but I'm still on Build 31.

Overall love the ROM. Hope AOKP keeps improving. What's the thought on some of the other ICS builds out there?
20th April 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #265  
Thanks Meter: 7

153 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen.k.spear

Turn it to auto rotate in apex luancher settings

LOL uh not a newbie here. Checked every setting under the sun including that. Tried Nova launcher too no dice. No biggie I'd rather have BLN rather than auto rotate
20th April 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #266  
Thanks Meter: 30

467 posts
More
What do the new autobrightness patches fix? I saw it mentioned they'd be in the next build
21st April 2012, 01:33 AM   |  #267  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 3,909

1,616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroEdge

What do the new autobrightness patches fix? I saw it mentioned they'd be in the next build

there were only 4 values now we have 16ish just more bitterness values for it to choose from instead of 100 crazy bright to green hazing darkness.

21st April 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #268  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezster

I use the Google car home app in aokp and it works just fine. Found a flashable a zip somewhere a while back. When installing manually there are 2 apps - carhomegoogle.apk and carhomelauncher.apk. need both for it to work.

If you look at a more recent Gapps package, you only need the CarHomeGoogle.apk file. I finally got it installed after fixing adb (I needed to use Device Manager to point the device to Google's USB drivers rather than Samsung's). However, it's not clear whether or not the phone is charging when I'm using it to navigate in the car dock. I don't get the "charging" icon in the status bar, though if I go into device status it says that I'm charging. FWIW, it's a coin toss every time whether or not I have more or less charge after finishing my trip when I've used navigation in the car.

Is there any way to turn off haptic feedback for the app drawer? It's driving me crazy.
22nd April 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #269  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I'm still on build 31.

Has anyone had issues on not getting notifications for e-mail, and SMS? It seems to work fine sometimes and not notify me at all other times. Really weird. It'll start notifying me when I open the apps. Other times works just fine.
22nd April 2012, 04:03 AM   |  #270  
Thanks Meter: 30

467 posts
More
One thing I remember from the touchwiz roms was if you were in a bright area and covered the camera with your hand the screen would dim. I can't replicate this test on AOKP. This might explain why when I walk out of my dimly lit work building the screen has to be manually brightened.

Maybe I'm just holding it wrong
Last edited by AuroEdge; 22nd April 2012 at 04:16 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread