Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Bluetooth Car Stereo - JVC KDX50BT

OP urinsane

9th April 2012, 03:17 AM   |  #31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Which company installs the device for everybody
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
11th April 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #32  
coldblooded79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 77
 
492 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
I've streamed mp3s over bluetooth on AOKP and Cm9 Alpha 2. Works great but the id tags don't work. Paired my wife's Photon with CM7 and worked perfectly. The JVC remote app also worked, but not on my Epic Running ICS. Flashed back to Calk's 2.9.2 and worked like a charm. I'm pretty sure that it's a kernel issue that can and will be fixed once we have source:)
The Following User Says Thank You to coldblooded79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maui
Thanks Meter: 104
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded79

I've streamed mp3s over bluetooth on AOKP and Cm9 Alpha 2. Works great but the id tags don't work. Paired my wife's Photon with CM7 and worked perfectly. The JVC remote app also worked, but not on my Epic Running ICS. Flashed back to Calk's 2.9.2 and worked like a charm. I'm pretty sure that it's a kernel issue that can and will be fixed once we have source:)

I'm starting to think it is a CM9 problem. I moved from Calks to CM9 a week or so back, and sure enough, no more tags. I switched to a Galaxy Nexus and am running AOKP, and same story. I did not test it on AOSP out of the box.

Since AOKP is a fork of CM9, I'm assuming the problem stems from there.

I've installed MIUI on the Nexus and will attempt to test that as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to urinsane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maui
Thanks Meter: 104
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmuni

Which company installs the device for everybody
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Do you mean who installs the stereos?

I think most of us have done it ourselves. It really isnt too difficult if you have ever wired something, especially if you purchase from Crutchfield as the provide vehicle specific install guides with your order.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, any car stereo shop should install for a fee, but its usually around $80 or more in my experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to urinsane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by urinsane

I'm starting to think it is a CM9 problem. I moved from Calks to CM9 a week or so back, and sure enough, no more tags. I switched to a Galaxy Nexus and am running AOKP, and same story. I did not test it on AOSP out of the box.

Since AOKP is a fork of CM9, I'm assuming the problem stems from there.

I've installed MIUI on the Nexus and will attempt to test that as well.

Any luck with MIUI? I haven't tried my Transformer yet, will give it a a shot when I have time. It is on ICS now too, but stock rooted, could help with ICS questions. That would be a big touch screen stereo, no need for tags with Transformer mounted on dash.... lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
14th April 2012, 04:49 AM   |  #36  
coldblooded79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 77
 
492 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC_Bolts

Any luck with MIUI? I haven't tried my Transformer yet, will give it a a shot when I have time. It is on ICS now too, but stock rooted, could help with ICS questions. That would be a big touch screen stereo, no need for tags with Transformer mounted on dash.... lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

That's funny. I was thinking of doing the same thing with my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Hella big Navigation screen
14th April 2012, 04:54 AM   |  #37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maui
Thanks Meter: 104
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC_Bolts

Any luck with MIUI? I haven't tried my Transformer yet, will give it a a shot when I have time. It is on ICS now too, but stock rooted, could help with ICS questions. That would be a big touch screen stereo, no need for tags with Transformer mounted on dash.... lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Tried it today, no luck. So my CM9 theory is out. Thinking about going to stock AOSP ICS 4.0.4 to see if it works there.
The Following User Says Thank You to urinsane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maui
Thanks Meter: 104
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2006
Didn't try AOSP, but found the following regarding AOKP:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/23439-avr...uild-b32-ml-5/

It appears that it is being worked on. I'm downloading the newest release today as it was supposed to fix compatibility for quite a few music apps. I'll let you know if it works out.

Edit: Gotta love open source. Build 33 of AOKP fixed it on my Galaxy Nexus. Good luck to everyone on the E4T... I just finished porting my number out of Sprint.
Last edited by urinsane; 21st April 2012 at 06:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to urinsane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #39  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 32
 
259 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I'm tempted to bite, but I've got a Camry with some internal controls on the steering wheel for the built-in stereo that I'm afraid I'd lose if I switched to a third-party.

Plus I know dick about cars, so I'd probably have to pay someone to install it.
21st April 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #40  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
$81 with coupon code
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/6987...port?#comments

Crutchfield has JVC KD-X50BT Blueooth Car Media Player w/ 2 USB, Android & Blackberry Support for $99.99 + $0.99 filler - $20 with coupon code 3A825 = $80.98 + free shipping.

Thanks CloneNum3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes