[KERNEL] [ICS] [Stock WIFI restore] Stock ICS w init.d support+root+cwm! [25-May]
Latest Kernel mod -> Go Here
Based on 4.1.B.0.431 ICS 4.0.4 Kernel, features new CPU governors and autoroot.
Q. Who would benefit from this?
Those who want to stick to stock kernel for Official ICS (4.1.A.0.562), but would still want to get the benefits of init.d scripts, and native root access!
I personally feel ICS stock kernel is more battery friendly than Night-elf RC2 kernel.
- init.d support (credits DooMLoRD for showing the way)
- ro.secure=0 (that is now adb has native root access!)
- clockworkmod 5.5 (credits Night-elf)
- no other changes to stock kernel
- zImage changes not possible as source is not available from SONY
Previous features +
1. Switched to Doomlord's arc ics recovery (better features)
2. Important bug-fixes. (Please update!)
Previous features +
1. Perfect ADB connection in recovery.
2. Short vibrate on entering recovery added
Changes: Now restores stock WIFI modules
(so you can directly flash from Night-elf kernel without losing WIFI!)
Those who are using v2 without problems do not need to update!
CWM 5.5, with ADB & USB mount (credits Night-elf)
Q. How to install?
Just as you install a custom kernel.
If no wifi, just delete "modules_version" and "modules_reversion" in "/system/lib/modules" and reboot
1. Follow this guide
to install official ICS + root
(Do not install CWM)
2. If you already have DooMLoRD/nAa CWM, go to /system/bin with any root explorer and delete recovery.tar and chargemon
3. Power down device and get into FASTBOOT MODE -> switch off device hold menu key & plugin usb. (LED notification turns BLUE)
4. check fastboot with "fastboot devices
5. flash boot image
fastboot flash boot boot.img
6. Reboot with "fastboot reboot
Phone ....: Xperia Neo V
ROM ......: Spacious Smooth ICS -> PAC JB ROM
SDCard....: 16GB Class 4 Sandisk
My Apps: [APP] USB OTG Helper (MAJOR UPDATE)
[Neo/V] Spacious, smooth, light GB
and ICS 4.0.4
My Kernels: Suave Kernel
and Super Stock ICS
Composed/Posted with WYSIWYG BBCode Editor