OP sbasil

21st April 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #871  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 595

1,030 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsuki19

sorry, I'm trying a bunch of ROMS atm, but I'm pretty sure it's read the sdcard or something (since ezet's ROM had v-sync off and it still happened)

Oh, ok...could be...I'm using a class10 sdcard and it runs just OK.

edit: Try installing the game to the internal SDcard and see if it makes any difference(?) The internal memory seems to be fairly fast.
Last edited by sbasil; 21st April 2012 at 01:08 AM.
21st April 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #872  
Thanks Meter: 13

114 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasil

You won't notice any difference between those two filesystems (I didn't). You can read more about it @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4 And yep, the SIM unlock PIN code removal seems to work fine. I tried to find a fix for the PIN CODE problem too (you can't disable or change the SIM PIN code in this ROM), but couldn't fix it...Could be kernel related problem to which I can't do diddly squat (or not...I just don't know...). Maybe someone with better skills could check it.

As to EXT 3/4 will not move, it seems that I have no faults with this new rom ...

This is something that never I move ... I like having the phone protected with pin code.
Well, I really liked to help, but I can not touch it. :/
21st April 2012, 01:47 AM   |  #873  
Thanks Meter: 130

211 posts
Thanks again for your excellent work on this, sbasil (and, of course, for sharing)!

There is one problem found in most ROMs, including this one (chose to post this here): the force closing of the app "SunVox" upon start (really nice music creation tool).

What do the ROMs that don't force close SunVox have in common? As far as I can tell, different graphics libraries. It works on Aurora. More interestingly, it works on TerraMino's GB Elite ROM, provided you flash his "performance" drivers zip. This contains the 6 files in /system/lib/egl/. adb debugging also shows something's up with these libs when it crashes (don't have the logs right here).

For some reason, flashing them to this ROM doesn't work. The phone boots into a black screen. I've tried changing updater-script to ext4 (and tried ext3 on the most recent ROM), as well as copying them over manually, to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea of how to make this work? Thanks!
Last edited by Triflot; 21st April 2012 at 01:49 AM.
21st April 2012, 01:56 AM   |  #874  
OP Senior Member

1,030 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triflot

Thanks again for your excellent work on this, sbasil (and, of course, for sharing)!

There is one problem found in most ROMs, including this one (chose to post this here): the force closing of the app "SunVox" upon start (really nice music creation tool).

What do the ROMs that don't force close SunVox have in common? As far as I can tell, different graphics libraries. It works on Aurora. More interestingly, it works on TerraMino's GB Elite ROM, provided you flash his "performance" drivers zip. This contains the 6 files in /system/lib/egl/. adb debugging also shows something's up with these libs when it crashes (don't have the logs right here).

For some reason, flashing them to this ROM doesn't work. The phone boots into a black screen. I've tried changing updater-script to ext4 (and tried ext3 on the most recent ROM), as well as copying them over manually, to no avail.

It's for .32 MIUI, won't work with .35. I'll give Terramino's ROM a look and see if it has different graphics drivers.
21st April 2012, 02:05 AM   |  #875  

211 posts
Quote:

It's for .32 MIUI, won't work with .35. I'll give Terramino's ROM a look and see if it has different graphics drivers.

Oh, damn. I'm probably mixing up, then, and remembering running it on his .32 MIUI. Sorry about that.

Here's the logcat, if it'll be of any use: http://pastebin.com/zMw2FfUC
21st April 2012, 02:11 AM   |  #876  
OP Senior Member

1,030 posts
More
Quote:

Oh, damn. I'm probably mixing up, then, and remembering running it on his .32 MIUI. Sorry about that.

Here's the logcat, if it'll be of any use: http://pastebin.com/zMw2FfUC

Here's EliteROM's "graphics drivers"...

http://www.mediafire.com/?brxm8cpnepkspxs

See if it makes any difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbasil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 02:24 AM   |  #877  

211 posts
Quote:

Here's EliteROM's "graphics drivers"...

http://www.mediafire.com/?brxm8cpnepkspxs

See if it makes any difference.

Thank you, but it still doesn't work (wiped caches before flashing). These libs seem to be identical to yours. Don't worry about it, though.
21st April 2012, 02:27 AM   |  #878  
OP Senior Member

1,030 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you, but it still doesn't work (wiped caches before flashing). These libs seem to be identical to yours. Don't worry about it, though.

Hold on a sec...I'll upload another one with gralloc.default.so & gralloc.msm7x30.so from elite rom as well...

edit: nevermind....they don't work too well with this ROM. graphics got really sluggish.

edit: if you want the original drivers back, here's a patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?ov6axczzkm79q0q
Last edited by sbasil; 21st April 2012 at 02:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbasil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 02:49 AM   |  #879  
Thanks Meter: 13

114 posts
This promises ROM

I usually test the processor consumption listening to music on phones ... in the other versions was 245MHz, now more below ... 122MHz

Consumption even lower.
21st April 2012, 05:59 AM   |  #880  
Thanks Meter: 115

162 posts
Quote:

Try to install the kernel by genokolar

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread