Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28]

Tip us?

That Baker Guy
Old
Thanks Meter 32
using cpu spy, it says that it does in fact go into deep sleep. according to mine anyway
but my battery drain is ridiculous while asleep so im inclined to believe that something extraneous is going on behind the scenes
d2vzw PA
tf300t cm-10.2
nook color cm-10.2

TheKid2
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Great work hashcode,

I have four kindle's connected to my network. When I started updating them with new kernel all are coming online with same mac address.

Any one have a clue where I should start looking to change? Any help apreciated.

matchstick13
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I am also having an issue with it coming up as an unknown device on win 7. Well build 5.2 did, haven't tested build 6 yet, but I'm assuming the same.

Also, having CRAZY battery drain. It doesn't seen like the fire is actually going into deep sleep. Dropped 50% battery in about 4hrs with no use. I left the house, and came back to a dead kindle.

DesDr0id
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Same here - crazy battery drain.

That's one of the reasons I started looking at wifi. Usually when wifi "sleeps", there is a re-initializing (re-connecting to the wifi network) that happens, however that's not the case -- wifi appears to never really sleep, at least for me.

That Baker Guy
Old
Thanks Meter 32

cpu spy, it says i been in deep sleep but the battery drain says otherwise
d2vzw PA
tf300t cm-10.2
nook color cm-10.2
The Following User Says Thank You to That Baker Guy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22000

DONATE TO ME
I'm currently working on the 1st attempted fix of the banding/striping issue on the display when resuming and the battery drain / charging issues.

It's taking me a bit to troubleshoot and work through some issues.

I appreciate the patience. As always please be careful while using the new kernel. Power the device off when not in use and leave it connected to USB when you can while using it.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d.l33t
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks Hashcode

First off great work Hashcode - really amazing!

the striping issues others have reported has not happened on my device. since i have been lurking around here for a while i did watch the dev on this kernel. My theory is that with the two different displays only one type is striping/banding, as i have not had any issue with that even after leaving my kindle asleep all day (over 12 hours)

i am noticing the battery drain however - and i dont know if this is normal but my led seems to stay green when the device is asleep. i will continue to hunt down bugs and seeing as i cannot post in a dev forum yet i will update my findings here in the general section. Hopefully my limited knowledge will help

Thanks Again,
D.L33T

rcolddroid
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
I'm currently working on the 1st attempted fix of the banding/striping issue on the display when resuming and the battery drain / charging issues.

It's taking me a bit to troubleshoot and work through some issues.

I appreciate the patience. As always please be careful while using the new kernel. Power the device off when not in use and leave it connected to USB when you can while using it.
Hashcode, I know you can't be everywhere at once, so I don't know if you have seen this.

Energy Rom post 3 Changelog:

March 19th 2012 (3.19.2012)

•The correct sleep/wake frequencies are now preset (600,000 min/max for sleep and 600,000/1200000 min/max for wake)

webdroidmt
Old
Thanks Meter 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesDr0id View Post
Can anyone confirm that wifi is actually goes to sleep when the screen goes off? I've found the option stated above and made the appropriate selection "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" -> NEVER, yet the wifi does not go off when the screen blanks (even after 20-30 minutes).
I also had it on "Wifi Never" and my wifi wasn't going off, so I got Green Power (free) from Play Store. Changed my KF sleep policy to Keep Wifi on during sleep- Always and in Green Power selected "override wifi sleep policy", which is actually selected by default. So, just check manage wifi and let it do it's thing.

Now, when I turn off the screen my wifi goes off. When you turn the screen back on, there is a slight delay in wifi coming back on....but it is slight. I've only been using it for a day or two but it appears to be helping with the battery a bit. It's a good workaround until Hashcode gets it fixed.

Mike T

rcolddroid
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcolddroid View Post
Just a further comment. the last couple of builds the kindle has showed up as either AM or Amazon and the device is only recognized as an android phone. this causes the Kindle Fire Utility to work only part of the time. i noticed when rebooting that the Kindle is first recognized as a Kindle but then switches over to one of the aforementioned choices. i suspect something changed in the kernel (maybe the init file) is causing this problem. all attempts to install the proper drivers in windows have failed and i don't know enough about adb to make this work.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

concerning videos, i had full screen in the landscape mode when using my browser to watch Amazon instant videos when using build 3. with build 6, i can watch these videos again but portrait mode actually displays a larger picture than landscape mode. in build 3 it was exactly the opposite (i used to have a small picure surrounded by a black screen in portrait mode this is now what i see in landscape mode in build 6).

Thanks again, for all your hard work, Hashcode! I hope I have provide enough information to help you debug these problems.
updated information re: Prime video. I turned my display all the way up and now i have 3/4 screen in landscape. full screen in build 3 must have been allowed by brightness. also sound was better in build 3 now need headset to hear.