Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

(ROM)GALAXY TASK 14 Revamped! Slim & Fat (3.2) WIFI ONLY (2/10)

OP task650

20th April 2012, 11:38 PM   |  #7371  
Flag El Mirage
Thanks Meter: 157

457 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysherriff

Get what to work for you?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

The hide status bar app. Sorry for only stating in title.

I got it working now. I went back to root stock. I reflashed and reinstalled everything. This rom is the shizz nit! Great work task.
21st April 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #7372  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 390

1,399 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameChanger

The hide status bar app. Sorry for only stating in title.

I got it working now. I went back to root stock. I reflashed and reinstalled everything. This rom is the shizz nit! Great work task.

Ahh, title didn't show when I was viewing the thread via the XDA app. Odd, never noticed this before.
21st April 2012, 05:11 AM   |  #7373  
Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 5

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

ummm.... no. you dont need to flash a kernel to charge. it charges just fine. but if you want the option to charge via usb you will need to flash pershoots kernel. this issue you mentioned has nothing to do with this rom dude. it sounds to me like you have a defective usb port.

If that was the case, the kernal flash wouldn't have fixed it, nor would I have had any issues charging with the device off, or before the flash on your old rom, or a CM9 rom.

Like I said, You could see in the history it was charging fine and suddenly stopped charging. It was trying to identify the USB charger as a media device and share data with it.

It's fine now, I thought I'd share in-case there was an Issue. Didn't know I'd get an ass chewing for it too.
21st April 2012, 05:14 AM   |  #7374  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,851

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinhighwind

If that was the case, the kernal flash wouldn't have fixed it, nor would I have had any issues charging with the device off, or before the flash on your old rom, or a CM9 rom.

Like I said, You could see in the history it was charging fine and suddenly stopped charging. It was trying to identify the USB charger as a media device and share data with it.

It's fine now, I thought I'd share in-case there was an Issue. Didn't know I'd get an ass chewing for it too.

Ass chewing? From who? Not from me dude. Read my post again of you need to. But anyways. I stand by what I said. Its not the rom. You are the only one out of over 10,000 downloads to report it.

P.S- You shouldn't read too deep into things here in this thread. You took what i posted the wrong way obviously.
Last edited by task650; 21st April 2012 at 06:20 AM.
21st April 2012, 06:32 AM   |  #7375  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 390

1,399 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinhighwind

I read that you need to flash kernal to get to charge, even though it will charge USB with device off.

Okay, anyways, that's not the problem.
It wont charge from the wall!

It thinks the wall is a data port and keeps trying to talk to it. haha.

Anyone else had this happen?

The thing that is goofie about it is that it charged to 50-60% then just stopped and trys to communicate with any USB charger you plug it into.

So I turned it off and its charging fine now.
Restarting made no difference either.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Well, I updated the kernel and it fixed the issue, but it was still very weird that it would not charge from the wall.

If your wall charger isn't putting out the right amperage the tab won't believe it's an AC charger, and will treat it as if it's USB. You'll get the same reaction if you try and charge your tab off a normal phone charger. Something to check with a multi-meter maybe?

Edit: to explain further, the kernel mod allows a low-amp charge (such as the 500mA from a USB port). That might be why the kernel change then enabled charging via your wall adapter.
21st April 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #7376  
Thanks Meter: 208

385 posts
Just got my tab yesterday, got home, powered up, installed cwm and then task 14, I was only stock for about 1min!.

One thing I noticed though is that the WiFi bar in stock and your screenshot in the op is blue but grey in the Rom? No big deal though!

P.s. I'm I the only one whose battery indicator turns into a mail icon when they flash the stock theme in the 2nd post! LOL!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA
21st April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #7377  
Flag Chula Vista
Thanks Meter: 298

2,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryshark

Just got my tab yesterday, got home, powered up, installed cwm and then task 14, I was only stock for about 1min!.

One thing I noticed though is that the WiFi bar in stock and your screenshot in the op is blue but grey in the Rom? No big deal though!

P.s. I'm I the only one whose battery indicator turns into a mail icon when they flash the stock theme in the 2nd post! LOL!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

No you're not the only one and the signal will change color depending on your connection.
22nd April 2012, 01:26 PM   |  #7378  
Flag LÚvis
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
More
Finally, after tried few ics roms, i'm back with your rom task, it definetly the best out there for our tablet... Ics is great but there is too much instability and the lack of support for the camera sucks.

Thanks Task, i'm gonna send you my contribution.
22nd April 2012, 02:45 PM   |  #7379  
Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 5

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysherriff

If your wall charger isn't putting out the right amperage the tab won't believe it's an AC charger, and will treat it as if it's USB. You'll get the same reaction if you try and charge your tab off a normal phone charger. Something to check with a multi-meter maybe?

Edit: to explain further, the kernel mod allows a low-amp charge (such as the 500mA from a USB port). That might be why the kernel change then enabled charging via your wall adapter.

I'll accept the low amp charge statement. I should have thought more on that first.

However, 4 different chargers and it would only charge while the device was off.
But was charging earlier in the day and suddenly stopped charging.
22nd April 2012, 08:10 PM   |  #7380  
Flag austintown
Thanks Meter: 129

1,019 posts
More
This is a complete noob question lol but I never flashed a rom on my tab so what's the difference between the slim and fat version

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread