OP zedbra

17th April 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #111  
Flag Where The Sun Shines 95% of The Time
Thanks Meter: 67

510 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theonew

No, leave that.

imma take a wild guess and say that when i first plug the aria into my computer, htc sync will install? and after it does, uninstall it?
18th April 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #112  
Recognized Contributor
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,056

3,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baySF

imma take a wild guess and say that when i first plug the aria into my computer, htc sync will install? and after it does, uninstall it?

No, it will not be installed. You will have to manually download and install it. If you install it, uninstall it leaving the drivers (or you could just select drivers only for installation at the beginning of the installation).
18th April 2012, 02:49 AM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 544

1,726 posts
More
Just ignore any steps regarding HTC Sync. You do NOT need to install it for any reason. If you have it installed, uninstall it. If you don't have "HTC Driver Installer" listed in your add/remove programs list, then you should install this: http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe and that's it.
Last edited by drumist; 18th April 2012 at 02:52 AM.
21st April 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #114  

510 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumist

Just ignore any steps regarding HTC Sync. You do NOT need to install it for any reason. If you have it installed, uninstall it. If you don't have "HTC Driver Installer" listed in your add/remove programs list, then you should install this: http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe and that's it.

i successfully s-off'd but when i go to use revoked tool like mentioned and it gets all the way to the part where it says "running root..." it eventually says "error: failed to root. is ur firmware to new?". what do i do? is it my Hboot? my hboot says revolutionary at the top and its current version is HBOOT-6.02.1002
21st April 2012, 07:18 AM   |  #115  

1,726 posts
More
Quote:

i successfully s-off'd but when i go to use revoked tool like mentioned and it gets all the way to the part where it says "running root..." it eventually says "error: failed to root. is ur firmware to new?". what do i do? is it my Hboot? my hboot says revolutionary at the top and its current version is HBOOT-6.02.1002

I dunno what instructions you are following, but you should not be using Unrevoked.

Now that you have S-OFF, download the CWM version of your choice to your computer (latest here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=200)

To flash it, put your phone into fastboot mode (access from HBOOT menu), connect USB cable, then issue

Code:
fastboot flash recovery C:\path\to\recovery_liberty_5.0.2.8.img
from command line from your computer. If you don't already have the fastboot.exe command line tool, you can download it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1308537076
Last edited by drumist; 21st April 2012 at 07:20 AM.
21st April 2012, 11:11 AM   |  #116  

510 posts
Quote:

I dunno what instructions you are following, but you should not be using Unrevoked.

Now that you have S-OFF, download the CWM version of your choice to your computer (latest here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=200)

To flash it, put your phone into fastboot mode (access from HBOOT menu), connect USB cable, then issue

Code:
fastboot flash recovery C:\path\to\recovery_liberty_5.0.2.8.img
from command line from your computer. If you don't already have the fastboot.exe command line tool, you can download it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1308537076

is there another way to do this?? lol. its really frustrating. ive had this same struggle when i first rooted my phone and i cant get the cmd on my windows to flash the .img. im sure im doing something wrong though.

and idk what the fastboot.exe is for because whenever i click on it, it opens then instantly closes. i have SDK installed too.

EDIT: this might help u. i decided to go with CM7. i want that rom on this phone.
Last edited by baySF; 21st April 2012 at 11:17 AM.
21st April 2012, 11:36 AM   |  #117  

1,726 posts
More
Quote:

is there another way to do this?? lol. its really frustrating. ive had this same struggle when i first rooted my phone and i cant get the cmd on my windows to flash the .img. im sure im doing something wrong though.

and idk what the fastboot.exe is for because whenever i click on it, it opens then instantly closes. i have SDK installed too.

EDIT: this might help u. i decided to go with CM7. i want that rom on this phone.

Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794638

Flash the recovery img file using that.
21st April 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #118  

510 posts
Quote:

Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794638

Flash the recovery img file using that.

thank you. it worked that way. i have CM7 now. thanks for all ur guys work and keeping up with my nooby questions ( :

EDIT: i cant get passed the cyanogenmod bootanimation. ive even reflashed the rom and its doing the same thing. any help? i only wiped dalvike cache. i know its suppose to take a while when u do that but it was there for 20min+

EDIT 2: nvm got i to work. just had to wipe data and dalvike. woks fine now.
Last edited by baySF; 21st April 2012 at 04:33 PM.
30th April 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #119  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 30

96 posts
More
Hangs in Recovery mode
Hi,

I finally decided to get S-OFF for my Aria using the revolutionary method and i was able to get the S-OFF. I also opted to install the CWM that came along.
Now i can boot into the recovery mode and i can see the list of actions that can be performed (Reboot Now, Wipe data/Factory Reset, etc.) but when i select any of them the phone hangs and nothing comes up , and i can go the main menu of the recovery by pressing menu/back or power button..
because of this i dont have the SU permission yet (as i cannot install the su.zip nor nandroid restore cm7 nor install a new SU'd ROM)
I tried the cwm 5.0.2.3 version as well, but the same outcome..

Please Help!!
30th April 2012, 08:33 PM   |  #120  

1,726 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithAria

Hi,

I finally decided to get S-OFF for my Aria using the revolutionary method and i was able to get the S-OFF. I also opted to install the CWM that came along.
Now i can boot into the recovery mode and i can see the list of actions that can be performed (Reboot Now, Wipe data/Factory Reset, etc.) but when i select any of them the phone hangs and nothing comes up , and i can go the main menu of the recovery by pressing menu/back or power button..
because of this i dont have the SU permission yet (as i cannot install the su.zip nor nandroid restore cm7 nor install a new SU'd ROM)
I tried the cwm 5.0.2.3 version as well, but the same outcome..

Please Help!!

It's because you are trying to use the power button to select an entry, but that doesn't work in CWM. You need to press the trackball button to select an entry.

Pressing the power button just makes the menu disappear or reappear -- not sure why it does that actually.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drumist For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread