5,597,762 Members 36,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Beta][CM9][9/28/12] Galaxy Exhibit 4G

Tip us?

interessant
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks will try this out

Still wondering why the wifi sleep isn't like cm7 on the nook or ics on the touch pad which can be left for a week within 10% battery difference in deep sleep. Wifi on this pics beta from doesn't shut off until almost 4-6 hours after screen goes to sleep. That's a waste!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Can someone also tell me how to sync google talk contacts with the phone contacts that already exist?

for example. I already have a contact added, with phone and email, but the google talk IM field is not being auto synced. I recall this being done on even cm7 in the past automatically. If I manually add it under an IM field, then the contact's gtalk status shows up in my 'People' app.

cmikeh2
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by interessant View Post
Thanks will try this out

Still wondering why the wifi sleep isn't like cm7 on the nook or ics on the touch pad which can be left for a week within 10% battery difference in deep sleep. Wifi on this pics beta from doesn't shut off until almost 4-6 hours after screen goes to sleep. That's a waste.
The Touchpad and Nook Tablet both lack the cellular radio found in our phone. A lot of the standby time drain comes from the radio, especially if you're in a location that lacks a good signal. For me, they built my school like a bunker and no one except Verizon (who has a tower built on our school) gets service. The battery drain from the radio is so excessive I just put it in airplane mode or I wouldn't make it through a full day. If you're experiencing excessive battery drain you may want to check the intervals that email and other apps sync with the server because syncing will cause the phone to "awake" and increase battery usage.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA
Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP Project Unicorn Butter (Fudgyeah) Krait
Kernel: Trinity Kernel 92G
Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Phones: Galaxy Exhibit (AOKP M6), Multiple Dumbphones

prozack1983
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidd View Post
On the 4/14 build I am having significant battery drain compared to other builds.
As am I. I have not changed any settings or usage habits. I'm not complaining as I know this is a work in progress, just letting ya know.

Sent from my NookTablet using XDA Premium HD app

T679noob
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Sorry, but I just have to say: some people expect too fn much from this phone. Its limited in it's capabilities, which should be obvious to the average Joe (which I am). It IS a NO-CONTRACT PHONE, which by definition suggests it's not top of the line, compared to newer contract phones. Insinuating the least amount of belittlement possible: DUH!!!

I've flashed probably 50 ROMs for this phone, including updated builds, etc., and this ROM has no differential battery life issues, or memory.

Stop complaining about the camera (even the subtle, "this ROM rocks, but whaaaa camera whaaaa"... Stop assuming Jocala is Jesus... Stop with the "I can't take this crap anymore," and revert to stock, or sell the phone.

The devs have done so much, and requested so little. A little appreciation is in order. I am so happy to have a phone like this running an OS better than most new phones I've seen. Ty Jocala and the rest of the hard-working devs who are so committed to this and ask nothing but "thanks" in return. Well, thanks!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to T679noob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tim1928
Old
Thanks Meter 1413

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by T679noob View Post
Sorry, but I just have to say: some people expect too fn much from this phone. Its limited in it's capabilities, which should be obvious to the average Joe (which I am). It IS a NO-CONTRACT PHONE, which by definition suggests it's not top of the line, compared to newer contract phones. Insinuating the least amount of belittlement possible: DUH!!!

I've flashed probably 50 ROMs for this phone, including updated builds, etc., and this ROM has no differential battery life issues, or memory.

Stop complaining about the camera (even the subtle, "this ROM rocks, but whaaaa camera whaaaa"... Stop assuming Jocala is Jesus... Stop with the "I can't take this crap anymore," and revert to stock, or sell the phone.

The devs have done so much, and requested so little. A little appreciation is in order. I am so happy to have a phone like this running an OS better than most new phones I've seen. Ty Jocala and the rest of the hard-working devs who are so committed to this and ask nothing but "thanks" in return. Well, thanks!

Hell just the other day i went back to the rom i was using before i went to this. I lasted half a day and came back. This rom is amazing camera no camera i don't see me using another rom. And as jocala said when we get drivers there will be a camera. People just thank god we have such hard working devs or we would be stuck with stock

sent from my Exhibit II CM9 KANG

FOLLOW TEAM INSOMNIA ON

My Github

Find my work here @ BLOWNCO

dennis96411
Old
Thanks Meter 360
I agree with T679noob, I have been using this ROM on my phone ever since the first day of release. I never went back to any other ROMs after that, never complained about the camera, and have always tried to help other people who have problems with this ROM.

cmikeh2
Old
Thanks Meter 53
T679noob has hit the nail right on the head. Without the devs that build ROMs for our phone we would be stuck with stock touchwiz. : ( All in all, beggars can't be choosers.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA
Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP Project Unicorn Butter (Fudgyeah) Krait
Kernel: Trinity Kernel 92G
Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Phones: Galaxy Exhibit (AOKP M6), Multiple Dumbphones

ikaritensi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default A plea from another standpoint

I would like to say that I think its more rude for someone to come on here and down other users for reporting possible issues. I personally can tell a difference in the batter draining between certain builds and when users report this en mass, it let's the dev know what's up. Also while the camera thing is annoying from some other users it has helped out with potential resources from the research being done to try and find a solution. Just speaking my peace... if it weren't for people complaining of the speaker crackles or network issues of 4-17, jacola would have never known due to the fact that his phone was working while others wasn't.

tl;dr: complaining about complainers is more obnoxious than the original complainers...so stop complaining.
The Following User Says Thank You to ikaritensi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

T679noob
Old
Thanks Meter 174
LoL I was one that reported the crackling issue. Thanks for the holier than thou speech, though. Imagine if you were a dev working hard on this every day and all you read are woes and complaints.

Anyway, I understand your point. Still, pretty sure I didn't throw a fit. Read back through the forums and maybe you'll get my drift. Complaining about complaining of complainers lol

wilson pickett
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by T679noob View Post

uh,you are aware that this phone is available as a contract phone,discounted to as cheap as free,aren't you?