Using a droid3 on straight talk

OP d3adbroke

21st April 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Frostburg
Thanks Meter: 55

1,965 posts
More
Has anyone done this yet I'm getting one that is unlocked and works with att sim card and I know straight talk works on att towers so I should just put the sim in and update the apn correct? Thanks
Sent from my Milestone using XDA
21st April 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #2  
Flag Phila
Thanks Meter: 237

1,285 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adbroke

Has anyone done this yet I'm getting one that is unlocked and works with att sim card and I know straight talk works on att towers so I should just put the sim in and update the apn correct? Thanks

It works. You just need to follow the directions on how to get it set up for ATT. Stick to a GB rom too as I'm not sure if you're able to edit APN settings in ICS.
21st April 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Frostburg
Thanks Meter: 55

1,965 posts
More
Okay thanks what would u say would be best gb rom for battery and speed?

21st April 2012, 05:59 AM   |  #4  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 84

681 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rquinn19

It works. You just need to follow the directions on how to get it set up for ATT. Stick to a GB rom too as I'm not sure if you're able to edit APN settings in ICS.

You could always just push a complete apns-conf.xml to /etc (in gb or ics) and it will be perm setup, even if you factory reset. There's one on code.google or docs.google, just search "complete apns-conf.xml" or take one from any att rom from an att android device.
Last edited by Willis111; 21st April 2012 at 06:01 AM.
21st April 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #5  
Flag Phila
Thanks Meter: 237

1,285 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis111

You could always just push a complete apns-conf.xml to /etc (in gb or ics) and it will be perm setup, even if you factory reset. There's one on code.google or docs.google, just search "complete apns-conf.xml" or take one from any att rom from an att android device.

I tried that without success on ICS before. Maybe permissions weren't setup? Who knows? I've got ICS running with data now after doing these changes without having to edit my APN settings.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread