Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which touchscreen driver should be supported?
default 81 37.16%
caveman 123 56.42%
other (please post) 22 10.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[KERNEL] candied(Ice) (2.6.35) | candiedIce V3 (3.0.8)

OP DJNoXD

20th April 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #201  
DJNoXD's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,178
 
1,071 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Donate to Me
More
Please test about the cpufreq issue.
I think that is the most important.

Camera flicker should also be gone (please test).

As I told if cpufreq is stable, I will create version as normal.

And yes, vsync is on. (will also create the off version later)

Did anybody here now if it is a problem to use touchscreendriver as module?
20th April 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #202  
Senior Member
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 172
 
769 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlt96

Comparing results with data on to results with airplane mode is bull****... and you do 3 test of each, make an average, not 2 tests in total, in totally different conditions... this is why I hate you benchmark guys..

What i am really concern about is the SDCARD read/write speed bro, don't something bull****.. .i am really offended of what you said to me..

And i tested roq's kernel at the same day,same rom.etc..tested it also about 5 times using conservative and smartassv2

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by dnle71; 20th April 2012 at 06:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dnle71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #203  
Senior Member
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 172
 
769 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Delete
20th April 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #204  
DJNoXD's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,178
 
1,071 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Donate to Me
More
Be patient. New kernel is coming.
I know that v2.0 (keep in mind its still for testing) is not on the level of 1.4.
All the patches / fixes / improovment must be implemented again (if they don't cause any problem).
That why I started new.

I also understand that some "problems" are important to some of you and its hard for you to wait. But nobody wants a fast kernel that drains the battery.

For the moment:
If you can't wait, please use the old kernel.
If you live (at the moment) without all patches, ... and you want to help, take the testing v2.0.1
20th April 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #205  
DJNoXD's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,178
 
1,071 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Donate to Me
More
I can create a version which has lots of improvements in it again.
If you tell me cpufreq is realy working fine again I could upload it for you.

about vsync:
The v2.0.x versions are compiled with vsync on.
Programs can override that (you know that from windows games). Neocore did that. With vsyncOn I got 71fps.
There is also something inside the code, which I understand like you can toggle.
Can anyone confirm that?

If thats true and I don't fail about that, my opinion is that vsync should be on and apps has to decide to override it with fault.
20th April 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #206  
Senior Member
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 172
 
769 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNoXD

Be patient. New kernel is coming.
I know that v2.0 (keep in mind its still for testing) is not on the level of 1.4.
All the patches / fixes / improovment must be implemented again (if they don't cause any problem).
That why I started new.

I also understand that some "problems" are important to some of you and its hard for you to wait. But nobody wants a fast kernel that drains the battery.

For the moment:
If you can't wait, please use the old kernel.
If you live (at the moment) without all patches, ... and you want to help, take the testing v2.0.1

It seems like "/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/*/read_ahead_kb" set to 1024 comparing to the default 128..maybe you could try to go back to default value..and i guess this is not vsync-on, it still stutters. And lulzactive is still always on the max freq..

Btw: white noise is always present, when waking up the phone..



Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
20th April 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #207  
DJNoXD's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,178
 
1,071 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnle71

It seems like "/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/*/read_ahead_kb" set to 1024 comparing to the default 128..maybe you could try to go back to default value..and i guess this is not vsync-on, it still stutters. And lulzactive is still always on the max freq..

Btw: white noise is always present, when waking up the phone..

You mean a lower value (default 128) will solve that problem?
How can I reproduce that problem to test?

Other governors are working fine?
I am still testing lulzactive.
Will try if I can do something about, but if I can't it will be removed.

white noise:
There are two things which I can try.
I will also take a look at the changes (no many left) since minimal testing version.

Edit: My v2.0.2 testing version feels realy fast.
Will now test including TS driver as module.
Last edited by DJNoXD; 20th April 2012 at 07:47 PM.
20th April 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #208  
Senior Member
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 172
 
769 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNoXD

You mean a lower value (default 128) will solve that problem?
How can I reproduce that problem to test?

Testing sdcard speed? And i guess it's only lulzactive, lionheart is working well using it right now..

Edit: just flash back to roq kernel, and "/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/*/read_ahead_kb" are much higher! 4096 and some are 4?..

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by dnle71; 20th April 2012 at 08:44 PM.
21st April 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #209  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
546 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnle71

Testing sdcard speed? And i guess it's only lulzactive, lionheart is working well using it right now..

Edit: just flash back to roq kernel, and "/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/*/read_ahead_kb" are much higher! 4096 and some are 4?..

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

its just sd card speed cache, it doesnt seem to do that much of a difference, but 4096 is too high 1024 is best for our phone, dont earlier from tests and using scripts.
So really its last priority lol.

Will test the cpu freqs, and overall stability

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNoXD

Please test about the cpufreq issue.
I think that is the most important.

Camera flicker should also be gone (please test).

As I told if cpufreq is stable, I will create version as normal.

And yes, vsync is on. (will also create the off version later)

Did anybody here now if it is a problem to use touchscreendriver as module?

Just tested the cpufreq, performance governor works, the max freq is set, but conservative, lionheart do not work, its always doesnt go higher then one slot below the max frequency.
Maybe something in 3.0 is simply incompatible, as remember with a kernel update come driver updates, and some code you cant backport =(
21st April 2012, 02:46 AM   |  #210  
Cresqo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
194 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniso177

its just sd card speed cache, it doesnt seem to do that much of a difference, but 4096 is too high 1024 is best for our phone, dont earlier from tests and using scripts.
So really its last priority lol.

Will test the cpu freqs, and overall stability

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------


Just tested the cpufreq, performance governor works, the max freq is set, but conservative, lionheart do not work, its always doesnt go higher then one slot below the max frequency.
Maybe something in 3.0 is simply incompatible, as remember with a kernel update come driver updates, and some code you cant backport =(

Not problem for me here, cpufreq is working fine with every godrnor, tested with cool tool

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes