Tip us?

lavero.burgos
Old
Thanks Meter 1302

DONATE TO ME
Ahah thanks a bunch, you're the man @succulent yup

~ Veronica

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium
SG Captivate - PAC ROM 4.2.2 | SGS2X - CM10.1 4.2.2 | NOOK Tablet - CM10.1 4.2.2 |

If i helped you please hit
button -
Your files everywhere! Get dropbox 2GB+250mb free: http://db.tt/9DHo4Gi

VIDEO TUTORIALS
My XDA FTP Folder ~ GDrive Folder ~ My XDA Threads

Prof. Penguin
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thank you for the tutorial! I finished building my first ROM from scratch last night thanks to you.

Just a couple problems I ran into, perhaps I can help some others avoid them:
-You must run vendor/cyanogen/get-rommanager before compiling
-For Arch Linux users: mv /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/python.bak & ln -s /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/python
-to compile with gcc 4.7 check this commit.

I am looking forward to making some contributions to the community and improving the environment for this excellent little tablet. Thanks again!

succulent
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Penguin View Post
Thank you for the tutorial! I finished building my first ROM from scratch last night thanks to you.

Just a couple problems I ran into, perhaps I can help some others avoid them:
-You must run vendor/cyanogen/get-rommanager before compiling
-For Arch Linux users: mv /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/python.bak & ln -s /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/python
-to compile with gcc 4.7 check this commit.

I am looking forward to making some contributions to the community and improving the environment for this excellent little tablet. Thanks again!
Good,

I've added codes so that when you build CM7, it will include recovery.img, MLO, and u-boot.bin in the output zip. This way, it'll flash recovery into internal when you flash the rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to succulent For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prof. Penguin
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Help me understand why you would want that every time you flash? If I am flashing roms in the first place wouldn't I already have a working recovery.img, MLO, and u-boot.bin?

succulent
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Penguin View Post
Help me understand why you would want that every time you flash? If I am flashing roms in the first place wouldn't I already have a working recovery.img, MLO, and u-boot.bin?
It was suggested to me. Just like BN update, it contains recovery, mlo, and u-boot.bin. MLO load u-boot and u-boot load boot.img. MLO and u-boot are different in each BN update. You want people to have the latest one flash to their device so they run properly. Latest one worked on both 8gb/16gb unlike old one that doesn't work on 8gb.

Prof. Penguin
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I was thinking about installing cyanoboot, wouldn't including these things break the ability to use an alternative bootloader, ie cyanoboot? Perhaps adding a compile time flag would be a better way to go about adding this feature.

As a comparison, does the Team B release include these pieces?

swaaye
Old
(Last edited by swaaye; 26th April 2012 at 11:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Succulent, you might want to add a warning about how flash-restore-stock.zip will wipe the ROM partition (which as you know has some irreplaceable unique data). I don't think it will be possible to register the NT with B&N after doing this and actually use the stock ROM.

succulent
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaaye View Post
Succulent, you might want to add a warning about how flash-restore-stock.zip will wipe the ROM partition (which as you know has some irreplaceable unique data). I don't think it will be possible to register the NT with B&N after doing this and actually use the stock ROM.
Correct. It's is there because some people decided to format their Rom nd Bootdata partitions. You might be able to register your device if you do the factory reset and restore. Your Rom and Bootdata might have backup in your factory partition. Anyway, you can skip the registration screen.

swaaye
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by succulent View Post
You might be able to register your device if you do the factory reset and restore. Your Rom and Bootdata might have backup in your factory partition.
Can you explain this further? Which factory reset and restore method? Is there an automated way to restore the ROM and BOOTDATA files from the factory partition?

succulent
Old
(Last edited by succulent; 27th April 2012 at 01:07 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaaye View Post
Can you explain this further? Which factory reset and restore method? Is there an automated way to restore the ROM and BOOTDATA files from the factory partition?
Factory partition:

>file factory.zip
Restore partition 1,2,3,4,9 (x-loader, bootloader, recovery, boot, system)
re-install system files, same as update.zip

>file qutarun.txt

>file rombackup.zip
Backlight,
BatteryType,
DateManufactured,
DeviceAttribute,
DeviceID,
EAN,
EventTpe,
HashofPrivateKey,
MACAddress,
MainboardSN,
ModelNumber,
OperatingMode,
Platform,
ProductID,
PublicKey,
SerialNumber,
WifiBackupCalibration

>file romrestore.zip
Restore partition 5 (Rom)

>file runin_end_batt_capacity_record
>file runin_raw_log.txt
>file runin_start_batt_capacity_record

Rom partition:

>folder defconf:
Backlight,
BatteryType,
DateManufactured,
DeviceAttribute,
DeviceID,
EAN,
EventTpe,
HashofPrivateKey,
MACAddress,
MainboardSN,
ModelNumber,
OperatingMode,
Platform,
ProductID,
PublicKey,
SerialNumber,
WifiBackupCalibration

>folder log:
aft1_log
bc002log.txt
qutadlog.txt
qutalog.txt

> file rom (0 byte)

Bootdata partition:
>file BCB
>file BootCnt
>file bootdata
>file max17042.bin

To initialize factory restore (Rom/Bootdata restore), you need to search the 9 failed boot attempts. To initialize Factory reset you need to turn off device. Hold both power and n button until device turn on and off. Power on again to go to stock recovery.