Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Will Manufacturers still make "small" phones like the sensation again?

20th April 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #11  
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 484

4,830 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbisw

My dream phone is a 4.3" with 720p display nonpentile. Metal body. Silver edges. 12mp camera like n8. S4 pro processor. 32 flash storage. A really nice audio board that supports surround. Course HDMI out. Android of course. And comes in variety of colors.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Its close to xperia s specs

20th April 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #12  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22VIN

Well, the unibody has one big advantage: the phone feels rock solid, the case won't make "squeaks" in time like the one on the Sensation does. But I can't stand the fact that I can't replace my damn battery.

Regarding screen size: for me 4.3" is big enough. 4.7" phones tend to be unconfortable in skinny jeans and hard to use single handed (ex: when you're behind the wheel).

Maybe it's a good thing if you can't use your phone behind the wheel. Most communications aren't that important that they can't wait until you're at your destination.
20th April 2012, 08:24 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 7

84 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sony is the only one who made a flagship 4.3" device with 720p screen I believe

HTC Rezound is 4.3" with 720p screen
20th April 2012, 11:33 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 183

1,695 posts
More
I think we can put in another way.
For me is a nonsense to talk about display size, because it can be a 4.3" but with a big bezel. ONE S has a bigger bezel for example (just go and read the dimensions, you'll see more mm than sensation). So the important thing is the overall dimension.
I think that the perfect phone has a 720p rgb full display (4.3, or 4.5 with no bezel I don't care), with a removable long lasting battery and with dimensions smaller than 64*125.
20th April 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 7

69 posts
Sealed it better. It means the battery can be bigger while the phone remains skinny. It's not like you can't use an external battery anyway.
20th April 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #16  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 64

446 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooster

I think we can put in another way.
For me is a nonsense to talk about display size, because it can be a 4.3" but with a big bezel. ONE S has a bigger bezel for example (just go and read the dimensions, you'll see more mm than sensation). So the important thing is the overall dimension.
I think that the perfect phone has a 720p rgb full display (4.3, or 4.5 with no bezel I don't care), with a removable long lasting battery and with dimensions smaller than 64*125.

Whit the bezel getting too thin, problems arise. You will, unintentionally touch the screen with the side of your palm and it will be more likely to break it.

For me, the sensation has the perfect size. This trend for bigger and bigger screens is just madness. If I want a big screen, I just grab my tablet and give that a go.
20th April 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 183

1,695 posts
More
You're right, but first I think that they could develop some kind ok sensor technology able to distinguish when you're just holding it and when you mean to touch it, second if it's impossible to reduce the bezel, well okay just make the screen smaller to fit 64x125

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA
21st April 2012, 01:42 AM   |  #18  
Flag Hartford, CT
Thanks Meter: 112

615 posts
More
Quote:

My dream phone is a 4.3" with 720p display nonpentile. Metal body. Silver edges. 12mp camera like n8. S4 pro processor. 32 flash storage. A really nice audio board that supports surround. Course HDMI out. Android of course. And comes in variety of colors.

Sounds like a very nice phone lpl

Sent From My HTC Sensation 4G
21st April 2012, 04:51 AM   |  #19  
Flag Riverside CA
Thanks Meter: 9

124 posts
More
in terms of smaller housing on phone you guys need to remember that it needs to pass drop tests. that is the reason verizon didn't get the original razer. when moto brought it to verizon they took it at waist height and dropped it on the floor and the demo broke. it was rejected until it could pass their drop tests which were the strictest in the industry next to nextel. since then they have drastically reduced their drop test criteria. strength of the bezel is part of that test. they can create a super thin fast badass phone but it it breaks on a 1 foot drop then it will meet with bitching and complaining from everyone. the one s seems to be a nice combination of small and strong.
21st April 2012, 09:46 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 94

1,521 posts
More
The xperia s has the same CPU as the sensation

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread