Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 51,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Wanting to Buy a Note. I need a lot of help.

Tip us?

AgentCherryColla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 507
Default [Q]Wanting to Buy a Note. I need a lot of help.

I've finally gave up on HTC, and saw the 5.3" light that is the Note. I love all the work that is going into this device. Now I want to buy one, but I don't know where? I see many buy from Amazon, but I don't wanna get scammed. I've been fugded over more than once by bad "deals". I don't want the AT&T version because this version is much better. So can you help me find a safe place to buy a note.

Now here's another question. Most (if not all) of the N7000Ns are unlocked. But are those factory unlocked? If I flash a new ROM, or kernel will I loose my unlock? I'm wanting to use this with Straight Talk (Awesome Unlimited Carrier). The bands are AT&T, but I'll have T-Mobile for a good 3 months. So I don't wanna have my cake, and not be able to eat it :0 I see most people here are kind, so hopefully I get some much needed help

I Wish it was a Galaxy Note >:T
Phones: iPhone (3G/s) MyTouch 4GSlide CyanogenMod (7/9/10[.1]) Galaxy S II (TMOUS) AOKP
Tablets: Kindle Fire (Cyanogenmod) Nook Color CyanogenMod
Other: Archos HomeConnect 35 CyanogenMod7 (If you want, ask)

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Cant really help you with where to get the Note - try some local stores maybe ?

As for the unlocks - if you get the unlocked version, you can flash a new rom or kernel and your phone will remain unlocked.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

The Following User Says Thank You to Akiainavas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrDSL
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2509

DONATE TO ME
I bought mine from expansys.US and I bought 1 year insurance for $60.00 from ensquared.com
Phone: Optimus G Pro
ROM: CM11
Kernel
Theme: Mixer
Radio: BM9615A

Follow me on Twitter @Mr_DSL

The Following User Says Thank You to MrDSL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TempusFudgeIt
Old
Thanks Meter 95
I bought mine from Handtec in UK (I am in Australia) Thoroughly recommend them and touch wood have had no issues with my wonderful Note.

There are a number of reputable ebay stores - you could also try there.

As far as I know all Notes are factory unlocked unless the carrier has nobbled them!
The Following User Says Thank You to TempusFudgeIt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chadrick.7
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Got mine on eBay with no issues.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
AT&T NOTE 3 powered by KnoxRaid KitKat rom v5.1
The Following User Says Thank You to chadrick.7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psun786
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I would say purchase from a seller that offers store warranty or the cheapest source and get third party warranty.

However, I bought mine without warranty from Newegg.com. But again, I am not planning to flash it with custom rom so unlikely it will break within a year. At least two of Galaxy Note I bought from them don't have any white banding or black clipping problem. Probably going switch to iphone 5 in October
The Following User Says Thank You to psun786 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aalupatti
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Amazon is very reliable. Never had issues with it.
However most of the places that you buy from US wont give u manufacturer warranty for international note.
If u want warranty confirm with the warranty company before purchasing.

I got mine from handtech more than 6 months ago. At that time none offered warrranty to the phone and hence i could not get one.
So far no issues.

you will be able to use with strait talk.
With N7000 u wont get 3g with tmobile.
With att note u can get it but looks very murky now and u will have issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to aalupatti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beethoven9th
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You should be fine buying from either eBay or Amazon, as long as you choose a Top-Rated seller (eBay), or a seller with a large # of transactions with 95%+ positive feedback (Amazon).

For the record, I bought mine from a Top-Rated seller on eBay and have had no problems whatsoever.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beethoven9th For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freedomispopular
Old
Thanks Meter 49
According to a rep on expansys-usa.com, they'll handle warranty claims for you if you need it. I'm planning to buy from them as soon as my tax refund comes in.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2
My Note 3 listing on Swappa: http://swappa.com/listing/ZTZ606/view
The Following User Says Thank You to freedomispopular For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AgentCherryColla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 507
Thanks for all the Tips That unlock was the most vital thing for me. You'll be seeing me around here by Mid May. Once agin thanks to all of guys and gals

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
Phones: iPhone (3G/s) MyTouch 4GSlide CyanogenMod (7/9/10[.1]) Galaxy S II (TMOUS) AOKP
Tablets: Kindle Fire (Cyanogenmod) Nook Color CyanogenMod
Other: Archos HomeConnect 35 CyanogenMod7 (If you want, ask)