5,605,250 Members 39,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][05.9.12] CleanROM Developer Edition 1.4 -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | New Kernel |★-

Tip us?

magicnanners
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Has anyone else had issues with My Verizon? I know a lot of people on xda have unlimited data so accurately monitoring data isn't an issue but I unfortunately don't have unlimited data and so My Verizon is crucial. Whenever I launch the app it says I'm missing the login client. I've tried un installing and re-installing to no avail. I have no idea what is going wrong.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
Devices:
Nexus 5 16GB Black Running AOKP
Nexus 7 (2013 Edition) 32GB Wi-Fi Running CM 11

mpetruzz
Old
Thanks Meter 99
I just got my Rezound and am going to unlock/root this weekend. Gonna go with this ROM, looks sick!!

I was just wondering in regards to battery life if it's improved at all. I'm actually getting pretty good juice right now and wanted to ask.

Thanks!!!

magicnanners
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I've had fairly decent battery life.

Devices:

dyetheskin
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicnanners View Post
Has anyone else had issues with My Verizon? I know a lot of people on xda have unlimited data so accurately monitoring data isn't an issue but I unfortunately don't have unlimited data and so My Verizon is crucial. Whenever I launch the app it says I'm missing the login client. I've tried un installing and re-installing to no avail. I have no idea what is going wrong.

I believe it's been stripped from this rom and can't be used since it requires the sso engine apk if I'm not mistake. that system app was taken out as part of the debloating proces
"Takes A Freak To Please A Freak"

dyetheskin
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
I've had fairly decent battery life.

I get about 6 hours of straight screen on time with mild to high use. about 10 hours if it sleeps. drains about 20% while sleeeping for 8ish hours though

Jimi Mack
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:

You can always download "My Verizon" directly from the market... oh accuse me Play Store.

magicnanners
Old
(Last edited by magicnanners; 21st April 2012 at 02:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Mack View Post
You can always download "My Verizon" directly from the market... oh accuse me Play Store.
I've tried that originally.

Devices:

scrosler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 47357

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyetheskin View Post
I believe it's been stripped from this rom and can't be used since it requires the sso engine apk if I'm not mistake. that system app was taken out as part of the debloating proces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Mack View Post
Quote:
I've tried that originally.

The supporting apps have been removed so downloading it from market will result in the error indicated.

I did not have any plans on supporting Verizon apps or making a patch for it but considering your circumstances I will make a patch and post it so you can track data. I feel that is a reasonable request. It will, however not be backed into the ROM but left as a patch in the CleanROM folder going forward. I will try to get to it in a few hours when I get off work then I need to keep working on some Thunderbolt stuff...

Those that dont know I had a Thunderbolt donated and released the first version of CleanROM 1.0 for it. Its tight! Check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetruzz View Post
I just got my Rezound and am going to unlock/root this weekend. Gonna go with this ROM, looks sick!!

I was just wondering in regards to battery life if it's improved at all. I'm actually getting pretty good juice right now and wanted to ask.

Thanks!!!

Some people have great battery others horrific. ICS is hit or miss for some. My overall battery run time did diminish but is not worth even noting. Other people have had improved RUN time while others have had significantly decreased.

At this point I think its minor variations in hardware, reception, towers, etc. But I have never figured out an exact answer as to why. And I am sure HTC is trying to figure it out too, lol

Hope that helps. Oh and you can always go back to GB as well.

-Scott
The Following User Says Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dyetheskin
Old
Thanks Meter 229
hey Scott. I found a potential performance tip that might help if it's not in effect already. it repacks all apks in a rom with adjusted compression so apps don't need to be uncompressed before it runs.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1123463

scrosler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 47357

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyetheskin View Post
hey Scott. I found a potential performance tip that might help if it's not in effect already. it repacks all apks in a rom with adjusted compression so apps don't need to be uncompressed before it runs.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1123463
Yeah, last time I did something like it blew up all the signatures on the files, etc... I may give it a go but... man... It was a bad experience last time!